Claire's Stores

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2014.

The interview was the store. The manager there was nice and straight forward. she does to make sure your jobs are accurate so don't BS. She asks questions about you. do you go to school? You have a open avalibility and etc.

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in September 2014.

I was extremely nervous because this was my first time ever applying to a job. I'm 16 and didn't think they'd hire me due to my lack of experience; however they hired me pretty quickly! I walked into the store to ask for an application and filled it out then returned it within a 15 minute time span. On my way home I got a call from the assistant manager wanting to set up an interview- which ended up being 3 days later. I didn't know what to expect at the interview but I got anxious over nothing! It was a very simple interview, and I felt extremely comfortable answering the questions with the manager- mainly because she turned my answers into conversation, but also because we were in a common area in the mall so it was a comfortable, relaxed environment. The questions were pretty easy and normally I'm slow at coming up with replies but they came naturally during the interview. The next day I got a call telling me that I got the job. Overall, an extremely positive experience!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle having a customer at the piercing station, on the phone, and at the register?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with documentation?   Answer Question
    • When is a time that you helped someone out and proved to be a leader?   Answer Question
    • What it the most complicated project you've ever had and how did you approach it?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about piercing ears?   Answer Question
    • How would you define customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2014.

I walked in on a Monday with a resume & cover letter. My brother was getting his ear pierced & it was just us & the store manager. He mentioned to her that I was job hunting & so the manager asked me if I wanted an application. She also asked a few genereal questions such as, "How's your availability? Have you had any work experience?" Basic stuff like that. I got an app & then turned it in about 15 minutes later. I turned it in along with my resume & cover letter.

Later that day, I got a call to set up an interview the following Wednesday. Wednesday came around & I met with the District Manager. She asked me about myself, why I didn't have any prior work experience, why I want to work at Claire's, and how I felt about ear piercing. She also mentioned that there is a dress code, which is basically each employee has to wear at least five accessories to display the products. She asked how I felt about being a store manager, but I answered with how since I had no prior work experience, I would prefer to start out with sales associate & then when I'm comfortable, become a manager. She liked my honesty. Afterwards, she said they'll call no later than Monday.

Friday afternoon comes & I get a call from the store manager saying I got the job! So yeah c:

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about ear piercing?   Answer Question
    • If I called this person you listed as a reference, what would they say about you?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Claire's?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Very easy. General retail experience questions, "what-if" questions, questions about past employment and what you liked and didnt like. Keep positive and peppy and you will be fine. First few days are learning register and general company know-how. Everyone will have to learn to do ear piercings though even if you are under 18, so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had someone on the phone, an ear piercing, and a customer at the checkout and you are alone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

I turned in my application on June 23rd, got a call later on in the day to schedule a interview the next day. The hiring manager was very friendly and made me comfortable. The interview process was a breeze and the questions were typical interview questions such as the starter "tell me about yourself." Overall it was a great experience !!!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you are alone, have someone at piercing station, someone at the counter and the phone is ringing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2013.

Not very hard pretty easy going. She just talked to me like she knew me. Ask about my work experience and why I choose to work there. Very easy interviewing process and casual also. I dressed casual it was not a lot of questions. I enjoyed it a lot. Short and strait to the point.

I was able negotiate the days I worked since I had another job first.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Talked to the Manager when I handed in my application and scheduled an interview a week later. It was rather short. Asked basic questions about past work experiences, etc. Was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you've ever made at work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, gave me the pay and hours, and I was given the option to accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2013.

i went in to turn in my applacation and she set up an interview right on the spot. i came in a couple day later for an interview that lasted about 15 minuites.

Interview Questions
    • She barely asked me any questions the only one i remember was why do you want to work here   View Answer

not enough hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2012.

I filled out an application and as soon as I turned it in the assistant manager asked me if I could come in the next day for an interview which took about half an hour. She was very stern and serious about the work but also was laughing and smiling. I was 16 when I was hired, during the interview she asked about my references and my work experience including volunteer work. She asked me questions about what I'd do in hypothetical situations, asked about my favorite/least favorite teachers in school, my favorite stores to buy from, if I could comply with company dress code, etc.

A couple days later I was called asking to come in for an interview with the head manager who asked me way fewer questions and basically explained the policies and the job description to me and answered and questions I had. She called all of my references and even though my past employer hated me and gave me a negative review (which I expected because he hated me from day 1 when the manager of his store hired me), she still hired me for the season which became a permanent position.

I came in and filled out paperwork such as an employee training manual, watched a few videos, tax and payment forms, etc. (you'll have ear-piercing training some weeks/months later) for an entire 2 hour shift and then began work the day after that.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me what I would do if someone stole from the store. I told her that I'd take the things back and kick them out of the store. She told me that they give no warnings, they immediately call security.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2012.

Very straight forward, easy. Only thing I didn't like is that I didn't receive any call after the interview whether the answer was yes or no.