City of Norfolk (Virginia) Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at City of Norfolk (Virginia).

Interview

Panel interview with hiring manager and others from the department. Took about one hour. Pretty standard - some questions redundant - interviewers made me feel comfortable. Would have been helpful to get a better understanding of the day to day tasks of the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in developing/launching a new program? After describing the position - was asked how my strengths would fit. There was an excel assessment following the exam.   1 Answer

Library Computer Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at City of Norfolk (Virginia) (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The interview was simple. Asked standard questions about customer service and diversity. The hiring process included taking a drug test and backgroubd check. Overall a good place to work when hours and pay are not an issue.

Interview Questions

• please explain a time when you delt with a disgruntled customer or client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation and pay not discussed. Hours are fixed not told during interview.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at City of Norfolk (Virginia).

Interview

Applying online was very easy, although it takes a while for human resources to notify you if you have been selected for an interview. The interview process was very straightforward and included several managers. They explained the position and its duties thoroughly and were open to questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I applyied for the position as I appeared to be "overqualified."   Answer Question

Received a better job offer elsewhere.

Part Time Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at City of Norfolk (Virginia) (Norfolk, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

I supposedly had a meeting with the person who called me about the position but it ended up being a panel interview consisting of four people. They asked me ten questions about my qualifications, my work practices, and hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a sheet with all the questions that they would ask and they gave me a moment to compose my thoughts so it wasn't very difficult.   Answer Question

Got a full time job offer.

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at City of Norfolk (Virginia) (Norfolk, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

the interview process was very long and tedious. I started the interview process in April of 2013 and didn't receive any feedback until June of 2013. I then proceeded to have a second interview in July which consisted of a group panel skills and personality test. The skills test was to check my knowledge of Excel and Visual Basics.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you help manage, and what were some issues that you had to deal with?   Answer Question

Rec Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at City of Norfolk (Virginia) (Norfolk, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Everything was great

Neighborhotod Dev Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at City of Norfolk (Virginia) (Norfolk, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Panel interview with pretty generic questions about time management, consensus building, working in diverse environments and how i handle conflict resolution. The interview process has not changed much in the years i have worked for the city. It really depends who serves on the panel that is chosen for the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or technical questions involved in my interview.   Answer Question