City of Newport News Virginia

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Newport News Virginia

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at City of Newport News Virginia.

Panel interview consisted of 5 employees. Approximately 15-20 questions relating to what-if scenarios and chain of command procedures. Very positive experience during the interview. The administrator was prior military and his way of operating the division was very similar.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of. When I was interviewed I had recently got out of the military which eased a lot of their security questions.   Answer Question

Senior Eligibility Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at City of Newport News Virginia in February 2013.

It took about 3 weeks after I applied to get an interview scheduled. It was a panel interview with 3 senior members from the office. The questions were all situational. You really have to know the benefit eligibility process for SNAP, Medicaid, and TANF benefits in order to excel in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was a mathematical equation to determine if a client would be eligible for expedited SNAP benefits using the standard utility deduction.   Answer Question

about 3 weeks after the interview I did get a job offer however, I declined b/c the salary offered was $10K less than what I currently earn. They did try to negotiate but were only able to offer me $3K more.