Claire's Stores

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.2

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

The interview process is very typical and simple. If you've ever been hired for a part-time or retail position then you'll pass with flying colors. They ask you simple questions about theft (internal and external), customer service, and sales.

Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in January 2010.

first i had an interview with the manager she liked me met with DM got offered job a day later. I started right away with training. the manager was fun the Dm was a pain . There was no background check or anything like to that i recall

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2014.

The interview was the store. The manager there was nice and straight forward. she does to make sure your jobs are accurate so don't BS. She asks questions about you. do you go to school? You have a open avalibility and etc.

Third Key/Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2010.

I was contacted same-day for an interview. I went back the following morning, and interviewed with the manager. She was very honest and open about the working environment/expectations, and very friendly. Interview process took a grand total of about 45 minutes, and she asked a lot about my former work experience, in detail. (Who was your manager as a person? What were the store expectations?) Overall a great interview, and she was very thorough.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with a difficult customer? (You will have a lot of those, some come up with a creative answer!)   Answer Question
    We negotiated over a day. It was pretty simple, and she actually got me more than I had originally stated because I think I was firm, but patient.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in September 2014.

I was extremely nervous because this was my first time ever applying to a job. I'm 16 and didn't think they'd hire me due to my lack of experience; however they hired me pretty quickly! I walked into the store to ask for an application and filled it out then returned it within a 15 minute time span. On my way home I got a call from the assistant manager wanting to set up an interview- which ended up being 3 days later. I didn't know what to expect at the interview but I got anxious over nothing! It was a very simple interview, and I felt extremely comfortable answering the questions with the manager- mainly because she turned my answers into conversation, but also because we were in a common area in the mall so it was a comfortable, relaxed environment. The questions were pretty easy and normally I'm slow at coming up with replies but they came naturally during the interview. The next day I got a call telling me that I got the job. Overall, an extremely positive experience!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle having a customer at the piercing station, on the phone, and at the register?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with documentation?   Answer Question
    • When is a time that you helped someone out and proved to be a leader?   Answer Question
    • What it the most complicated project you've ever had and how did you approach it?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about piercing ears?   Answer Question
    • How would you define customer service?   Answer Question

Third Keyholder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

I walked into the store and asked the manager if they were currently hiring. She asked me a little about my past work experiences and if I had ever worked retail, which I have. She then gave me an application and told me to bring it in by 5pm that day. I went to the food court and filled the application out completely, brought it back to her. She glanced over it and asked if I could come in for an interview two days later. I said sure! When I got to the interview I was interviewed by the DM and the Assistant Manager, they were both pretty great people. They asked scenario questions, a lot of questions about how I feel comfortable being in the store alone, and how I would sale to different age groups. A few days later they called and offered me the Third Keyholder/manager type position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult because I've worked in retail before.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Submitted an online application with resume. Emailed district manager. Was called a few days later for an interview. Had an in person interview with the district manager and then she gave me a personality test to take online and then after that I second interview with the regional manager. Overall process was fairly smooth, but semi unorganized.

no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Just a pretty normal interview, definitely was my style which made it flow easily. You know why Claires? Talked about the store, what was the issues & what I would do to handle that. Previous jobs experiences, metrics, that kind of thing.

Interview Questions
    There was a light negotiation.

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

The district manager at the time who spoke to me for the first interview was really nice and friendly. The second interview was with the store manager and it went smoothly. She asked questions based off a sheet of paper she had. Overall it was an easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was when I was asked about how I worked with others in a previous job because I had no previous job to use as an example.   Answer Question

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2012.

I dropped off an application, they called me a week later and asked me to come in for an interview. The interview with the store manager was pretty simple, she asked some questions but she spent most of the time talking and telling me about the job. At the end of the interview she offered me the position if the district manager approved. So a couple days later I had an interview with the dm, the questions were a little more difficult and mostly behavioral, but still pretty easy.