Claire's Stores

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in April 2010.

I walked into Claires, asking if the were hiring for management and the store manager told me she was looking for an assistant manager. She then set me up with an interview, and told me to fill out the application and bring it back the day of the interview (3 days later). When I arrived for the interview, the DM was there and decided to sit in. They both asked me many questions and the store manger wrote down my answers on a 3 page paper. After the interview, she told me she would get back to me and I then received a call about 2 weeks later offering me an assistant manager for very little pay.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time in your previous jobs, did you have to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

It was too low of pay for all the responsibility.

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2010.

I was called by the store manager for an in-person interview. It was your typical behavior type questions plus a lot about customer service experience. Then they made me take this online assessment which seemed never ending. Stupid thing ever, it was all about personality. They never called me so I called to make sure they received it and it turned out they didn't so I had to fill out that hour-long online survey AGAIN. Then the district manager wanted a further interview with me, but I declined that interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

I was offered another retail job and I read about how much that position sucks. I was also angry that they put me through all that work of interviews for just a low paying part time job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in September 2010.

I applied online and was contacted by the acting DM who was visiting from another region. After a 2 hour online skills test I was scheduled a phone interview with the RM. We spoke for about a half and hour and a week later I was offered the position.

Payroll Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2008.

one on one interview with the department director and the department manager. Showed me the office, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you encounter a situation or a problem and you don't know how to handle?   Answer Question

The pay was too little.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northville, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2010.

I walked into the store and filled out an application in person, then scheduled an interview when I handed it in. Interviewed with the Assistant Manager, who read questions from a sheet and wrote down my answers. She spoke very little, which in turn made me feel like I was talking too much. I interviewed poorly and was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your favorite/least favorite past employer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you gave/received excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2008.

The interview went well. The District Manager filled me in on the District. He told me plenty about the company. He made jokes and was easy to talk to. He asked me lots of questions. It was more like a conversation than an interview!!

Interview Questions
    Easy but it took time for the position to open up.

Key Holder/PT Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in January 2009.

Asked basic questions about previous work history & future within a company (as it likes to promote from within), also asked who my fashion icons are and what my personal style is like, asked why I'd like to work for the company and what I can do as member of the Claire's staff team.

No negotiation

Store Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in December 2009.

Be prepared to answer why you want to work at claire's, average sales in last position, how to deter theft (both internal and external), as a ssm canadate you interview with the dm and the rm. The onboarding process is a little lenghthy and u train in another store for a week and it is not neccasarily a store with simalar volume to the one u will have.

Interview Questions
    There really isnt one the pay is based on the volume of the store you work in

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2009.

I really didn't have a great experience. I had to reschedule the interview due to a family emergency, and it just seemed like the manager attacked me for it. She made HAD to make sure that I knew she hadn't called out once in the 3+ years she had been working there. She talked the entire time and never let me get a word in edgewise. As for interview candidates, this may have just been one experience for me. Claires may not really be like this, but make sure that you tell them you have no tolerance for stealing when they ask.

Interview Questions
    • What's your take on employees stealing from the company?   View Answer

I declined because the manager seemed crazy, and I accepted a job somewhere else at a slightly higher pay.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in April 2010.

Phone interview was set up within a week or two of applying. The questions were very brief and then she told me about the position. The interviewer was very nice, and she was new to the company. All in all, I believe the position was a step down from what I am currently doing, so I was not offered a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • This position is highly administrative and less involved than your current position, why are you interested?   Answer Question