City of Newport News Virginia

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Newport News Virginia

Candidate Interview Review

Senior Eligibility Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at City of Newport News Virginia in February 2013.

It took about 3 weeks after I applied to get an interview scheduled. It was a panel interview with 3 senior members from the office. The questions were all situational. You really have to know the benefit eligibility process for SNAP, Medicaid, and TANF benefits in order to excel in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was a mathematical equation to determine if a client would be eligible for expedited SNAP benefits using the standard utility deduction.   Answer Question

about 3 weeks after the interview I did get a job offer however, I declined b/c the salary offered was $10K less than what I currently earn. They did try to negotiate but were only able to offer me $3K more.