City of Toronto

3.1

Librarian Interview

2 interviewers, friendly

Senior BI Architect Interview

I applied online – interviewed at City of Toronto.

They asked a lot of Architecture questions.There was a book in front of the table.We need to flip the pages of the book and then read the questions and then answer it.
    The questions were job related.There were couple of behavioural questions.
    The bad part was that in case you need any further detail on the questions they were not ready to celaborate the questions

Interview Questions
    • They were not ready to clear the questions which were not clear ...   Answer Question

Skating Instructor Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at City of Toronto in September 2014.

I went on the website and saw that they were hiring. After printing out the application forms, I filled them out and mailed them, yes snail mail. After a month, I got a call for an interview and a skate test.

Interview Questions:
    1) Name five tricks you can do on a circle
    2) What would you say when a parent accuses you of favoritism?
    3) How would you deal with a kid who keeps wandering of, or hen they're there, they're a distraction to others?
    4) There's a patch of melted ice, and a kid slips and falls on it. What do you do?
    5) Experience working with youth?
    6) A kid is too scared to go on the ice, what do you do?

Skate Test:

1) Forward and Backward One-foot glide
    2) Figure 8 forward and backwards crosscuts
    3) Skullies
    4) Power stop on both sides
    5) Three turn

Interview Questions
    • Most questions they give you are related to scenarios and not really you yourself.   Answer Question
    There wasn't really a negotiation phase. There's a set pay and stuff. I haven't gotten a schedule yet though.

Urban Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at City of Toronto in July 2014.

I applied online in early May. I heard back in early June that I had made it to the next round. This stage involved submitting a writing sample (max. 1,000 words/ 3 pages) on a specific issue that faces Toronto. Two weeks later I heard back and received a date for the interview. I interviewed in mid-July. Interview was a panel of 3 people and a total of four questions were asked. Additionally, a 5-10 minute presentation of my writing sample was required. Interview lasted 45 minutes- 1 hour.

Apparently, there are over 1000 applicants from the initial job posting and around 50 are interviewed for approximately 15 positions. (These numbers are not confirmed)

Interview Questions
    • The ombudsman of Toronto has seen a considerable increase in complaints filed against them. If you were a researcher looking into this problem how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Handy Worker Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at City of Toronto.

One interview with two people present, simple process

No negotiation

Education Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at City of Toronto.

Single Interview, about a week given to prepare - more than adequate amount of time. The questions began with how you describe yourself - the usual, tell us about yourself. The next several are all situation based questions, how you would react to a disruptive student, an angry parent, how you might accommodate for students. Proven examples on how you have worked independently and collaboratively are useful for many of these questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was surrounding strategies for behavioural management in an educational setting with approximately twenty students.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at City of Toronto in December 2013.

Applied for position over 6weeks ago, received very detailed email from HR recruiter inviting me to interview.
    Interview consisted of:

1. Pre assignment assignment
    2. Panel interview

Per assignment question was based of a real life scenario on what would you type of scenario.

Panel interview
    - typical behavioural question (9 questions in total)

The interviewees were typical government; no small talk, right down to business.

At the beginning of the interview instructions were given that you can take notes, however all notes were handed back at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Performance is import...describe a situation where you had someone who was under performing what was the situation and outcome   Answer Question

Special Needs Program Staff Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at City of Toronto.

Received a phone call after two weeks of applying for an interview. Interview was standard, with a written component at the end. Interviewers were kind, and friendly, and took place in an office.

Interview Questions
    • If a child went missing, how would you react in the situation   Answer Question

APTS Interview

Internal process, eligible for promotion after completing a parole period. Consisted of a written test based on the policies and procedures of the aquatics division and a graded interview with three supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a conflict between staff members?   Answer Question

Location

Works Plan Examiner/Inspector Interview

I applied online to a job application. Afterwards I was contacted and asked to come in for an interview at Metro Hall. I arrived and was quickly seen, and interviewed by two gentlemen. I was asked various situational questions with regards to what I would do/recommend when faced with instances in the workplace that I was applying for. All of which were very straightforward and were able to be answered with mainly common sense.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a member of the public confronted you in anger about the activities on one of your job sites?   Answer Question