Claire's Stores Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

1.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2012.

I applied online and got a call back from HR, they set me up to meet with a district manager. We met in the food court and it was a little distracting. Very casual talk. She called later that day and I started 2 days later. later on this guy called

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

You send in your application or resume, the district manager will phone interview, then in person interview you (sometimes you will also interview with another store manager) and you will interview either on the phone or in person with the regional sales manager.

Interview Questions
    Start high, they want to pay you the least amount they feel possible.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Wasn't too bad, not too involved. Had to go through initial interview and then on to a phone screening with automated questions.

Interview Questions
    Not really, it was a take it or leave it type

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Took one interview and one reference and hired

No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Depending on who your supervisor is, the interview process is pretty quick and painless.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, simple offer and acceptance.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2012.

I applied online for the position and received a call back from the District Manager about a week later. She did a pre-screening chat with me on the phone right then- why are you interested in working here, what do you do now, why are you looking to leave your current position, etc. We set up an interview for later that week. The morning of the interview, she contacted me because she had an unexpected problem in one of her stores and offered to reschedule or have me interview with one of the Store Managers who was in charge of training all managers. I said that was fine, so I had a 20 minute interview with another manager. Very basic questions- "Tell me about a time when...." relating to customer service, managing other employees, etc. A couple of days later I interviewed with the DM and it was brief and informal. I had to go online and take a personality test. Then got offered the job.

Store Manager Interview

I was recruited by a store manager. Soon after I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview was more like a casual conversation. She had no paper in front of her that she was making notes on. Although after working at the company now for 7 years, the interview process depends on who you get interviewed by. I think most follow a template.

Interview Questions
    I think they knew what I was making at that time because they had employees that used to work where I was, so they made me a significant offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2010.

a regular retail interview

none

Anonymous Employee  in  Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in September 2010.

I applied online and was contacted by the acting DM who was visiting from another region. After a 2 hour online skills test I was scheduled a phone interview with the RM. We spoke for about a half and hour and a week later I was offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2010.

I submitted a resume via Craig's List and was contacted within a few days. I interviewed with the District Manager first. The interview lasted about an hour, but it was a very friendly interview. She asked me questions about my work experience and habits, but never "grilled" me or put me on the spot. She then set up an interview with me with the store manager who would be training the newly hired manager. That interview was also very friendly and was much shorter, maybe 20 minutes. They seemed more interested in how I handled myself and my team in the past as opposed to giving the "right" answers to standard questions. They also asked a lot of questions about how you handle loss prevention issues, as you have to be comfortable confronting and even detaining shoplifters. Come to the interview fully accessorized (the DM mentioned that I wasn't) and looking trendy, be confident in your abilities and experience and have few good stories of accomplishments, and be prepared to give some examples of how you thwarted shoplifters in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever taken a job and, once you were there, realized you were in way over your head? How did you handle that?   View Answer
    I wasn't given the opportunity to negotiate. This isn't a company that will keep you there until 2am or have you working 80 hours a week, so I feel that my offer was very fair given the store's volume and my prior experience.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!