City of Salem Oregon Interview Questions

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Salem Oregon

Senior Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online – interviewed at City of Salem Oregon in May 2014.

I was contacted by the City of Salem for an interview in April 2001. We did a phone interview and I was invited for a second interview. I was employed by a staffing agency and worked for the City on a temporary basis. I saw a job opening and applied. I just happened to know Barbara Brown, a former employee of Ulven Forging which is where my husband works. Dave Hauser, the Chief Accountant spoke with my former supervisor from Mary F Brown EA and decided to make me a job offer. He was an excellent supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I was asked was who is your customer?   View Answer
    • How would you proceed to perform a duty you have never done before?   View Answer

Police Corporal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at City of Salem Oregon.

Very thorough application, written test (easy) followed by a interview. Interview was supposed to be geared for those without police experience, but clearly was not. Also the interview was clearly biased for those who lived in the area.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember, but the process has also changed dramatically in the last 10 years.   Answer Question
    None.

Police Officer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at City of Salem Oregon.

Not entirely sure of what the current process is, but there is a written (video based last time I saw) a oral interview with usually six questions that they hand to you on cards, a physical, followed by placement on a list. When your spot on the list comes up, a conditional offer is made with a background, medical, psych, etc. Oregon is a no polygraph for employment state, so there is no polygraph.

Interview Questions
    • Usually some scenarios are given, and despite what they say, having a basic knowledge of officer safety, use of force, etc helps.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.