CityGrid Media Interview Questions

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CityGrid Media.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview to qualify experience with monthly quotas. Did three subsequent interviews on site, and I was required to submit an email pitch to "close" on why I should be hired. Many of the questions were redundant dragging out a process that should have concluded much sooner than it did.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everyone gets the same 50K + Commission offer to my knowledge. Was briefed to not even try and negotiate based on the volume of candidates they attract.

Reseller Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CityGrid Media (West Hollywood, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Recruiting process was painfully easy, they could however be more honest about the current morale and business with prospective new hires. The interview process I found to be engaging, direct, and very much a two way street.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Come in with a number in mind and you just may get it. Be aggressive if really interested.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CityGrid Media (West Hollywood, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

General Case Interview:
    - Describe favorite product
    - What makes it great
    - Improvements
    - How to execute improvements

Methodology:
    - LeanStartup
    - Agile/Scrum (heavy scrum shop using Rally)

Technical/Architecture:
    - General cloud architecture knowledge
    - Basic ad serving technology stack

Negotiation

Compensation, Stock, Signing, Start Date, Parking

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

interviewed at CityGrid Media (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I knew one of the assistant managers that used to work at citygrid media. He called me and asked if I was interested in changing jobs. He explained what I would be doing and the commission structure involved. I sent over a resume and they called me in to an interview and I was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with pay per click advertising?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a good offer and I excepted

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CityGrid Media (West Hollywood, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

was referred by a friend and the company responded really fast since I had another offer already

Interview Questions

• How to fast process a large xml file? The file is so big that it can't be loaded into memory entirely   Answer Question

QA Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at CityGrid Media (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Technical Recruiter. It was a discussion about my resume. Then I had a skype interview with one of the engineers. He asked me if I knew any testing frameworks. Then discussed about a project that I had worked on. Then asked me the logic for finding 2nd largest element from an array. Asked about grep command.
    After that I had 4 interviews in their office. They asked a few questions related to testing. Given a sum and a number, find a number from the array such that this number and given number add up to the sum.
    I am still waiting for them to get back to me with a definite answer. I know they are not gonna hire me but I am in touch with the recruiters for an answer.

Interview Questions

• Given a sum and an array, find two numbers from the array that add up to the sum.   1 Answer

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CityGrid Media (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Technology interview, asked questions about algorithm and writing a few functions. Then there are questions about the contents on my resume. Also the interviewers talked a lot about the company and their projects. Nice people and great interview experience. I spoke with a total of four people and it took altogether one and a half hour.

Interview Questions

• Converting a recursive function to non-recursive version.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CityGrid Media (West Hollywood, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by their internal HR, and proceeded with a screening interview. Questions were mostly regarding my resume.

2nd interview was at the West Hollywood office with the direct supervisor, alongside a sales director. The questions were very targeted towards their specific market, so decent research on their product, positioning, and history will definitely be helpful. They want to know and prove you've done your homework.

Interview Questions

• In a cold-call scenario, describe how you would approach a prospect who has recently had negative experiences with local advertising.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CityGrid Media (Dallas, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Telephoned interview with a recruiter to see if their is any common interest or a match. Then a face to face with a sales manager. They do a complete interview cover everything about you as a salesperson. Do not explain enough about their opportunity. I know at least 10 people who have interviews and did not get hired. These people were #1 sales rep with the two biggest online advertising companies around yet did not get hired. I am not sure what Citygrid is looking for maybe a certain type of look or something, because its clearly not seasoned sales people. I would not recommend anyone to this company for an interview very snobbish!

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my company even after me sharing the situation   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for CityGrid   1 Answer

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CityGrid Media (West Hollywood, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process has been one of the best I've ever seen. Contact has been very easy. The company attracts great candidates so you can expect some competition. The response has been really quick.

Interview Questions

• I did not get a difficult or unexpected question but there has been a test on the phone that was actually nice.   Answer Question