Claire's Stores Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
84 interviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Very easy. General retail experience questions, "what-if" questions, questions about past employment and what you liked and didnt like. Keep positive and peppy and you will be fine. First few days are learning register and general company know-how. Everyone will have to learn to do ear piercings though even if you are under 18, so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had someone on the phone, an ear piercing, and a customer at the checkout and you are alone?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Depending on who your supervisor is, the interview process is pretty quick and painless.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, simple offer and acceptance.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Talked to the Manager when I handed in my application and scheduled an interview a week later. It was rather short. Asked basic questions about past work experiences, etc. Was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you've ever made at work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, gave me the pay and hours, and I was given the option to accept or decline.

Sales Associate Interview

One interview with the manager. Just questions about your skills and experience. Mainly what you would be able to do. May ask one or two senario based questions.

Interview Questions
    Not really negotiated. just told.

Store Manager Interview

I was recruited by a store manager. Soon after I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview was more like a casual conversation. She had no paper in front of her that she was making notes on. Although after working at the company now for 7 years, the interview process depends on who you get interviewed by. I think most follow a template.

Interview Questions
    I think they knew what I was making at that time because they had employees that used to work where I was, so they made me a significant offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Contacted a couple of weeks after I applied. Typical questions asked and it was pretty informal. Know what the company sells and their target market. Called for an interview with the district manager and was offered the job the next day. You have to pass an online survey as well.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been with a friend who shoplifted and if so what did you do?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2011.

Hiring Process:
    - If you have past management experience, then you'll be considered. If you are a good 3rd key holder, you might get a promotion

Interview:
    Basic questions like -- "Describe a situation where you had a rude customer and how did you resolve that? or " Tell me a time where you went beyond to get the job done"

Interview Questions
    • Depends on the interviewer. I got asked " Do you go to clubs a lot or go partying every weekends?" It's just funny but I totally get it.. She explained that because if ever I am scheduled to open on a saturday or sunday morning, (w/c they usually do for asst mngr positions), then I can't call in often or go to work w/ a hangover   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Honestly, how that does even work on retail positions? If you got the job, that's the only time you know how much you're getting, so you can't really just quit if its too low or something.. right?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2010.

a regular retail interview

none

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

I was hired as a 3rd Key. The interview was very standard retail interview. Asked a lot about customer service and your experience with it. They ask about past experience with sales goals, visual merchandising, motivating staff, and loss prevention. Multitasking is very important so be sure to give examples of how you are good at that.

Interview Questions
    • "What should happen to an employee if he/she is caught stealing?"   View Answer
    I was in need of a job so I accepted what they gave me. District manager is the one to make the call so you can't really negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2012.

I applied online and got a call back from HR, they set me up to meet with a district manager. We met in the food court and it was a little distracting. Very casual talk. She called later that day and I started 2 days later. later on this guy called

No negotiations

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!