City of Philadelphia

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Airport Operations Trainee Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at City of Philadelphia in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to the job online and heard back from the city about a month later. I got a phone call and had a face to face interview within two weeks. I was interviewed by three people. HR manager, operations manager, and a security department supervisor. The interview process is the same as most places. They ask you questions that pertain to you and your work experience. The only issue I had was I thought I was interviewing for an airside operations position but got put into security which I was not pleased with and I feels it would have been better if I was told this at the outset. In order to get the job you also need to pass a drug test and a criminal background test.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected other then if you are not familiar with the rules you may get caught off guard with having to live within Philadelphia county in order to keep your job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation since it is a union job and they started me at the lowest pay scale.

Clerical Assistant Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at City of Philadelphia in November 2013.

Interview Details – My recruiter contacted me via telephone two days in advance and scheduled me for an interview. The location was close by so I did not mind the travel. The interviewers were very professional and courteous and they assured me of the duties and challenges that I may encounter.

Interview Question – If you were to come across a disgruntled client whose emotions became overwhelming, how would you address the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is a temporary, full time position so there wasn't much to negotiate. Salary has not been discussed but I do know that there will be rigorous training. I welcome challenges and encourage progression.

Planning Intern Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at City of Philadelphia in September 2012.

Interview Details – Communicated after recommendation from alumni email. Went in the next day for a short interview with executive manager of department, and his assistant.

Interview Question – "In practice, how do you effectively work with and solve problems for our community members and businesses? Concretely, what tools and strategies do you use?"   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Administrator Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at City of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – A short phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the Infrastructure Team. some textbook questions were asked. Was asked about previous employment experience.

Negotiation Details – There is not much negotiation since it is a non-profit organization

IT Specialist Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at City of Philadelphia in September 2011.

Interview Details – I only had a phone interview and they hired me couple days later. The interview was very basic, nothing crazy. Be yourself.

Interview Question – Tell me about your previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary is not negotiable.

Manager, Tobacco Control Program Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source - interviewed at City of Philadelphia in July 2012.

Interview Details – A respectful and well- organized hiring and interview process. I was able to complete the human resources forms in advance and bring them to the interview. I met with a physician with the Health Commissioners' Office, who provided a good overview of the tobacco program, it's history, and current goals.

Interview Question – I was asked how I might address vendors' resistance to tobacco control policy.   Answer Question

Reporting & Compliance Manager Interview

Philadelphia, PA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at City of Philadelphia in July 2010.

Interview Details – I initially submitted my resume for another position. The program manager sent me an email informing me that the position had already been filled but that he had another position that he felt I would be a sure fit for which was attached in the email. He asked for me to accept this and confirm for a interview date. I appeared at the interview site, it was a panel of three people. It was a normal formal interview. Two weeks later I was called back and made an offer.

Interview Question – What are your experiences with data analysis, and what programs do you utilize in this function?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate, but because I was taken off guard when he called, I was not able to negotiate with the proper mindframe, and with the economy in the state it was and being unemployed I took what I was given.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at City of Philadelphia in January 2009.

Interview Details – OK

Interview Question – Just asked for an overview of my experience and knowledge.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – poor, low pay, and then after starting, informed that pay will be reduced by 2 weeks pay due to financial difficulties.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for City of Philadelphia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City of Philadelphia interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by City of Philadelphia employees and interview candidates.