Claire's Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Fairview Heights, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The store manager called me and set up a interview and then when i arrived I found out it was a group interview, which i feel are TERRIBLE. But she went around the circle (About 6 girls) and asked the typical interview questions, why would you be a good fit, what would you do if this happened, etc. Then a few days later she called and said I had the job.

Interview Questions

• How would I interact with customers to make sure they had the best experience.   1 Answer

Third Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2015.

Interview

First I interviewed with the assistant manager at the front counter, and she asked me some general personality questions. She also asked me about different scenarios, and asked me to greet and help someone in the store. While interviewing, she checked people out at the cash register, and also answered the phone. About 20 minutes into my interview the manager came into the store, and decided to talk to me as well. We left the store and walked around another store close by as she asked me similar questions the assistant manager had. Somewhat awkward experience...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Norridge, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with the store manager, they went over my references pretty steady hiring pace. Kind of took a while to hear back. I was applying at Icing but then they sent my application to Claire's, so I had two different interviews with both store managers.

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Toledo, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

The manager at the time just wanted to get to know me and asked multiple questions about my morals with stealing. She also asked me to describe myself in 3 words, if I felt comfortable performing ear piercings, and how I felt about today's fashion industry.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever stolen? If so, how did it make you feel?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Detroit, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

Quick and easy, Dress nice. It was a one on one, Quiet and remote. A few questions. Waited a few weeks for a call back. Friendly people. The questions were simple. Use eye contact, don't be afraid to joke.

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied in store and got a call back a week later. I had my first interview with the assistant manager of the store. It went pretty well. She asked me basic interview questions. Since I was applying for a management type position. She asked me how well I work under pressure. How I would make an important decision. How well I work with a team etc. She was very nice and said she was scheduling me for a second interview with the manager. The day of the second interview, she called me and said the Manager could not make it to the interview and she'd call back saying when she could. My second interview with the Manager got cancelled as soon as I got to the store. the day of. The Manager said she was busy so she couldn't interview me. I came back to the store just to check on what's going on. And the assistant manager told me I got hired. I was thrilled. However, the hiring process felt rushed and unprofessional. Nevertheless, I was excited. I started working there. I would get a 3-4 hour shift a week. I received little to NO training at all and was just put onto the sales floor, they assumed I knew how to do everything. Obviously I was a little nervous as I wasn't told anything. The manager herself was also very nice however she told me herself she was a new Manager. On my fourth, four hour shift, meaning I had only been working 12 hours or less I was let go because I was too nervous when handling the cash register. This may have been the case however I feel it was not fair that they expected me to learn everything within 4, 3/4 hour shifts that were all a week apart. I believe I was actually let go because the new Manager over hired plus I was hired impulsively. Overall, I like the company but because of the new Manager I feel she didn't realize she hired too many people as while I was hired so were two other new girls causing my bad experience.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle important decisions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I interviewed in person with the store manager first. After that, I interviewed with another store manager from a different location. The first interview, the store manager took me to a local bookstore to interview me. The questions were fairly simple and I had prepared for most of the answers. After that, I received a call to have a second interview with the store manager from another location. I had to drive pretty far out of my way for this one, but it was worth it since I eventually took the job offer. The second manager asked a lot of questions, but overall, it was an average interview. The process was quick, and I eventually accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you were in a difficult situation, and how did you get out of it?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you caught your friend shoplifting?   Answer Question

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

it was easy, light, not a lot of hounding but the basics. It was more intimate in a way, it was open and friendly not a strict calculated way of question asking.

Interview Questions

• what are three strengths you have?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

The interview is very easy and straight to the point. Most of it was the manager explaining the position and required responsibilities. Since I had previously worked for the company when I was in high school, the manager just asked me about the store I worked for. I was asked about the store size, the average daily sales, store volume, and if I had pierced ears.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem piercing ears? Piercing is required for all Claire's positions, full time, part time, sales associates to district managers.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2012.

Interview

Everything went very fast. I picked up an application in store shortly after I turned 16, and happened to get it from the store manager. The next day when I came to drop it off, I brought it to the store manager too. As soon as I handed it to her (she didn't even look at the app) she asked when I could come in for an interview. A few days later I came for my interview, and it was pretty brief. She offered me the job on the spot.