Claire's Stores

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2013.

Applied online through monster and had an interview the next week. Met with the district manager and assistant manager. When arriving had to wait over twenty minutes in the store while the district manager came back to lunch. At the interview the district manager had the assistant store conduct the interview through a packet which she stumbled through. After reviewing my resume the district manager offered me an assistant manager position for a store over 40 miles away...stating that I was unqualifed to be a store manager and that with hard work and customer service I could work my way up to store manager in a year or so.

Interview Questions

40 miles away and was for a position lower than what I wanted.

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2013.

3 stages is your application makes it through you can expect a online questionnaire if that is passed you can expect a phone interview with the district manager

no wasn't even really told what i was getting paid till after 1 week of working

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2013.

Apps are in person only. My first interview was with the store manager which went fairly well. Since I was inexperienced in management she needed approval from the DM. He was on vacation at the time so another store manager interviewed me. She did not like me (inexperience) but my manager pushed to have the DM interview me.
    They ask pretty much all the same questions and have a sheet in front of them.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like from a retail experience (as a customer)
      and
      What have you done when a coworker was dishonest.

Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation. I asked for 10/hr but since it is a tiny store and im inexperienced they could only do 9/hr.

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2012.

I dropped off an application, they called me a week later and asked me to come in for an interview. The interview with the store manager was pretty simple, she asked some questions but she spent most of the time talking and telling me about the job. At the end of the interview she offered me the position if the district manager approved. So a couple days later I had an interview with the dm, the questions were a little more difficult and mostly behavioral, but still pretty easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2012.

I filled out an application and as soon as I turned it in the assistant manager asked me if I could come in the next day for an interview which took about half an hour. She was very stern and serious about the work but also was laughing and smiling. I was 16 when I was hired, during the interview she asked about my references and my work experience including volunteer work. She asked me questions about what I'd do in hypothetical situations, asked about my favorite/least favorite teachers in school, my favorite stores to buy from, if I could comply with company dress code, etc.

A couple days later I was called asking to come in for an interview with the head manager who asked me way fewer questions and basically explained the policies and the job description to me and answered and questions I had. She called all of my references and even though my past employer hated me and gave me a negative review (which I expected because he hated me from day 1 when the manager of his store hired me), she still hired me for the season which became a permanent position.

I came in and filled out paperwork such as an employee training manual, watched a few videos, tax and payment forms, etc. (you'll have ear-piercing training some weeks/months later) for an entire 2 hour shift and then began work the day after that.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me what I would do if someone stole from the store. I told her that I'd take the things back and kick them out of the store. She told me that they give no warnings, they immediately call security.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.

Third Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2012.

I had two interviews. one with the district manager and one with the store manager.
    I was hired very fast.
    promised things in my interview that i never recieved

none

Store Manager Interview

I applied online for the position and received a call back from the District Manager about a week later. She did a pre-screening chat with me on the phone right then- why are you interested in working here, what do you do now, why are you looking to leave your current position, etc. We set up an interview for later that week. The morning of the interview, she contacted me because she had an unexpected problem in one of her stores and offered to reschedule or have me interview with one of the Store Managers who was in charge of training all managers. I said that was fine, so I had a 20 minute interview with another manager. Very basic questions- "Tell me about a time when...." relating to customer service, managing other employees, etc. A couple of days later I interviewed with the DM and it was brief and informal. I had to go online and take a personality test. Then got offered the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2012.

Very straight forward, easy. Only thing I didn't like is that I didn't receive any call after the interview whether the answer was yes or no.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2012.

I applied online and got a call back from HR, they set me up to meet with a district manager. We met in the food court and it was a little distracting. Very casual talk. She called later that day and I started 2 days later. later on this guy called

No negotiations

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2012.

Fill out an application in store, call after a few days to make sure they looked at it. Sometimes associates just toss them in the drawer. Come in for face to face interview with store manager, then wait for a phone call. Get hired, train for a few weeks at sales associate pay, then take the "key turn" test either over the phone or face to face with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when the registers freeze and there are customers in the store?   View Answer
    • What is the youngest age we will do a double piercing on a child?   View Answer
    Salary/hourly pay is not negotiable. Every volume has a system, busier the store, more you get paid.