Claire's Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.3

Third Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2015.

Interview

First I interviewed with the assistant manager at the front counter, and she asked me some general personality questions. She also asked me about different scenarios, and asked me to greet and help someone in the store. While interviewing, she checked people out at the cash register, and also answered the phone. About 20 minutes into my interview the manager came into the store, and decided to talk to me as well. We left the store and walked around another store close by as she asked me similar questions the assistant manager had. Somewhat awkward experience...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Norridge, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with the store manager, they went over my references pretty steady hiring pace. Kind of took a while to hear back. I was applying at Icing but then they sent my application to Claire's, so I had two different interviews with both store managers.

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

The interview is very easy and straight to the point. Most of it was the manager explaining the position and required responsibilities. Since I had previously worked for the company when I was in high school, the manager just asked me about the store I worked for. I was asked about the store size, the average daily sales, store volume, and if I had pierced ears.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem piercing ears? Piercing is required for all Claire's positions, full time, part time, sales associates to district managers.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

It was a group interview with 2 managers. The interview process took an hour and a half. One manager asked questions while the other took notes. It was in the mall food court and very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you handled a difficult customer or coworker.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Networking with other District Managers, first interview with DSM, then RSM, then TVP, and finally an interview with Director of Stores. There are a couple of skill assessment tests along with an integrity test. The final test is a series of situations which can and will arise in the field.

Interview Questions

• What skills set you apart from your peers making you successful?   Answer Question

Third Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

The interview process is very typical and simple. If you've ever been hired for a part-time or retail position then you'll pass with flying colors. They ask you simple questions about theft (internal and external), customer service, and sales.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was the store. The manager there was nice and straight forward. she does to make sure your jobs are accurate so don't BS. She asks questions about you. do you go to school? You have a open avalibility and etc.

Third Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

I walked into the store and asked the manager if they were currently hiring. She asked me a little about my past work experiences and if I had ever worked retail, which I have. She then gave me an application and told me to bring it in by 5pm that day. I went to the food court and filled the application out completely, brought it back to her. She glanced over it and asked if I could come in for an interview two days later. I said sure! When I got to the interview I was interviewed by the DM and the Assistant Manager, they were both pretty great people. They asked scenario questions, a lot of questions about how I feel comfortable being in the store alone, and how I would sale to different age groups. A few days later they called and offered me the Third Keyholder/manager type position.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult because I've worked in retail before.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Submitted an online application with resume. Emailed district manager. Was called a few days later for an interview. Had an in person interview with the district manager and then she gave me a personality test to take online and then after that I second interview with the regional manager. Overall process was fairly smooth, but semi unorganized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in September 2014.

Interview

I was extremely nervous because this was my first time ever applying to a job. I'm 16 and didn't think they'd hire me due to my lack of experience; however they hired me pretty quickly! I walked into the store to ask for an application and filled it out then returned it within a 15 minute time span. On my way home I got a call from the assistant manager wanting to set up an interview- which ended up being 3 days later. I didn't know what to expect at the interview but I got anxious over nothing! It was a very simple interview, and I felt extremely comfortable answering the questions with the manager- mainly because she turned my answers into conversation, but also because we were in a common area in the mall so it was a comfortable, relaxed environment. The questions were pretty easy and normally I'm slow at coming up with replies but they came naturally during the interview. The next day I got a call telling me that I got the job. Overall, an extremely positive experience!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having a customer at the piercing station, on the phone, and at the register?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with documentation?   Answer Question
    • When is a time that you helped someone out and proved to be a leader?   Answer Question
    • What it the most complicated project you've ever had and how did you approach it?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about piercing ears?   Answer Question
    • How would you define customer service?   Answer Question