City of Houston Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

I received an email about a month after i applied ....I've been applying for Customer Service positions with the city since 2011 so i was really excited to get a response back.....The interview went well. The interview panel consisted of four people......Standard Customer Service Representative interview questions....Its been about a month since the interview but i haven't heard anything back but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your boss asked you to do something you did not want to do?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

City of Houston Manager does initial phone screen. When the manager calls they ask you only questions to see if you qualify to move on in the process. The second phase is a panel interview with manager, Deputy Director CIO, and Team. We Discuss different projects, what occurred, Methodologies, Stages, Technical strengths, Job Offer if selected

Interview Questions

• General Behavioral Questions: Tell me a time when... Situational Questions specific to your experience in Project Management   Answer Question

Custodian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

The interviewing process was with three supervisors however there were so many questions each supervisor had their very own set of questions .However I was able to accomplish what was asked each supervisor was well mannered and respectful.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals while working for the City of Houston?   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Screening with a recruiter to assess skills. Then an in person interview with supervisor. In person interview was about 45 minutes in length. Common questions were asked. Always good to have your own questions. Interview them as much as they interview you. I received my offer of employment about 3 days later. They will conduct a background check and there is a drug screening as well.

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Lots of technical questions regarding the instructional design process. Pretty straightforward interview if you understand the instructional design system. The learning and development center is small but very nice. The people are extremely friendly as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assistant City Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

Interview was not too formal. Filled out application in blue ink. Meet with the manager, and another supervisor. Asked questions related to my job experience. Was an overall easier interview than most because I had been refered by a highly-regarded colleague.

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at City of Houston in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by C.O.S., Chief of Design and Construction, and Assistant Deputy Director, for a position in the Design and Construction Division with the General Services Department to design upcoming projects for new libraries, police, fire stations, office, and maintenance buildings. Interview process was a formal round table discussion of my background and qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for the City when your previous experience has been in the private sector?   Answer Question

Airport Operations Assistant Interview

Interview

First step was what thing a video and answering customer service questions, they pick the people that best fits their need from your answers, about a month after that I had my interview with 4 people at the same time, head of human resources the other 3 worked in my department. After interview it took about 2 months for extensive background check, started working about a month after that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

filled out online application, got a call back after a month. person who scheduled my interview was very pleasant on the phone and worked with my schedule. interview was with two very friendly managers. questions were not very difficult, they went through my resume and admired my background and were really positive. however they said they would make a decision end of June and I never heard back from them. i wish they would let the candidate know either way so the candidate is not sitting and waiting around for a response.

Interview Questions

• nothing really, they asked me about what i have on my resume such as Excel and SAP experience   Answer Question

Financial Analyst IV Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

Most of my interviews were informal and the job postings were posted out of formality. They already usually know who they are hiring. Human Resources is constantly re-assigned to different departments, which slows down the hiring process.