Claire's Stores

Claire's Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Average time for hire

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Took DSM 3wks to decide to hire me even with the experience I had! That should have told me something!!

BAD!!! Manager made me think I would get a lot more which of course I didn't

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2013.

Applied online through monster and had an interview the next week. Met with the district manager and assistant manager. When arriving had to wait over twenty minutes in the store while the district manager came back to lunch. At the interview the district manager had the assistant store conduct the interview through a packet which she stumbled through. After reviewing my resume the district manager offered me an assistant manager position for a store over 40 miles away...stating that I was unqualifed to be a store manager and that with hard work and customer service I could work my way up to store manager in a year or so.

Interview Questions

40 miles away and was for a position lower than what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2011.

it was ok went pretty quick and got offered the job very quickly

Interview Questions
    No negotiation whats so ever....its like those words are not in there vocabulary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2011.

Hiring Process:
    - If you have past management experience, then you'll be considered. If you are a good 3rd key holder, you might get a promotion

Interview:
    Basic questions like -- "Describe a situation where you had a rude customer and how did you resolve that? or " Tell me a time where you went beyond to get the job done"

Interview Questions
    • Depends on the interviewer. I got asked " Do you go to clubs a lot or go partying every weekends?" It's just funny but I totally get it.. She explained that because if ever I am scheduled to open on a saturday or sunday morning, (w/c they usually do for asst mngr positions), then I can't call in often or go to work w/ a hangover   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Honestly, how that does even work on retail positions? If you got the job, that's the only time you know how much you're getting, so you can't really just quit if its too low or something.. right?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2010.

As with all jobs, walk in and grab an application, fill it out and hand it directly to the Store Manager and make sure you leave an impression. Call back frequently asking if they looked over your application. When you're called in for an interview, make sure you dress nicely and wear lots of accessories because it is Claire's you're applying for. Be honest with all your answers and try not to be nervous.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are rather easy and nothing too over the top. As stated above, be honest and real.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation when it comes to pay, they tell you how it is, and you gladly accept or decline.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in September 2010.

I applied via e-mail.
    We met inside a mall location.
    The interview went very well, but it was a little hard for me to concentrate at times because of the mall traffic (I have ADHD). Anyways, the district manager was super nice. We had a very long conversation, but we could both tell it was going well.
    I had a lot of experience and answered all the questions easily.
    Most of the questions were typical, there wasn't any that stick out. It wasn't that tough, either.
    Later, she did comment on my necklace, so I wouldsay to dress stylish (but 'clean') and wear some classy and fashionable jewelery that suits you and your outfit.

Interview Questions

I was offered 2 positions, but neither were enough money for what I would have to travel or relocate.