City of Sacramento

www.cityofsacramento.org

City of Sacramento Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Sacramento

Program Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at City of Sacramento.

The city's hiring process can be slow at times and very old.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your plans for the first 180 days if you are hired!   Answer Question
    Can negotiate but limited in range because the current city manager only authorized to hire someone from each position's salary control point/mean.

Utilities Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at City of Sacramento in March 2012.

I received an email asking me to call for an interview. The interviewer was late, did not apologize, nor did he introduce himself right away. Two staff members interviewed me with scripted questions. I was told I would hear back within 24 hours but never heard anything. They were polite and friendly but seemed a bit scattered.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the City of Sacramento?   View Answer

Senior Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at City of Sacramento in April 2010.

There was a observation portion of how you interacted with the patients in the program, then after that there was a interview portion consisting of the supervisors of the different locations.

Interview Questions
    • How you would handle a patient that is in distressed and is confused about where they are and why they are here?   Answer Question

Administrative Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at City of Sacramento in March 2009.

The City of Sacramento required a skills test prior to the interview. The skills test was grueling and lasted several hours. Candidates ranked in the top three rankings were the only candidates who were "reachable" and able to interview. The Human Resources Department is very disorganized and took months to publish the list of "reachable" candidates. Once the interview took place; however, the panel of interviewers were very professional and bright.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was out of the question. Each position has a set salary.

Worked for City of Sacramento? Contribute to the Community!