Claire's Stores Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.2

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2014.

I applied in store and got a call back a week later. I had my first interview with the assistant manager of the store. It went pretty well. She asked me basic interview questions. Since I was applying for a management type position. She asked me how well I work under pressure. How I would make an important decision. How well I work with a team etc. She was very nice and said she was scheduling me for a second interview with the manager. The day of the second interview, she called me and said the Manager could not make it to the interview and she'd call back saying when she could. My second interview with the Manager got cancelled as soon as I got to the store. the day of. The Manager said she was busy so she couldn't interview me. I came back to the store just to check on what's going on. And the assistant manager told me I got hired. I was thrilled. However, the hiring process felt rushed and unprofessional. Nevertheless, I was excited. I started working there. I would get a 3-4 hour shift a week. I received little to NO training at all and was just put onto the sales floor, they assumed I knew how to do everything. Obviously I was a little nervous as I wasn't told anything. The manager herself was also very nice however she told me herself she was a new Manager. On my fourth, four hour shift, meaning I had only been working 12 hours or less I was let go because I was too nervous when handling the cash register. This may have been the case however I feel it was not fair that they expected me to learn everything within 4, 3/4 hour shifts that were all a week apart. I believe I was actually let go because the new Manager over hired plus I was hired impulsively. Overall, I like the company but because of the new Manager I feel she didn't realize she hired too many people as while I was hired so were two other new girls causing my bad experience.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you handle important decisions?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2011.

I interviewed in person with the store manager first. After that, I interviewed with another store manager from a different location. The first interview, the store manager took me to a local bookstore to interview me. The questions were fairly simple and I had prepared for most of the answers. After that, I received a call to have a second interview with the store manager from another location. I had to drive pretty far out of my way for this one, but it was worth it since I eventually took the job offer. The second manager asked a lot of questions, but overall, it was an average interview. The process was quick, and I eventually accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you were in a difficult situation, and how did you get out of it?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you caught your friend shoplifting?   Answer Question

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in September 2014.

it was easy, light, not a lot of hounding but the basics. It was more intimate in a way, it was open and friendly not a strict calculated way of question asking.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

The interview is very easy and straight to the point. Most of it was the manager explaining the position and required responsibilities. Since I had previously worked for the company when I was in high school, the manager just asked me about the store I worked for. I was asked about the store size, the average daily sales, store volume, and if I had pierced ears.

Interview Questions
    • Would you have a problem piercing ears? Piercing is required for all Claire's positions, full time, part time, sales associates to district managers.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2012.

Everything went very fast. I picked up an application in store shortly after I turned 16, and happened to get it from the store manager. The next day when I came to drop it off, I brought it to the store manager too. As soon as I handed it to her (she didn't even look at the app) she asked when I could come in for an interview. A few days later I came for my interview, and it was pretty brief. She offered me the job on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

It was a group interview with 2 managers. The interview process took an hour and a half. One manager asked questions while the other took notes. It was in the mall food court and very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you handled a difficult customer or coworker.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Networking with other District Managers, first interview with DSM, then RSM, then TVP, and finally an interview with Director of Stores. There are a couple of skill assessment tests along with an integrity test. The final test is a series of situations which can and will arise in the field.

Interview Questions
    • What skills set you apart from your peers making you successful?   Answer Question

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2014.

The application process was fairly easy. I showed up to the store in the mall and asked for an application. A few days later, I was surprised to receive a call from the store manager for an interview! I was very happy because usually, employers wait for you to call or don't call at all. So, I confirmed my interview and I met up with the manager on a Monday afternoon.

The interview was very laid back; it was conducted right outside of the store on a bench so it wasn't private. I wore a business casual outfit because at Claire's there's no need to show up in a full suit. The manager was surprised at how much I knew about the company (I really wanted this job because Claire's was my spot when I was younger lol), so that was a plus for me. She asked me regular interview questions such as my availability, my personality, do I have transportation, why I want the job, and why they should hire me, etc. Also, I was told that you're allowed to wear piercings since it's a jewelry shop but they still want you to be presentable since the main customers are young women and little girls.

Towards the end of the interview, she gave me a slip that included a website to go on to finalize the application process in order to be hired. Unfortunately, the website wasn't working. So I called the store and found out that all of the other applicants had the same problem. The manager proceeded to tell me that they would call corporate to sort out the issue (she sounded annoyed but I understood why). She told me she was going to call back after the issue was fixed. I did not receive a call back and was a bit disappointed because my interview went really well. A few weeks later, I went back to the website just to check if it was fixed; it was not. I would've called them back but I didn't want to annoy them. So I kind of just blew it off. It seems like situations like this happens to me with every interview I have for retail jobs. *sighs*

So, overall everything went pretty well except for the final process to be hired. Every time I walk pass Claire's, I see new employees in there and wish it were me. It would have been the perfect side job because they were willing to work with my schedule and it was close to where I live.

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

The interview process is very typical and simple. If you've ever been hired for a part-time or retail position then you'll pass with flying colors. They ask you simple questions about theft (internal and external), customer service, and sales.

Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in January 2010.

first i had an interview with the manager she liked me met with DM got offered job a day later. I started right away with training. the manager was fun the Dm was a pain . There was no background check or anything like to that i recall