City of Sacramento Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.7

Human Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

panel--two adults and one teen. Completed application on line; called in for an interview, had an interview and offered one of three jobs available at that time; office manager, Landscape and Lighting Coordinator for Summer Youth Programs; Human Services Coordinator for Workability Program.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in disciplining a staff member in a group setting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

phone call with an offer; there was no negotiation.

Duty Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who currently had the position. I submitted my resume via e-mail and was scheduled for an e-mail via e-mail. I met with the 3 main managers who asked me questions evenly between them. The interview was really easy. Basically they were stoked I had a college degree and had lived abroad. I honestly believe I got the position in large part bc I was the same ethnicity as one of the managers interviewing me and she was really interested in talking with me about that.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a confrontation either in the workplace of in another experience in your life   1 Answer

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at City of Sacramento.

Interview

The city's hiring process can be slow at times and very old.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your plans for the first 180 days if you are hired!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can negotiate but limited in range because the current city manager only authorized to hire someone from each position's salary control point/mean.

Utilities Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I received an email asking me to call for an interview. The interviewer was late, did not apologize, nor did he introduce himself right away. Two staff members interviewed me with scripted questions. I was told I would hear back within 24 hours but never heard anything. They were polite and friendly but seemed a bit scattered.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the City of Sacramento?   1 Answer

Senior Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

There was a observation portion of how you interacted with the patients in the program, then after that there was a interview portion consisting of the supervisors of the different locations.

Interview Questions

• How you would handle a patient that is in distressed and is confused about where they are and why they are here?   Answer Question

Administrative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at City of Sacramento in March 2009.

Interview

The City of Sacramento required a skills test prior to the interview. The skills test was grueling and lasted several hours. Candidates ranked in the top three rankings were the only candidates who were "reachable" and able to interview. The Human Resources Department is very disorganized and took months to publish the list of "reachable" candidates. Once the interview took place; however, the panel of interviewers were very professional and bright.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was out of the question. Each position has a set salary.