Claire's Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring Process:
- If you have past management experience, then you'll be considered. If you are a good 3rd key holder, you might get a promotion

Interview:
Basic questions like -- "Describe a situation where you had a rude customer and how did you resolve that? or " Tell me a time where you went beyond to get the job done"

Interview Question – Depends on the interviewer. I got asked " Do you go to clubs a lot or go partying every weekends?" It's just funny but I totally get it.. She explained that because if ever I am scheduled to open on a saturday or sunday morning, (w/c they usually do for asst mngr positions), then I can't call in often or go to work w/ a hangover   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Honestly, how that does even work on retail positions? If you got the job, that's the only time you know how much you're getting, so you can't really just quit if its too low or something.. right?

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Florence, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in December 2009.

Interview Details – Depends on the person interviewing. The store manager talked with me for 30 mins. Her assistant talked with me for almost an hour and asked real life situation questions, told me about the job and what they expect.... not the rehearsed question on paper that the store manger asked.

Interview Question – They were all pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat out no on the hourly increase, was told the regional manager would say no, store manager didn't even ask.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very straight forward, easy. Only thing I didn't like is that I didn't receive any call after the interview whether the answer was yes or no.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Real Estate Administrative Assistant Interview

Real Estate Administrative Assistant
Hoffman Estates, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and was contacted within a couple weeks by Human Resources for a phone interview. Phone interview was about 30 min and asked very basic questions regarding my resume and some situational questions.

After speaking with HR they asked to come in for an in person interview, which I went about a week later. First I had a brief face-to-face interview with the HR person I spoke with on the phone. Then I met with two people from the real estate department for an additional interview which took about 45 minutes. I received an email a few weeks later confirming I did not get the offer.

Interview Question – Describe your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management
Bloomington, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was standard questions, like "If an employee was stealing, would you report them or let it go?"

Interview Question – Do you work well with others?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2010.

Interview Details – a regular retail interview

Interview Question – where did you grow up   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – it was ok went pretty quick and got offered the job very quickly

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whats so ever....its like those words are not in there vocabulary.

Third Keyholder Interview

Third Keyholder
Troy, MI

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – Short - about 5 min.

Negotiation Details – Was a little shocked at the pay but needed a job.

Third Key Interview

Third Key
Greenville, NC

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – Asked general interview questions: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time when you've had to deal with an unhappy customer. Tell me about the longest day you've had to work. Things like that. I was told that it was a face paced environment. Didn't say anything about ear piercing. Reviewed the dress code. Then I was told to go online and fill out a survey.

Interview Question – Where do you think you learned your multitasking?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and was contacted about a month later to schedule a phone screen. I had a conversation with Human Resources about a week later. Two weeks after I was contacted again to interview in person.

Interview Question – How do you feel your previous experience has prepared you for this role.   Answer Question