Claire's Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Just a pretty normal interview, definitely was my style which made it flow easily. You know why Claires? Talked about the store, what was the issues & what I would do to handle that. Previous jobs experiences, metrics, that kind of thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a light negotiation.

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

it was easy, light, not a lot of hounding but the basics. It was more intimate in a way, it was open and friendly not a strict calculated way of question asking.

Interview Questions

• what are three strengths you have?   1 Answer

Third Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

The district manager at the time who spoke to me for the first interview was really nice and friendly. The second interview was with the store manager and it went smoothly. She asked questions based off a sheet of paper she had. Overall it was an easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was when I was asked about how I worked with others in a previous job because I had no previous job to use as an example.   Answer Question

Part Time Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

I applied for Icing's, the sister store of Claire's and they asked for an interview a month later. I didn't hear back from them for another two-three months asking for a follow up interview. Still I did not get an offer. After completely forgetting about the chance of getting the job, Claire's called me saying that Icing's sent them my application and wanting to meet with me. The manager explained how Icing's liked me but said I would be a better fit at Claire's. The manager offered me a part time manager position instead of the sales associate.

Interview Questions

• How would you stop a shop lifter?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2014.

Interview

I walked in on a Monday with a resume & cover letter. My brother was getting his ear pierced & it was just us & the store manager. He mentioned to her that I was job hunting & so the manager asked me if I wanted an application. She also asked a few genereal questions such as, "How's your availability? Have you had any work experience?" Basic stuff like that. I got an app & then turned it in about 15 minutes later. I turned it in along with my resume & cover letter. Later that day, I got a call to set up an interview the following Wednesday. Wednesday came around & I met with the District Manager. She asked me about myself, why I didn't have any prior work experience, why I want to work at Claire's, and how I felt about ear piercing. She also mentioned that there is a dress code, which is basically each employee has to wear at least five accessories to display the products. She asked how I felt about being a store manager, but I answered with how since I had no prior work experience, I would prefer to start out with sales associate & then when I'm comfortable, become a manager. She liked my honesty. Afterwards, she said they'll call no later than Monday. Friday afternoon comes & I get a call from the store manager saying I got the job! So yeah c:

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about ear piercing?   Answer Question
    • If I called this person you listed as a reference, what would they say about you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Claire's?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Third Key Holder Interview

Application

Interview

The application process was fairly easy. I showed up to the store in the mall and asked for an application. A few days later, I was surprised to receive a call from the store manager for an interview! I was very happy because usually, employers wait for you to call or don't call at all. So, I confirmed my interview and I met up with the manager on a Monday afternoon. The interview was very laid back; it was conducted right outside of the store on a bench so it wasn't private. I wore a business casual outfit because at Claire's there's no need to show up in a full suit. The manager was surprised at how much I knew about the company (I really wanted this job because Claire's was my spot when I was younger lol), so that was a plus for me. She asked me regular interview questions such as my availability, my personality, do I have transportation, why I want the job, and why they should hire me, etc. Also, I was told that you're allowed to wear piercings since it's a jewelry shop but they still want you to be presentable since the main customers are young women and little girls. Towards the end of the interview, she gave me a slip that included a website to go on to finalize the application process in order to be hired. Unfortunately, the website wasn't working. So I called the store and found out that all of the other applicants had the same problem. The manager proceeded to tell me that they would call corporate to sort out the issue (she sounded annoyed but I understood why). She told me she was going to call back after the issue was fixed. I did not receive a call back and was a bit disappointed because my interview went really well. A few weeks later, I went back to the website just to check if it was fixed; it was not. I would've called them back but I didn't want to annoy them. So I kind of just blew it off. It seems like situations like this happens to me with every interview I have for retail jobs. *sighs* So, overall everything went pretty well except for the final process to be hired. Every time I walk pass Claire's, I see new employees in there and wish it were me. It would have been the perfect side job because they were willing to work with my schedule and it was close to where I live.

Interview Questions

• "Are you willing to pierce ears?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I turned in my application on June 23rd, got a call later on in the day to schedule a interview the next day. The hiring manager was very friendly and made me comfortable. The interview process was a breeze and the questions were typical interview questions such as the starter "tell me about yourself." Overall it was a great experience !!!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are alone, have someone at piercing station, someone at the counter and the phone is ringing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Very easy. General retail experience questions, "what-if" questions, questions about past employment and what you liked and didnt like. Keep positive and peppy and you will be fine. First few days are learning register and general company know-how. Everyone will have to learn to do ear piercings though even if you are under 18, so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had someone on the phone, an ear piercing, and a customer at the checkout and you are alone?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Boston, MA).

Interview

You send in your application or resume, the district manager will phone interview, then in person interview you (sometimes you will also interview with another store manager) and you will interview either on the phone or in person with the regional sales manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan out your day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Start high, they want to pay you the least amount they feel possible.

Third Key, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Port St Lucie, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

My friend and I walked into the store & asked if they were hiring the a manager was at the desk at the time and replied yes and gave us a both paper applications. I turned mine in a few days later to a sales associate and brought my friend back a week later to turn in hers, she turned hers into the manager that gave us the application and on the spot asked her if she would be open to do a interview the following day I also spoke with her and she set up a interview with me as well the following day. We came in the following day and 6 girls were standing around two managers and they were "sucking up". After she finished with them she came to us and I was in a group with 4 other girls and she asked some general questions, then started telling us about how we would must meet their quota standards. She was also very demanding and a little bit on the snarky side. The process took about 30-45 minutes and at at the end of it we were told we would receive a call back within 5 days regardless if we got the job or not. I never received a call neither did my friend nevertheless, we didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were told you needed to reach a daily quota of $5,000   Answer Question