Claire's Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Asked about previous experience. Job length. Strengths/Weakness. Personality. Interview with store manager first, if they like you, they will pass you on to district manager for further interviews. Ask if you know what ADS, UPTs, mean to affect sales. Talk to you about the effective way to talk and sell to customers.

Interview Questions

• What I would bring to Claire's to better the store that may not already be there.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Wasn't too bad, not too involved. Had to go through initial interview and then on to a phone screening with automated questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really, it was a take it or leave it type

Store Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Phone interview with the DM-Asks what you've been doing Carr wide for the past year. Aka about retail experience and will set up a face to face interview. Face to face is scripted and is STAR format. Go in over accessorized... have a ' pretty ' our glam look. Be very cheerful Ann's excited to work with little girls! If you pass the face to face, You will be set up with a phone interview with the Regional Manager. Be very excited! Focus on loss prevention and customer service.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave a job you love to come work for Claire's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was really a joke. I feel for the lower salary because of the bonus structure. Fight for your dollars or be willing to move on. If this is just a staple job, then you'll get along just fine. You will be in the mid 30s as a Store Manager. I know cashiers at big box chains making similar or more.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Took one interview and one reference and hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Met Adam, had interview. Got offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Was offered max pay.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Depending on who your supervisor is, the interview process is pretty quick and painless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, simple offer and acceptance.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (The Woodlands, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Not very hard pretty easy going. She just talked to me like she knew me. Ask about my work experience and why I choose to work there. Very easy interviewing process and casual also. I dressed casual it was not a lot of questions. I enjoyed it a lot. Short and strait to the point.

Negotiation

I was able negotiate the days I worked since I had another job first.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Fairview Heights, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The store manager called me and set up a interview and then when i arrived I found out it was a group interview, which i feel are TERRIBLE. But she went around the circle (About 6 girls) and asked the typical interview questions, why would you be a good fit, what would you do if this happened, etc. Then a few days later she called and said I had the job.

Interview Questions

• How would I interact with customers to make sure they had the best experience.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

First interview was in store and just asked what I enjoy doing and about school, promoted twice by doing tests.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you do if you have an ear piercing, people Are ready to cash out, you have a shoplifter and the phone is ringing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. You get minimum and no set amount of hours.

Third Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Claire's is always looking for help since not many people want to put up with the BS for the pay..understandable. But the best way to get reviewed is to drop off an applications at the store. Most stores only hire Third Keys (18+) and seasonally Sales Associates (16+). I got interviewed on the spot (my availability, how i feel about working alone, honesty, dependability..things like this), and was told there was a follow up online quiz. I got my information for the quiz..it took about 30 minutes. The quiz was pretty basic, but had alot of curveball/nonsense questions.

Interview Questions

• The weirdest question was asked online and it was, If I laugh at jokes about others.   1 Answer