Claire's Stores

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

The Woodlands, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – Not very hard pretty easy going. She just talked to me like she knew me. Ask about my work experience and why I choose to work there. Very easy interviewing process and casual also. I dressed casual it was not a lot of questions. I enjoyed it a lot. Short and strait to the point.

Negotiation Details – I was able negotiate the days I worked since I had another job first.

Overland Park, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2011.

Interview Details – Simple Quick Interview in the Food Court.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you were dealing with a lot of problems at once, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They tell you what your salary is.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – Talked to the Manager when I handed in my application and scheduled an interview a week later. It was rather short. Asked basic questions about past work experiences, etc. Was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Question – What was the biggest mistake you've ever made at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, gave me the pay and hours, and I was given the option to accept or decline.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – i went in to turn in my applacation and she set up an interview right on the spot. i came in a couple day later for an interview that lasted about 15 minuites.

Interview Question – She barely asked me any questions the only one i remember was why do you want to work here   View Answer

Reason for Declining – not enough hours

Troy, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and as soon as I turned it in the assistant manager asked me if I could come in the next day for an interview which took about half an hour. She was very stern and serious about the work but also was laughing and smiling. I was 16 when I was hired, during the interview she asked about my references and my work experience including volunteer work. She asked me questions about what I'd do in hypothetical situations, asked about my favorite/least favorite teachers in school, my favorite stores to buy from, if I could comply with company dress code, etc.

A couple days later I was called asking to come in for an interview with the head manager who asked me way fewer questions and basically explained the policies and the job description to me and answered and questions I had. She called all of my references and even though my past employer hated me and gave me a negative review (which I expected because he hated me from day 1 when the manager of his store hired me), she still hired me for the season which became a permanent position.

I came in and filled out paperwork such as an employee training manual, watched a few videos, tax and payment forms, etc. (you'll have ear-piercing training some weeks/months later) for an entire 2 hour shift and then began work the day after that.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me what I would do if someone stole from the store. I told her that I'd take the things back and kick them out of the store. She told me that they give no warnings, they immediately call security.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very straight forward, easy. Only thing I didn't like is that I didn't receive any call after the interview whether the answer was yes or no.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Lancaster, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was very easy and stress free.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was mad   View Answer
  • What would you do if you found money on the floor   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me exactly what i wanted

Northville, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2010.

Interview Details – I walked into the store and filled out an application in person, then scheduled an interview when I handed it in. Interviewed with the Assistant Manager, who read questions from a sheet and wrote down my answers. She spoke very little, which in turn made me feel like I was talking too much. I interviewed poorly and was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

Central Valley, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2009.

Interview Details – I really didn't have a great experience. I had to reschedule the interview due to a family emergency, and it just seemed like the manager attacked me for it. She made HAD to make sure that I knew she hadn't called out once in the 3+ years she had been working there. She talked the entire time and never let me get a word in edgewise. As for interview candidates, this may have just been one experience for me. Claires may not really be like this, but make sure that you tell them you have no tolerance for stealing when they ask.

Interview Question – What's your take on employees stealing from the company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined because the manager seemed crazy, and I accepted a job somewhere else at a slightly higher pay.

Interviewed at Claire's Stores

Interview Details – One interview with the manager. Just questions about your skills and experience. Mainly what you would be able to do. May ask one or two senario based questions.

Interview Question – What is my weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really negotiated. just told.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Claire's Stores

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Claire's Stores Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Claire's Stores employees and interview candidates.