Claire's Stores

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Third Key Holder

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details – I dropped off an application, they called me a week later and asked me to come in for an interview. The interview with the store manager was pretty simple, she asked some questions but she spent most of the time talking and telling me about the job. At the end of the interview she offered me the position if the district manager approved. So a couple days later I had an interview with the dm, the questions were a little more difficult and mostly behavioral, but still pretty easy.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Deer Park, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2013.

Interview Details – Apps are in person only. My first interview was with the store manager which went fairly well. Since I was inexperienced in management she needed approval from the DM. He was on vacation at the time so another store manager interviewed me. She did not like me (inexperience) but my manager pushed to have the DM interview me.
They ask pretty much all the same questions and have a sheet in front of them.

Interview Question – What do you like from a retail experience (as a customer)
and
What have you done when a coworker was dishonest.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. I asked for 10/hr but since it is a tiny store and im inexperienced they could only do 9/hr.

Albuquerque, NM

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very quick, basic questions about customers and handling money
Manager was busy with other things did a in store interview while others were around and called me back the very next day hiring me as a sales associate. Manager started me on black Friday with no training or prep for the day.

Interview Question – What would you do with a mother who got their baby's ears pierced and one fell out but they blamed you or the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as I was hired as a sales associate

East Peoria, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2012.

Interview Details – Why Claires?

Interview Question – Most difficult customer experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2012.

Interview Details – They will interview you in person with manager, over the phone with DSM, computer test involving mathematic equations and psych questions, get a callback if you pass all within a month

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at work when you overcame a challenging situation and how you did it? You are in the store alone and have the phone ringing, an ear piercing in progress and someone at the register, which do you do first and how do you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation - rate I set unless you take chance of DSM going to corporate for approval of more per hour

Third Key Holder

I applied in-person and interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – Claire's is always looking for help since not many people want to put up with the BS for the pay..understandable. But the best way to get reviewed is to drop off an applications at the store. Most stores only hire Third Keys (18+) and seasonally Sales Associates (16+). I got interviewed on the spot (my availability, how i feel about working alone, honesty, dependability..things like this), and was told there was a follow up online quiz. I got my information for the quiz..it took about 30 minutes. The quiz was pretty basic, but had alot of curveball/nonsense questions.

Interview Question – The weirdest question was asked online and it was, If I laugh at jokes about others.   View Answer

Third Key Holder

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – I went in the store to ask for an application and the manager instantly asked me questions before even telling me they were hiring and before handing me an application. Then after I turned it in she had told me that they were only accepting applications and if she still felt I was qualified she would give me a call. It had been a month after I turned in the job app and the manager called me in for an interview. It was group interview and I was being interviewed with only one other person. Both the store manager and assistant manager conducted the interview and it was pretty easy, the questions were basically about past job experience, etc.
After the interview, the manager gave us a password to use for an online survey that she wanted me and the other girl I was interviewed with within 24 hours after this interview. I was told to notify her or the assistant manager after I had taken the survey and she had told me that based off my application, online survey and interview she would give me a call within 2 days if she was interested in offering me a position and I got a call the next day.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Third Key Holder

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – I only had to do one interview, i interview as a possible sales associate but i knew before the store manager that a third key was going to put in her two weeks. so knowing that i knew if i got a job offer it would be for third key. the interview was very basic and laid back.

Interview Question – all the questions we pretty general and basic for an interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the store manager called and asked if i could start as soon as possible as a third key the next day because she just found out that a third key was putting their two weeks in

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – step one is interview with manager
step two theyll make you answer a survey at home

Interview Question – computer too old   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you have no way to negotiate with how you want your schedule to be even though they say they are very flexible in hours.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!