City of Phoenix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Business Analyst Intern

Interviewed at City of Phoenix

Interview Details – Interviewed with two people in the audit department. Basic questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses. Additionally, asked questions regarding my resume. Also asked questions about what I thought of government and what I knew about the City. Lastly, asked me if I had any questions for them.

Interview Question – Not very difficult questions.   Answer Question

Police Officer Interview

Police Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 9 months - interviewed at City of Phoenix.

Interview Details – Very long and filters out the wrong applicants.

Economic Development Program Manager Interview

Economic Development Program Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at City of Phoenix in September 2013.

Interview Details – 10 formatted questions within 45 minutes with 4 member panel of current employees and H.R. representative. No interaction dialogue or feedback to questions from panel. Stayed true to scripted questions.

Interview Question – Although not a question, provide two most recent performance reviews from employer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at City of Phoenix in March 2009.

Interview Details – Basic safety scenarios and policies. Then math questions based on money. The next part was basically to ask about our background to determine whether we were a good fit. Because it was a summer job you get your second interview right away. same basic format but more indepth.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw a man walk into the girls bathroom after some girls just went in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non existent i wanted the job and it was my first chance to make money

Project Management Interview

Project Management
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at City of Phoenix in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process usually entails two panel interviews, and, depending on the position, a skills test. Interviews contains both relevant technical and behavioral questions. Most behavioral questions revolve around leadership, management, and conflict resolution.
As with any interview, your image is very important -- wear a suit, be punctual, and relax.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate on salary, but usually the offer process does not present that option. Candidates are hired at the low end of the position range. You must take the initiative and engage in negotiations prior to accepting the position. The worse that can happen is that they'll say no; at that point is up to you to accept or move on to the next opportunity.

Finance Interview

Finance
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at City of Phoenix in May 2008.

Interview Details – Two panel interviews over a three week process. Once position was accepted there was a background check and drug test.

Interview Question – Describe your knowlege, skills, and abilities and rate them as they relate to this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for City of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City of Phoenix interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by City of Phoenix employees and interview candidates.