Claire's Stores

81 candidate interviews

Third Key Holder Interview

Third Key Holder
Deer Park, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2013.

Interview Details – Apps are in person only. My first interview was with the store manager which went fairly well. Since I was inexperienced in management she needed approval from the DM. He was on vacation at the time so another store manager interviewed me. She did not like me (inexperience) but my manager pushed to have the DM interview me.
They ask pretty much all the same questions and have a sheet in front of them.

Interview Question – What do you like from a retail experience (as a customer)
and
What have you done when a coworker was dishonest.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. I asked for 10/hr but since it is a tiny store and im inexperienced they could only do 9/hr.

Third Key, Sales Associate Interview

Third Key, Sales Associate
Port St Lucie, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details – My friend and I walked into the store & asked if they were hiring the a manager was at the desk at the time and replied yes and gave us a both paper applications. I turned mine in a few days later to a sales associate and brought my friend back a week later to turn in hers, she turned hers into the manager that gave us the application and on the spot asked her if she would be open to do a interview the following day I also spoke with her and she set up a interview with me as well the following day. We came in the following day and 6 girls were standing around two managers and they were "sucking up". After she finished with them she came to us and I was in a group with 4 other girls and she asked some general questions, then started telling us about how we would must meet their quota standards. She was also very demanding and a little bit on the snarky side. The process took about 30-45 minutes and at at the end of it we were told we would receive a call back within 5 days regardless if we got the job or not. I never received a call neither did my friend nevertheless, we didn't get the job.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were told you needed to reach a daily quota of $5,000   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – I turned in my application on June 23rd, got a call later on in the day to schedule a interview the next day. The hiring manager was very friendly and made me comfortable. The interview process was a breeze and the questions were typical interview questions such as the starter "tell me about yourself." Overall it was a great experience !!!

Interview Question – What would you do if you are alone, have someone at piercing station, someone at the counter and the phone is ringing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – Very easy. General retail experience questions, "what-if" questions, questions about past employment and what you liked and didnt like. Keep positive and peppy and you will be fine. First few days are learning register and general company know-how. Everyone will have to learn to do ear piercings though even if you are under 18, so be prepared for that.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had someone on the phone, an ear piercing, and a customer at the checkout and you are alone?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call back from HR, they set me up to meet with a district manager. We met in the food court and it was a little distracting. Very casual talk. She called later that day and I started 2 days later. later on this guy called

Interview Question – Be prepared to talk sales.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – You send in your application or resume, the district manager will phone interview, then in person interview you (sometimes you will also interview with another store manager) and you will interview either on the phone or in person with the regional sales manager.

Interview Question – How do you plan out your day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Start high, they want to pay you the least amount they feel possible.

Third Key Interview

Third Key
Sevierville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in April 2011.

Interview Details – First, when I went to the store to ask if they were hiring, I was handed a small application on a little card (kind of like an interest card which I later found out some managers give out to just the people they don't really think fit the position available- not always the case, though) I was called maybe a day or two later by the store manager to set up an interview. Very basic everyday questions- Tell me about a time, why Claire's?, etc. (Although, when I was part of interviews in the future with the company, we had the applicant go in the store with a basket and pick out some matching accessories for an outfit that they would wear). Next, I was told to go home & do an online application/questionnaire and to call back when finished. (What happens here is you fill it out & when finished the manager/asm will call an automated hotline, which will then tell the manager if the applicant was 1) not recommended for the position 2) needs further review or 3) recommended for the position. 1- They can't hire you. 2- (I'm assuming this is what I got) They need approval of the DM or 3- They can go ahead and hire you. Because of the nature of my results, I received a phone interview with the District Manager. She asked me a lot of questions that were asked in the first interview, plus a lot of why Claire's? Do you see yourself as a fashion forward individual? What's a trend that you like? And then told me all the perks of the job - and what could happen if I went full time. She asked if I could see myself working with Claire's. It was literally the least stressful phone interview I've ever had. Next thing, the store manager called back with my schedule!

Interview Question – There really weren't any!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was only my second job ever. Definitely try to negotiate your pay and amount of hours/days you will be able to work weekly.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – Asked about previous experience. Job length. Strengths/Weakness. Personality. Interview with store manager first, if they like you, they will pass you on to district manager for further interviews. Ask if you know what ADS, UPTs, mean to affect sales. Talk to you about the effective way to talk and sell to customers.

Interview Question – What I would bring to Claire's to better the store that may not already be there.   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – Wasn't too bad, not too involved. Had to go through initial interview and then on to a phone screening with automated questions.

Interview Question – None, same as most companies   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really, it was a take it or leave it type

Store Sales Manager Interview

Store Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the DM-Asks what you've been doing Carr wide for the past year. Aka about retail experience and will set up a face to face interview. Face to face is scripted and is STAR format. Go in over accessorized... have a ' pretty ' our glam look. Be very cheerful Ann's excited to work with little girls! If you pass the face to face, You will be set up with a phone interview with the Regional Manager. Be very excited! Focus on loss prevention and customer service.

Interview Question – Why would you leave a job you love to come work for Claire's?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was really a joke. I feel for the lower salary because of the bonus structure. Fight for your dollars or be willing to move on. If this is just a staple job, then you'll get along just fine. You will be in the mid 30s as a Store Manager. I know cashiers at big box chains making similar or more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Claire's Stores

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Claire's Stores interview questions and advice. All 81 interview reviews posted anonymously by Claire's Stores employees and interview candidates.