City of Norfolk (Virginia)

www.norfolk.gov
  www.norfolk.gov

City of Norfolk (Virginia) Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Norfolk (Virginia)

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at City of Norfolk (Virginia).

Applying online was very easy, although it takes a while for human resources to notify you if you have been selected for an interview. The interview process was very straightforward and included several managers. They explained the position and its duties thoroughly and were open to questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked why I applyied for the position as I appeared to be "overqualified."   Answer Question

Received a better job offer elsewhere.

Part Time Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at City of Norfolk (Virginia) in May 2013.

I supposedly had a meeting with the person who called me about the position but it ended up being a panel interview consisting of four people. They asked me ten questions about my qualifications, my work practices, and hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions
    • They gave me a sheet with all the questions that they would ask and they gave me a moment to compose my thoughts so it wasn't very difficult.   Answer Question

Got a full time job offer.

Rec Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Norfolk (Virginia) in January 2012.

Everything was great

Neighborhotod Dev Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Norfolk (Virginia) in October 2010.

Panel interview with pretty generic questions about time management, consensus building, working in diverse environments and how i handle conflict resolution. The interview process has not changed much in the years i have worked for the city. It really depends who serves on the panel that is chosen for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or technical questions involved in my interview.   Answer Question