Citysearch

www.Citysearch.com

Citysearch Interview Questions

2.7

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citysearch.

Initial phone screening with internal recruiter which lasted about 45-60 minutes. It was a typical questionnaire of how I would handle certain business situations. I also had 2 face to face interviews with my direct boss. These meetings were less formal. Had extensive phone interview with the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They were very expected. I was asked how I would handle certain business scenarios, why I wanted to work at the company and how I thought I could contribute to the company's success.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. The negotiation was done with the recruiter.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citysearch in June 2010.

First interview was over the phone for approximately 1 hour with an HR representative. She was very knowledgeable about the business and presented a very realistic picture of the opportunity. The second interview was 1:1 with a sales manager, followed by a 1:1 with the regional director. They both presented a realistic, tough picture of the position.

Interview Questions

Wrong fit. The position is HIGHLY stressful (per both managers), completely quota driven, almost all dialing for dollars...and without the trade off of high compensation potential or flexibility.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citysearch in January 2010.

The initial phone interview was very professional and positive. The HR person asked questions from a list and then asked some open ended questions about preferred management style, work strengths and weaknesses.

The one on one interview was a little haphazard but personable. There was a overall description of the position and the current situation in the office with an explanation of the goals and drive for 2010.

There are other candidates to interview prior to moving on to the next meeting with the VP and a possible presentation.

Interview Questions
    • At the conclusion of the one on one interview the hiring manager asked "Are there any other questions?" for a second time.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citysearch in December 2009.

- phone screen, general coding, recent project, (calling from one of the manager-level guy)
    - onsite interview (Interviewer: software engineer, release/architect manager, business-side project manager)
      -- recent project
      -- discuss related experience of internet ad
      -- design question and answer
      -- asking background knowledge about ad auction, ad ranking and pricing

Interview Questions
    • describe the ad auction and ad processing experience you have   Answer Question
    • describe probable approaches to handle listing match problem   Answer Question
    base salary within range 5%- 10%
    sponsor H1B transfer, the company lawyer finished the H1b application within 1 week
    support green card application after 1-year of employment

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citysearch in December 2009.

I really liked the organization and the people that worked there

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citysearch in November 2009.

Face to face interview. A sales position so make sure to have your numbers stariight in regards to targets and goals.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest achievement to date?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citysearch in July 2009.

I was contacted by Citysearch talent aquisition person by phone . Interview for set up . I was emailed application forms to fill out and bring with me to interview. Met with talent aquisition person for interview, which took aprox. 45 minutes. Was given a tour of office and was told that there is a 2 step hiring process,

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citysearch in January 2008.

Normal interview, nothing in detail. small questions on data structure, small logical problems, multiple choice question. Nothing in detail was asked. it lasted for about hour. I got offer letter in evening itself.

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citysearch in April 2010.

The interview was scheduled by their own recruiter. The recruiter is very good and she was responsive and communicated with me promptly for any new developments. Two gentlemen talked with me over the phone. We talked about 30 minutes and at the last they asked me if I had any questions. However, when I asked "how many people are in your office?", one replied "4 and half". I thought I heard it wrong and asked them to repeat, and "four and half" again came from the phone.
    I talked to the recruiter later and learned the interviewers and I were disconnected and I didn't show strong passions. My experiences on this phone interview were two folds:
    (1) Get to know the people who are to interview you better before the interview. Ask their titles and responsibilities from recruiters or HR. The more you know the better.
    (2) Alway show respect to people that you interview or who interview you. The two guys showed disrespect to me, which made all my respect to them gone forever. I don't mind people directly telling me during the interview that I am not a good fit, or I am not qualified, or more euphemistically he has to wrap up the interview earlier due to another meeting.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think your knowledge are not wide enough since you have worked at a company for 7 years?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citysearch in December 2009.

Great. professional. told i would make alot of $$$$