Claire's Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Contacted a couple of weeks after I applied. Typical questions asked and it was pretty informal. Know what the company sells and their target market. Called for an interview with the district manager and was offered the job the next day. You have to pass an online survey as well.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been with a friend who shoplifted and if so what did you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

I was hired as a 3rd Key. The interview was very standard retail interview. Asked a lot about customer service and your experience with it. They ask about past experience with sales goals, visual merchandising, motivating staff, and loss prevention. Multitasking is very important so be sure to give examples of how you are good at that.

Interview Questions

• "What should happen to an employee if he/she is caught stealing?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was in need of a job so I accepted what they gave me. District manager is the one to make the call so you can't really negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Cleveland, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

Already was a sales clerk, all they did was call corporate and they gave me the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave me what I wanted

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2010.

Interview

It was very laid back - I felt relaxed and comfortable throughout.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation needed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

The interview is very easy and straight to the point. Most of it was the manager explaining the position and required responsibilities. Since I had previously worked for the company when I was in high school, the manager just asked me about the store I worked for. I was asked about the store size, the average daily sales, store volume, and if I had pierced ears.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem piercing ears? Piercing is required for all Claire's positions, full time, part time, sales associates to district managers.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

First interview was in store and just asked what I enjoy doing and about school, promoted twice by doing tests.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you do if you have an ear piercing, people Are ready to cash out, you have a shoplifter and the phone is ringing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. You get minimum and no set amount of hours.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Met Adam, had interview. Got offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Was offered max pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Asked about previous experience. Job length. Strengths/Weakness. Personality. Interview with store manager first, if they like you, they will pass you on to district manager for further interviews. Ask if you know what ADS, UPTs, mean to affect sales. Talk to you about the effective way to talk and sell to customers.

Interview Questions

• What I would bring to Claire's to better the store that may not already be there.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2008.

Interview

The interview went well. The District Manager filled me in on the District. He told me plenty about the company. He made jokes and was easy to talk to. He asked me lots of questions. It was more like a conversation than an interview!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy but it took time for the position to open up.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2010.

Interview

Average for a retail store

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation