Claire's Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2014

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in April 2010.

I walked into Claires, asking if the were hiring for management and the store manager told me she was looking for an assistant manager. She then set me up with an interview, and told me to fill out the application and bring it back the day of the interview (3 days later). When I arrived for the interview, the DM was there and decided to sit in. They both asked me many questions and the store manger wrote down my answers on a 3 page paper. After the interview, she told me she would get back to me and I then received a call about 2 weeks later offering me an assistant manager for very little pay.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time in your previous jobs, did you have to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

It was too low of pay for all the responsibility.

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2008.

The interview went well. The District Manager filled me in on the District. He told me plenty about the company. He made jokes and was easy to talk to. He asked me lots of questions. It was more like a conversation than an interview!!

Interview Questions
    Easy but it took time for the position to open up.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2010.

Average for a retail store

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in September 2011.

I was referred by a friend who was already working for the company. She was clear that I was to dress in a "fashion-savvy" way, seeings I was to be in an environment where I was to give or suggest that sort of help. The first interview was relaxed. The interviewer was really nice and made the interview feel more like a conversation than a question/answer session. I believe they were looking for someone who had good people skills and would be able to approach the customers and staff easily and that is why the interview was conducted in such a manner. Immediately after the interview I had to do an online skills/behavior survey and it was about 1 week later that I got a call to schedule the second interview. The second interview was a bit more traditional as this time it was conducted by the District Manager rather than the store manager, but it was still more conversational. After the interview was completed the job was offered immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever bent a rule or found a way around a policy at work, how and why?   View Answer
    • How do you prioritize in your personal life?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate the salary by .50 cents an hour. This was because the way the conversation went the salary wasn't directly brought up, it wasn't until the signing of various pages of paperwork that I saw the salary and asked frankly for a little more, this was because I was making a parallel salary change, which was fine because I could make it on that salary but I thought here is a chance try, so I did!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in December 2009.

Depends on the person interviewing. The store manager talked with me for 30 mins. Her assistant talked with me for almost an hour and asked real life situation questions, told me about the job and what they expect.... not the rehearsed question on paper that the store manger asked.

Interview Questions
    Flat out no on the hourly increase, was told the regional manager would say no, store manager didn't even ask.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

dropped off a resume, filled out an application form and got called in for an interview. was pretty basic asked questions about if you have ever stolen and about good and bad customer service experiences... i was given an online test and after i passed it i had 2 more interviews with the store and district managers..

Interview Questions
    • how would you motivate staff to meet their sales goals?   Answer Question
    make sure you let them know what salary you would like and be confident even if you don't feel it

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Met Adam, had interview. Got offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    None. Was offered max pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Asked about previous experience. Job length. Strengths/Weakness. Personality. Interview with store manager first, if they like you, they will pass you on to district manager for further interviews. Ask if you know what ADS, UPTs, mean to affect sales. Talk to you about the effective way to talk and sell to customers.

Interview Questions
    • What I would bring to Claire's to better the store that may not already be there.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

First interview was in store and just asked what I enjoy doing and about school, promoted twice by doing tests.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you do if you have an ear piercing, people Are ready to cash out, you have a shoplifter and the phone is ringing?   View Answer
    Nothing. You get minimum and no set amount of hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2009.

Already was a sales clerk, all they did was call corporate and they gave me the position

Gave me what I wanted