Claire's Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

The interview is very easy and straight to the point. Most of it was the manager explaining the position and required responsibilities. Since I had previously worked for the company when I was in high school, the manager just asked me about the store I worked for. I was asked about the store size, the average daily sales, store volume, and if I had pierced ears.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem piercing ears? Piercing is required for all Claire's positions, full time, part time, sales associates to district managers.   Answer Question
  • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Asked about previous experience. Job length. Strengths/Weakness. Personality. Interview with store manager first, if they like you, they will pass you on to district manager for further interviews. Ask if you know what ADS, UPTs, mean to affect sales. Talk to you about the effective way to talk and sell to customers.

Interview Questions

• What I would bring to Claire's to better the store that may not already be there.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Met Adam, had interview. Got offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Was offered max pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

First interview was in store and just asked what I enjoy doing and about school, promoted twice by doing tests.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you do if you have an ear piercing, people Are ready to cash out, you have a shoplifter and the phone is ringing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. You get minimum and no set amount of hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Florence, AL) in December 2009.

Interview

Depends on the person interviewing. The store manager talked with me for 30 mins. Her assistant talked with me for almost an hour and asked real life situation questions, told me about the job and what they expect.... not the rehearsed question on paper that the store manger asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flat out no on the hourly increase, was told the regional manager would say no, store manager didn't even ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Cleveland, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

Already was a sales clerk, all they did was call corporate and they gave me the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave me what I wanted

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

dropped off a resume, filled out an application form and got called in for an interview. was pretty basic asked questions about if you have ever stolen and about good and bad customer service experiences... i was given an online test and after i passed it i had 2 more interviews with the store and district managers..

Interview Questions

• how would you motivate staff to meet their sales goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

make sure you let them know what salary you would like and be confident even if you don't feel it

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Contacted a couple of weeks after I applied. Typical questions asked and it was pretty informal. Know what the company sells and their target market. Called for an interview with the district manager and was offered the job the next day. You have to pass an online survey as well.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been with a friend who shoplifted and if so what did you do?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

I was hired as a 3rd Key. The interview was very standard retail interview. Asked a lot about customer service and your experience with it. They ask about past experience with sales goals, visual merchandising, motivating staff, and loss prevention. Multitasking is very important so be sure to give examples of how you are good at that.

Interview Questions

• "What should happen to an employee if he/she is caught stealing?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was in need of a job so I accepted what they gave me. District manager is the one to make the call so you can't really negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in September 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was already working for the company. She was clear that I was to dress in a "fashion-savvy" way, seeings I was to be in an environment where I was to give or suggest that sort of help. The first interview was relaxed. The interviewer was really nice and made the interview feel more like a conversation than a question/answer session. I believe they were looking for someone who had good people skills and would be able to approach the customers and staff easily and that is why the interview was conducted in such a manner. Immediately after the interview I had to do an online skills/behavior survey and it was about 1 week later that I got a call to schedule the second interview. The second interview was a bit more traditional as this time it was conducted by the District Manager rather than the store manager, but it was still more conversational. After the interview was completed the job was offered immediately.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever bent a rule or found a way around a policy at work, how and why?   1 Answer
    • How do you prioritize in your personal life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary by .50 cents an hour. This was because the way the conversation went the salary wasn't directly brought up, it wasn't until the signing of various pages of paperwork that I saw the salary and asked frankly for a little more, this was because I was making a parallel salary change, which was fine because I could make it on that salary but I thought here is a chance try, so I did!