City of Lakeland, FL

Candidate Interview Review

Operations Support Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online – interviewed at City of Lakeland, FL in June 2014.

Two person interview , both Caucasian males in a small facility in Lakeland. One interviewer was dressed in a suit and another in PFG Columbia fishing gear with the city of Lakeland logo. I saw four office women while I waited, no minorities in sight. This wouldn't bother me in a private company but for a city I expected some type of diversity. I sure they have minorities but I doubt they're consistent with the census racial population of lakeland. They take me to a conference room and tell me I'm free to ask any question were not that formal. Now as a perspective employee for the interview process to be so non formal could mean two things. This is really relaxed group of guys or you have selected a candidate already and your doing this to follow the guidelines per city of lakeland. I'm giving a full assumptions on why I wont get the job based on these observation even though they said the would notify me Tuesday. I answered all questions fully and correctly as they wrote on the paper. Unfortunately I noticed something, not alot of writing. I said alot and was very descriptive in my answers. I literally watched them write one word for a section for a paragraph with the research I've done I think this is "Good ol boy country". Im sure someones friend is going to take the position and interviewing me was a formality , mainly because I am non-white and this fills a quota of interview diversification. I will update on tuesday if they notify me on my standing with the company, it should be interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions none two difficult for the average person   Answer Question