City of Lakeland, FL Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Lakeland, FL

PAL Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at City of Lakeland, FL.

Interview

You're given a two hour test. Two weeks later its followed with a presentation to a panel, you're given 15m to read the material and prepare to speak. Afterwhich, the panel conducts a formal Q/A.

Interview Questions

• A volunteer who has been with you for several years and has always been valuable acts inappropriately at an event but you don't want to fire them. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Operations Support Tech II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at City of Lakeland, FL (Lakeland, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Two person interview , both Caucasian males in a small facility in Lakeland. One interviewer was dressed in a suit and another in PFG Columbia fishing gear with the city of Lakeland logo. I saw four office women while I waited, no minorities in sight. This wouldn't bother me in a private company but for a city I expected some type of diversity. I sure they have minorities but I doubt they're consistent with the census racial population of lakeland. They take me to a conference room and tell me I'm free to ask any question were not that formal. Now as a perspective employee for the interview process to be so non formal could mean two things. This is really relaxed group of guys or you have selected a candidate already and your doing this to follow the guidelines per city of lakeland. I'm giving a full assumptions on why I wont get the job based on these observation even though they said the would notify me Tuesday. I answered all questions fully and correctly as they wrote on the paper. Unfortunately I noticed something, not alot of writing. I said alot and was very descriptive in my answers. I literally watched them write one word for a section for a paragraph with the research I've done I think this is "Good ol boy country". Im sure someones friend is going to take the position and interviewing me was a formality , mainly because I am non-white and this fills a quota of interview diversification. I will update on tuesday if they notify me on my standing with the company, it should be interesting.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions none two difficult for the average person   Answer Question