Claire's Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

One interview with the manager. Just questions about your skills and experience. Mainly what you would be able to do. May ask one or two senario based questions.

Interview Questions
    Not really negotiated. just told.

Store Manager Interview

I was recruited by a store manager. Soon after I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview was more like a casual conversation. She had no paper in front of her that she was making notes on. Although after working at the company now for 7 years, the interview process depends on who you get interviewed by. I think most follow a template.

Interview Questions
    I think they knew what I was making at that time because they had employees that used to work where I was, so they made me a significant offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Contacted a couple of weeks after I applied. Typical questions asked and it was pretty informal. Know what the company sells and their target market. Called for an interview with the district manager and was offered the job the next day. You have to pass an online survey as well.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been with a friend who shoplifted and if so what did you do?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Talked to the Manager when I handed in my application and scheduled an interview a week later. It was rather short. Asked basic questions about past work experiences, etc. Was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you've ever made at work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, gave me the pay and hours, and I was given the option to accept or decline.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Depending on who your supervisor is, the interview process is pretty quick and painless.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, simple offer and acceptance.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Very easy. General retail experience questions, "what-if" questions, questions about past employment and what you liked and didnt like. Keep positive and peppy and you will be fine. First few days are learning register and general company know-how. Everyone will have to learn to do ear piercings though even if you are under 18, so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had someone on the phone, an ear piercing, and a customer at the checkout and you are alone?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Took one interview and one reference and hired

No negotiation

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Muskogee, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskogee, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2011.

The process was extremely fast and easy. The manager was really friendly and made me feel extremley comfortable the whole time. She asked a bunch of questions that dealt with my personality, strengths, and weakness and were I would feel most comfortable being positioned.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult at all especially if you have worked in retail before and just focuses on your past experiences with other employers   Answer Question

Third Key Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2012.

I walked in to ask for an application. She told me to fill it out and come back. Manager interviewed me 5 minutes later. We stood outside the store and she asked about shoplifting and working and my availability. The interview took about 15 minutes. She then called my references and called me 30 minutes later to say I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • If your friend was in the store and they shoplifted, what would you do?   Answer Question
    None

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2012.

Why Claires?

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult customer experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!