Claire's Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.2

Third Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2015.

Interview

First I interviewed with the assistant manager at the front counter, and she asked me some general personality questions. She also asked me about different scenarios, and asked me to greet and help someone in the store. While interviewing, she checked people out at the cash register, and also answered the phone. About 20 minutes into my interview the manager came into the store, and decided to talk to me as well. We left the store and walked around another store close by as she asked me similar questions the assistant manager had. Somewhat awkward experience...

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Bristol, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had the interview in the mall food court. The initial interview went well and I was told I would hear back after a few days, over a month later I got a letter saying though I was qualified they wouldn't be offering me a job.

Anonymous Employee in Norridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Norridge, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with the store manager, they went over my references pretty steady hiring pace. Kind of took a while to hear back. I was applying at Icing but then they sent my application to Claire's, so I had two different interviews with both store managers.

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Brookfield, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

You apply in-store. They call you if interested. You come in for an interview with the store manager. Then if that goes smoothly you get a second interview with the district manager.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

The interview is very easy and straight to the point. Most of it was the manager explaining the position and required responsibilities. Since I had previously worked for the company when I was in high school, the manager just asked me about the store I worked for. I was asked about the store size, the average daily sales, store volume, and if I had pierced ears.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem piercing ears? Piercing is required for all Claire's positions, full time, part time, sales associates to district managers.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

It was a group interview with 2 managers. The interview process took an hour and a half. One manager asked questions while the other took notes. It was in the mall food court and very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you handled a difficult customer or coworker.   Answer Question

Interview

Networking with other District Managers, first interview with DSM, then RSM, then TVP, and finally an interview with Director of Stores. There are a couple of skill assessment tests along with an integrity test. The final test is a series of situations which can and will arise in the field.

Interview Questions

• What skills set you apart from your peers making you successful?   Answer Question

Third Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

The interview process is very typical and simple. If you've ever been hired for a part-time or retail position then you'll pass with flying colors. They ask you simple questions about theft (internal and external), customer service, and sales.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied inside, brought my own pen and dressed cute. They set up an interview that day. The turnover rate is high and they seemed desperate to get a new employee.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was the store. The manager there was nice and straight forward. she does to make sure your jobs are accurate so don't BS. She asks questions about you. do you go to school? You have a open avalibility and etc.