Claire's Stores

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.2

Store Manager Interview

I was recruited by a store manager. Soon after I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview was more like a casual conversation. She had no paper in front of her that she was making notes on. Although after working at the company now for 7 years, the interview process depends on who you get interviewed by. I think most follow a template.

Interview Questions
    I think they knew what I was making at that time because they had employees that used to work where I was, so they made me a significant offer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Average time for hire

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2013.

i went in to turn in my applacation and she set up an interview right on the spot. i came in a couple day later for an interview that lasted about 15 minuites.

Interview Questions
    • She barely asked me any questions the only one i remember was why do you want to work here   View Answer

not enough hours

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Took DSM 3wks to decide to hire me even with the experience I had! That should have told me something!!

BAD!!! Manager made me think I would get a lot more which of course I didn't

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2013.

Applied online through monster and had an interview the next week. Met with the district manager and assistant manager. When arriving had to wait over twenty minutes in the store while the district manager came back to lunch. At the interview the district manager had the assistant store conduct the interview through a packet which she stumbled through. After reviewing my resume the district manager offered me an assistant manager position for a store over 40 miles away...stating that I was unqualifed to be a store manager and that with hard work and customer service I could work my way up to store manager in a year or so.

Interview Questions

40 miles away and was for a position lower than what I wanted.

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2013.

3 stages is your application makes it through you can expect a online questionnaire if that is passed you can expect a phone interview with the district manager

no wasn't even really told what i was getting paid till after 1 week of working

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2013.

Apps are in person only. My first interview was with the store manager which went fairly well. Since I was inexperienced in management she needed approval from the DM. He was on vacation at the time so another store manager interviewed me. She did not like me (inexperience) but my manager pushed to have the DM interview me.
    They ask pretty much all the same questions and have a sheet in front of them.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like from a retail experience (as a customer)
      and
      What have you done when a coworker was dishonest.

Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation. I asked for 10/hr but since it is a tiny store and im inexperienced they could only do 9/hr.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2012.

Everything went very fast. I picked up an application in store shortly after I turned 16, and happened to get it from the store manager. The next day when I came to drop it off, I brought it to the store manager too. As soon as I handed it to her (she didn't even look at the app) she asked when I could come in for an interview. A few days later I came for my interview, and it was pretty brief. She offered me the job on the spot.

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2012.

I dropped off an application, they called me a week later and asked me to come in for an interview. The interview with the store manager was pretty simple, she asked some questions but she spent most of the time talking and telling me about the job. At the end of the interview she offered me the position if the district manager approved. So a couple days later I had an interview with the dm, the questions were a little more difficult and mostly behavioral, but still pretty easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2012.

I filled out an application and as soon as I turned it in the assistant manager asked me if I could come in the next day for an interview which took about half an hour. She was very stern and serious about the work but also was laughing and smiling. I was 16 when I was hired, during the interview she asked about my references and my work experience including volunteer work. She asked me questions about what I'd do in hypothetical situations, asked about my favorite/least favorite teachers in school, my favorite stores to buy from, if I could comply with company dress code, etc.

A couple days later I was called asking to come in for an interview with the head manager who asked me way fewer questions and basically explained the policies and the job description to me and answered and questions I had. She called all of my references and even though my past employer hated me and gave me a negative review (which I expected because he hated me from day 1 when the manager of his store hired me), she still hired me for the season which became a permanent position.

I came in and filled out paperwork such as an employee training manual, watched a few videos, tax and payment forms, etc. (you'll have ear-piercing training some weeks/months later) for an entire 2 hour shift and then began work the day after that.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me what I would do if someone stole from the store. I told her that I'd take the things back and kick them out of the store. She told me that they give no warnings, they immediately call security.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.