Claire's Stores Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Bristol, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had the interview in the mall food court. The initial interview went well and I was told I would hear back after a few days, over a month later I got a letter saying though I was qualified they wouldn't be offering me a job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Submitted an online application with resume. Emailed district manager. Was called a few days later for an interview. Had an in person interview with the district manager and then she gave me a personality test to take online and then after that I second interview with the regional manager. Overall process was fairly smooth, but semi unorganized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Just a pretty normal interview, definitely was my style which made it flow easily. You know why Claires? Talked about the store, what was the issues & what I would do to handle that. Previous jobs experiences, metrics, that kind of thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a light negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Boston, MA).

Interview

You send in your application or resume, the district manager will phone interview, then in person interview you (sometimes you will also interview with another store manager) and you will interview either on the phone or in person with the regional sales manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan out your day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Start high, they want to pay you the least amount they feel possible.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Wasn't too bad, not too involved. Had to go through initial interview and then on to a phone screening with automated questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really, it was a take it or leave it type

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Took one interview and one reference and hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Depending on who your supervisor is, the interview process is pretty quick and painless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, simple offer and acceptance.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I was recruited by a store manager. Soon after I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview was more like a casual conversation. She had no paper in front of her that she was making notes on. Although after working at the company now for 7 years, the interview process depends on who you get interviewed by. I think most follow a template.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I think they knew what I was making at that time because they had employees that used to work where I was, so they made me a significant offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

You will meet with the DM and go over all regular business acumen and them hace a brief call with the Regional. Make sure you go into the interview dressed with the latest fashion items.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up with the latest trends?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online for the position and received a call back from the District Manager about a week later. She did a pre-screening chat with me on the phone right then- why are you interested in working here, what do you do now, why are you looking to leave your current position, etc. We set up an interview for later that week. The morning of the interview, she contacted me because she had an unexpected problem in one of her stores and offered to reschedule or have me interview with one of the Store Managers who was in charge of training all managers. I said that was fine, so I had a 20 minute interview with another manager. Very basic questions- "Tell me about a time when...." relating to customer service, managing other employees, etc. A couple of days later I interviewed with the DM and it was brief and informal. I had to go online and take a personality test. Then got offered the job.