Claire's Stores

84 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Third Key Holder Interview

Third Key Holder

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details – I dropped off an application, they called me a week later and asked me to come in for an interview. The interview with the store manager was pretty simple, she asked some questions but she spent most of the time talking and telling me about the job. At the end of the interview she offered me the position if the district manager approved. So a couple days later I had an interview with the dm, the questions were a little more difficult and mostly behavioral, but still pretty easy.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Part Time Manager Interview

Part Time Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – I applied for Icing's, the sister store of Claire's and they asked for an interview a month later. I didn't hear back from them for another two-three months asking for a follow up interview. Still I did not get an offer. After completely forgetting about the chance of getting the job, Claire's called me saying that Icing's sent them my application and wanting to meet with me. The manager explained how Icing's liked me but said I would be a better fit at Claire's. The manager offered me a part time manager position instead of the sales associate.

Interview Question – How would you stop a shop lifter?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details – I walked in on a Monday with a resume & cover letter. My brother was getting his ear pierced & it was just us & the store manager. He mentioned to her that I was job hunting & so the manager asked me if I wanted an application. She also asked a few genereal questions such as, "How's your availability? Have you had any work experience?" Basic stuff like that. I got an app & then turned it in about 15 minutes later. I turned it in along with my resume & cover letter.

Later that day, I got a call to set up an interview the following Wednesday. Wednesday came around & I met with the District Manager. She asked me about myself, why I didn't have any prior work experience, why I want to work at Claire's, and how I felt about ear piercing. She also mentioned that there is a dress code, which is basically each employee has to wear at least five accessories to display the products. She asked how I felt about being a store manager, but I answered with how since I had no prior work experience, I would prefer to start out with sales associate & then when I'm comfortable, become a manager. She liked my honesty. Afterwards, she said they'll call no later than Monday.

Friday afternoon comes & I get a call from the store manager saying I got the job! So yeah c:

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Third Key Holder Interview

Third Key Holder
Deer Park, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2013.

Interview Details – Apps are in person only. My first interview was with the store manager which went fairly well. Since I was inexperienced in management she needed approval from the DM. He was on vacation at the time so another store manager interviewed me. She did not like me (inexperience) but my manager pushed to have the DM interview me.
They ask pretty much all the same questions and have a sheet in front of them.

Interview Question – What do you like from a retail experience (as a customer)
and
What have you done when a coworker was dishonest.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. I asked for 10/hr but since it is a tiny store and im inexperienced they could only do 9/hr.

Third Key, Sales Associate Interview

Third Key, Sales Associate
Port St Lucie, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details – My friend and I walked into the store & asked if they were hiring the a manager was at the desk at the time and replied yes and gave us a both paper applications. I turned mine in a few days later to a sales associate and brought my friend back a week later to turn in hers, she turned hers into the manager that gave us the application and on the spot asked her if she would be open to do a interview the following day I also spoke with her and she set up a interview with me as well the following day. We came in the following day and 6 girls were standing around two managers and they were "sucking up". After she finished with them she came to us and I was in a group with 4 other girls and she asked some general questions, then started telling us about how we would must meet their quota standards. She was also very demanding and a little bit on the snarky side. The process took about 30-45 minutes and at at the end of it we were told we would receive a call back within 5 days regardless if we got the job or not. I never received a call neither did my friend nevertheless, we didn't get the job.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were told you needed to reach a daily quota of $5,000   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – Very easy. General retail experience questions, "what-if" questions, questions about past employment and what you liked and didnt like. Keep positive and peppy and you will be fine. First few days are learning register and general company know-how. Everyone will have to learn to do ear piercings though even if you are under 18, so be prepared for that.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had someone on the phone, an ear piercing, and a customer at the checkout and you are alone?   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – I turned in my application on June 23rd, got a call later on in the day to schedule a interview the next day. The hiring manager was very friendly and made me comfortable. The interview process was a breeze and the questions were typical interview questions such as the starter "tell me about yourself." Overall it was a great experience !!!

Interview Question – What would you do if you are alone, have someone at piercing station, someone at the counter and the phone is ringing?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call back from HR, they set me up to meet with a district manager. We met in the food court and it was a little distracting. Very casual talk. She called later that day and I started 2 days later. later on this guy called

Interview Question – Be prepared to talk sales.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – You send in your application or resume, the district manager will phone interview, then in person interview you (sometimes you will also interview with another store manager) and you will interview either on the phone or in person with the regional sales manager.

Interview Question – How do you plan out your day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Start high, they want to pay you the least amount they feel possible.

Third Key Interview

Third Key
Sevierville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in April 2011.

Interview Details – First, when I went to the store to ask if they were hiring, I was handed a small application on a little card (kind of like an interest card which I later found out some managers give out to just the people they don't really think fit the position available- not always the case, though) I was called maybe a day or two later by the store manager to set up an interview. Very basic everyday questions- Tell me about a time, why Claire's?, etc. (Although, when I was part of interviews in the future with the company, we had the applicant go in the store with a basket and pick out some matching accessories for an outfit that they would wear). Next, I was told to go home & do an online application/questionnaire and to call back when finished. (What happens here is you fill it out & when finished the manager/asm will call an automated hotline, which will then tell the manager if the applicant was 1) not recommended for the position 2) needs further review or 3) recommended for the position. 1- They can't hire you. 2- (I'm assuming this is what I got) They need approval of the DM or 3- They can go ahead and hire you. Because of the nature of my results, I received a phone interview with the District Manager. She asked me a lot of questions that were asked in the first interview, plus a lot of why Claire's? Do you see yourself as a fashion forward individual? What's a trend that you like? And then told me all the perks of the job - and what could happen if I went full time. She asked if I could see myself working with Claire's. It was literally the least stressful phone interview I've ever had. Next thing, the store manager called back with my schedule!

Interview Question – There really weren't any!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was only my second job ever. Definitely try to negotiate your pay and amount of hours/days you will be able to work weekly.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!