City of Mississauga Canada

City of Mississauga Canada Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Mississauga Canada

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at City of Mississauga Canada.

Received email for interview a month after applications closed. Emailed stated I had to called back HR within a week in order to set up face to face interview. This email also contained interview address, names of interviewers, and instructions on where to wait until mangers arrived. The mangers (two) were 10mins late to the interview. Interview questions were read from a sheet of default company questions. Each manager took turning reading off questions and making notes with little to no eye contact.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the City of Mississauga?   View Answer
    • I was asked if i lived in the city, which was not one of the questions on the question sheet.   View Answer
    • I was also asked about situations and how to solved these problems. what would i do if..... how would i handle....   View Answer

Karate Instructor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Mississauga Canada in March 2010.

The supervisor is looking for more instructors, and I have been a volunteer for over 2 years. I was a worthy candidate and was offered a position as instructor. The supervisor of the community center is very interested in Martial Arts, and sometimes watches our classes, well she also makes reviews on all the programs run in the center.
    I was personally asked, since I have been a volunteer for over 2 years, if I was interested in being a part-time staff worker. I respectfully and enthusiastically accepted. We set a date, I brought in a security clearance check, and I was on the way to becoming an instructor for the city.
    During the interview, I was briefed on the City's policies, respectful workplace factor, WHMIS, and other codes of conduct. I was given a contract to review, and signed it, and was on the road to being an employee.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I am a Part-Time employee for the Mississauga Parks and Recreation, and offered the specialized wage, which increases annualy.

Camp Leader Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at City of Mississauga Canada in January 2009.

This position required an online application, unless the applicant is already an internal member personnel, in which case he or she could apply using the Internal Application. The application would be put in a pool, and successful applicants would receive a phone call for an interview.

The interview consists of three parts and lasts for almost two hours. The first part is a written test, where applicants answer questions about situations relating to a camp setting. Examples include creating your own games, briefly explaining what you would do in an emergency, and so forth, You have a time limit of approximately half an hour.

The second part is a 1:1 interview. Here they ask you questions about your history (e.g. what experience have you had with children, where have you worked), situation questions (e.g. a child is hurt while you are crossing a football field, what do you do), and general questions about yourself (e.g. tell me about yourself, what did you enjoy about your past jobs, what do you hope for in the future).

The third part is a group exercise, and gauged what kind of person candidates are in real life. Groups were given a set of words. With the words we were supposed to create a game as well as play it out for the interviewees.

The employee would call in a few days if you were successful, or email you if you were not. If not, you may be put in a "waiting" pool where, if successful candidates decide not to take the job, you would get the job. You are then given a day of training, and are given time to plan what to do for the camp.