Claire's Stores

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – Asked about previous experience. Job length. Strengths/Weakness. Personality. Interview with store manager first, if they like you, they will pass you on to district manager for further interviews. Ask if you know what ADS, UPTs, mean to affect sales. Talk to you about the effective way to talk and sell to customers.

Interview Question – What I would bring to Claire's to better the store that may not already be there.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – Met Adam, had interview. Got offer 2 days later.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Was offered max pay.

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – First interview was in store and just asked what I enjoy doing and about school, promoted twice by doing tests.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you do if you have an ear piercing, people Are ready to cash out, you have a shoplifter and the phone is ringing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing. You get minimum and no set amount of hours.

Florence, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in December 2009.

Interview Details – Depends on the person interviewing. The store manager talked with me for 30 mins. Her assistant talked with me for almost an hour and asked real life situation questions, told me about the job and what they expect.... not the rehearsed question on paper that the store manger asked.

Interview Question – They were all pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat out no on the hourly increase, was told the regional manager would say no, store manager didn't even ask.

Very Easy Interview

Cleveland, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2009.

Interview Details – Already was a sales clerk, all they did was call corporate and they gave me the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Gave me what I wanted

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – dropped off a resume, filled out an application form and got called in for an interview. was pretty basic asked questions about if you have ever stolen and about good and bad customer service experiences... i was given an online test and after i passed it i had 2 more interviews with the store and district managers..

Interview Question – how would you motivate staff to meet their sales goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – make sure you let them know what salary you would like and be confident even if you don't feel it

Interviewed at Claire's Stores

Interview Details – Contacted a couple of weeks after I applied. Typical questions asked and it was pretty informal. Know what the company sells and their target market. Called for an interview with the district manager and was offered the job the next day. You have to pass an online survey as well.

Interview Question – Have you ever been with a friend who shoplifted and if so what did you do?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager

Interview Details – I was hired as a 3rd Key. The interview was very standard retail interview. Asked a lot about customer service and your experience with it. They ask about past experience with sales goals, visual merchandising, motivating staff, and loss prevention. Multitasking is very important so be sure to give examples of how you are good at that.

Interview Question – "What should happen to an employee if he/she is caught stealing?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was in need of a job so I accepted what they gave me. District manager is the one to make the call so you can't really negotiate.

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who was already working for the company. She was clear that I was to dress in a "fashion-savvy" way, seeings I was to be in an environment where I was to give or suggest that sort of help. The first interview was relaxed. The interviewer was really nice and made the interview feel more like a conversation than a question/answer session. I believe they were looking for someone who had good people skills and would be able to approach the customers and staff easily and that is why the interview was conducted in such a manner. Immediately after the interview I had to do an online skills/behavior survey and it was about 1 week later that I got a call to schedule the second interview. The second interview was a bit more traditional as this time it was conducted by the District Manager rather than the store manager, but it was still more conversational. After the interview was completed the job was offered immediately.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever bent a rule or found a way around a policy at work, how and why?   View Answer
  • How do you prioritize in your personal life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary by .50 cents an hour. This was because the way the conversation went the salary wasn't directly brought up, it wasn't until the signing of various pages of paperwork that I saw the salary and asked frankly for a little more, this was because I was making a parallel salary change, which was fine because I could make it on that salary but I thought here is a chance try, so I did!

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2010.

Interview Details – Average for a retail store

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!