Claire's Stores

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.2

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2014.

The application process was fairly easy. I showed up to the store in the mall and asked for an application. A few days later, I was surprised to receive a call from the store manager for an interview! I was very happy because usually, employers wait for you to call or don't call at all. So, I confirmed my interview and I met up with the manager on a Monday afternoon.

The interview was very laid back; it was conducted right outside of the store on a bench so it wasn't private. I wore a business casual outfit because at Claire's there's no need to show up in a full suit. The manager was surprised at how much I knew about the company (I really wanted this job because Claire's was my spot when I was younger lol), so that was a plus for me. She asked me regular interview questions such as my availability, my personality, do I have transportation, why I want the job, and why they should hire me, etc. Also, I was told that you're allowed to wear piercings since it's a jewelry shop but they still want you to be presentable since the main customers are young women and little girls.

Towards the end of the interview, she gave me a slip that included a website to go on to finalize the application process in order to be hired. Unfortunately, the website wasn't working. So I called the store and found out that all of the other applicants had the same problem. The manager proceeded to tell me that they would call corporate to sort out the issue (she sounded annoyed but I understood why). She told me she was going to call back after the issue was fixed. I did not receive a call back and was a bit disappointed because my interview went really well. A few weeks later, I went back to the website just to check if it was fixed; it was not. I would've called them back but I didn't want to annoy them. So I kind of just blew it off. It seems like situations like this happens to me with every interview I have for retail jobs. *sighs*

So, overall everything went pretty well except for the final process to be hired. Every time I walk pass Claire's, I see new employees in there and wish it were me. It would have been the perfect side job because they were willing to work with my schedule and it was close to where I live.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Very easy. General retail experience questions, "what-if" questions, questions about past employment and what you liked and didnt like. Keep positive and peppy and you will be fine. First few days are learning register and general company know-how. Everyone will have to learn to do ear piercings though even if you are under 18, so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had someone on the phone, an ear piercing, and a customer at the checkout and you are alone?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

I turned in my application on June 23rd, got a call later on in the day to schedule a interview the next day. The hiring manager was very friendly and made me comfortable. The interview process was a breeze and the questions were typical interview questions such as the starter "tell me about yourself." Overall it was a great experience !!!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you are alone, have someone at piercing station, someone at the counter and the phone is ringing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

You send in your application or resume, the district manager will phone interview, then in person interview you (sometimes you will also interview with another store manager) and you will interview either on the phone or in person with the regional sales manager.

Interview Questions
    Start high, they want to pay you the least amount they feel possible.

Third Key, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2014.

My friend and I walked into the store & asked if they were hiring the a manager was at the desk at the time and replied yes and gave us a both paper applications. I turned mine in a few days later to a sales associate and brought my friend back a week later to turn in hers, she turned hers into the manager that gave us the application and on the spot asked her if she would be open to do a interview the following day I also spoke with her and she set up a interview with me as well the following day. We came in the following day and 6 girls were standing around two managers and they were "sucking up". After she finished with them she came to us and I was in a group with 4 other girls and she asked some general questions, then started telling us about how we would must meet their quota standards. She was also very demanding and a little bit on the snarky side. The process took about 30-45 minutes and at at the end of it we were told we would receive a call back within 5 days regardless if we got the job or not. I never received a call neither did my friend nevertheless, we didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were told you needed to reach a daily quota of $5,000   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Asked about previous experience. Job length. Strengths/Weakness. Personality. Interview with store manager first, if they like you, they will pass you on to district manager for further interviews. Ask if you know what ADS, UPTs, mean to affect sales. Talk to you about the effective way to talk and sell to customers.

Interview Questions
    • What I would bring to Claire's to better the store that may not already be there.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Wasn't too bad, not too involved. Had to go through initial interview and then on to a phone screening with automated questions.

Interview Questions
    Not really, it was a take it or leave it type

Store Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Phone interview with the DM-Asks what you've been doing Carr wide for the past year. Aka about retail experience and will set up a face to face interview. Face to face is scripted and is STAR format. Go in over accessorized... have a ' pretty ' our glam look. Be very cheerful Ann's excited to work with little girls! If you pass the face to face, You will be set up with a phone interview with the Regional Manager. Be very excited! Focus on loss prevention and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you leave a job you love to come work for Claire's?   View Answer
    Negotiation was really a joke. I feel for the lower salary because of the bonus structure. Fight for your dollars or be willing to move on. If this is just a staple job, then you'll get along just fine. You will be in the mid 30s as a Store Manager. I know cashiers at big box chains making similar or more.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Took one interview and one reference and hired

No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Met Adam, had interview. Got offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    None. Was offered max pay.