Claire's Stores

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – Very easy. General retail experience questions, "what-if" questions, questions about past employment and what you liked and didnt like. Keep positive and peppy and you will be fine. First few days are learning register and general company know-how. Everyone will have to learn to do ear piercings though even if you are under 18, so be prepared for that.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had someone on the phone, an ear piercing, and a customer at the checkout and you are alone?   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – I turned in my application on June 23rd, got a call later on in the day to schedule a interview the next day. The hiring manager was very friendly and made me comfortable. The interview process was a breeze and the questions were typical interview questions such as the starter "tell me about yourself." Overall it was a great experience !!!

Interview Question – What would you do if you are alone, have someone at piercing station, someone at the counter and the phone is ringing?   Answer Question

The Woodlands, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – Not very hard pretty easy going. She just talked to me like she knew me. Ask about my work experience and why I choose to work there. Very easy interviewing process and casual also. I dressed casual it was not a lot of questions. I enjoyed it a lot. Short and strait to the point.

Negotiation Details – I was able negotiate the days I worked since I had another job first.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overland Park, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2011.

Interview Details – Simple Quick Interview in the Food Court.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you were dealing with a lot of problems at once, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They tell you what your salary is.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – Talked to the Manager when I handed in my application and scheduled an interview a week later. It was rather short. Asked basic questions about past work experiences, etc. Was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Question – What was the biggest mistake you've ever made at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, gave me the pay and hours, and I was given the option to accept or decline.

Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – i went in to turn in my applacation and she set up an interview right on the spot. i came in a couple day later for an interview that lasted about 15 minuites.

Interview Question – She barely asked me any questions the only one i remember was why do you want to work here   View Answer

Reason for Declining – not enough hours

Troy, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and as soon as I turned it in the assistant manager asked me if I could come in the next day for an interview which took about half an hour. She was very stern and serious about the work but also was laughing and smiling. I was 16 when I was hired, during the interview she asked about my references and my work experience including volunteer work. She asked me questions about what I'd do in hypothetical situations, asked about my favorite/least favorite teachers in school, my favorite stores to buy from, if I could comply with company dress code, etc.

A couple days later I was called asking to come in for an interview with the head manager who asked me way fewer questions and basically explained the policies and the job description to me and answered and questions I had. She called all of my references and even though my past employer hated me and gave me a negative review (which I expected because he hated me from day 1 when the manager of his store hired me), she still hired me for the season which became a permanent position.

I came in and filled out paperwork such as an employee training manual, watched a few videos, tax and payment forms, etc. (you'll have ear-piercing training some weeks/months later) for an entire 2 hour shift and then began work the day after that.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me what I would do if someone stole from the store. I told her that I'd take the things back and kick them out of the store. She told me that they give no warnings, they immediately call security.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very straight forward, easy. Only thing I didn't like is that I didn't receive any call after the interview whether the answer was yes or no.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Lancaster, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was very easy and stress free.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was mad   View Answer
  • What would you do if you found money on the floor   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me exactly what i wanted

Northville, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2010.

Interview Details – I walked into the store and filled out an application in person, then scheduled an interview when I handed it in. Interviewed with the Assistant Manager, who read questions from a sheet and wrote down my answers. She spoke very little, which in turn made me feel like I was talking too much. I interviewed poorly and was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Claire's Stores

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Claire's Stores Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Claire's Stores employees and interview candidates.