Claire's Stores

Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.0

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

The interview process is very typical and simple. If you've ever been hired for a part-time or retail position then you'll pass with flying colors. They ask you simple questions about theft (internal and external), customer service, and sales.

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

The district manager at the time who spoke to me for the first interview was really nice and friendly. The second interview was with the store manager and it went smoothly. She asked questions based off a sheet of paper she had. Overall it was an easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was when I was asked about how I worked with others in a previous job because I had no previous job to use as an example.   Answer Question

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2014.

The application process was fairly easy. I showed up to the store in the mall and asked for an application. A few days later, I was surprised to receive a call from the store manager for an interview! I was very happy because usually, employers wait for you to call or don't call at all. So, I confirmed my interview and I met up with the manager on a Monday afternoon.

The interview was very laid back; it was conducted right outside of the store on a bench so it wasn't private. I wore a business casual outfit because at Claire's there's no need to show up in a full suit. The manager was surprised at how much I knew about the company (I really wanted this job because Claire's was my spot when I was younger lol), so that was a plus for me. She asked me regular interview questions such as my availability, my personality, do I have transportation, why I want the job, and why they should hire me, etc. Also, I was told that you're allowed to wear piercings since it's a jewelry shop but they still want you to be presentable since the main customers are young women and little girls.

Towards the end of the interview, she gave me a slip that included a website to go on to finalize the application process in order to be hired. Unfortunately, the website wasn't working. So I called the store and found out that all of the other applicants had the same problem. The manager proceeded to tell me that they would call corporate to sort out the issue (she sounded annoyed but I understood why). She told me she was going to call back after the issue was fixed. I did not receive a call back and was a bit disappointed because my interview went really well. A few weeks later, I went back to the website just to check if it was fixed; it was not. I would've called them back but I didn't want to annoy them. So I kind of just blew it off. It seems like situations like this happens to me with every interview I have for retail jobs. *sighs*

So, overall everything went pretty well except for the final process to be hired. Every time I walk pass Claire's, I see new employees in there and wish it were me. It would have been the perfect side job because they were willing to work with my schedule and it was close to where I live.

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Claire's is always looking for help since not many people want to put up with the BS for the pay..understandable. But the best way to get reviewed is to drop off an applications at the store. Most stores only hire Third Keys (18+) and seasonally Sales Associates (16+). I got interviewed on the spot (my availability, how i feel about working alone, honesty, dependability..things like this), and was told there was a follow up online quiz. I got my information for the quiz..it took about 30 minutes. The quiz was pretty basic, but had alot of curveball/nonsense questions.

Interview Questions
    • The weirdest question was asked online and it was, If I laugh at jokes about others.   View Answer

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

I went in the store to ask for an application and the manager instantly asked me questions before even telling me they were hiring and before handing me an application. Then after I turned it in she had told me that they were only accepting applications and if she still felt I was qualified she would give me a call. It had been a month after I turned in the job app and the manager called me in for an interview. It was group interview and I was being interviewed with only one other person. Both the store manager and assistant manager conducted the interview and it was pretty easy, the questions were basically about past job experience, etc.
    After the interview, the manager gave us a password to use for an online survey that she wanted me and the other girl I was interviewed with within 24 hours after this interview. I was told to notify her or the assistant manager after I had taken the survey and she had told me that based off my application, online survey and interview she would give me a call within 2 days if she was interested in offering me a position and I got a call the next day.

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

I only had to do one interview, i interview as a possible sales associate but i knew before the store manager that a third key was going to put in her two weeks. so knowing that i knew if i got a job offer it would be for third key. the interview was very basic and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • all the questions we pretty general and basic for an interview   Answer Question
    the store manager called and asked if i could start as soon as possible as a third key the next day because she just found out that a third key was putting their two weeks in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2013.

Apps are in person only. My first interview was with the store manager which went fairly well. Since I was inexperienced in management she needed approval from the DM. He was on vacation at the time so another store manager interviewed me. She did not like me (inexperience) but my manager pushed to have the DM interview me.
    They ask pretty much all the same questions and have a sheet in front of them.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like from a retail experience (as a customer)
      and
      What have you done when a coworker was dishonest.

Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation. I asked for 10/hr but since it is a tiny store and im inexperienced they could only do 9/hr.

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2012.

I dropped off an application, they called me a week later and asked me to come in for an interview. The interview with the store manager was pretty simple, she asked some questions but she spent most of the time talking and telling me about the job. At the end of the interview she offered me the position if the district manager approved. So a couple days later I had an interview with the dm, the questions were a little more difficult and mostly behavioral, but still pretty easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2012.

They will interview you in person with manager, over the phone with DSM, computer test involving mathematic equations and psych questions, get a callback if you pass all within a month

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time at work when you overcame a challenging situation and how you did it? You are in the store alone and have the phone ringing, an ear piercing in progress and someone at the register, which do you do first and how do you handle it?   View Answer
    no negotiation - rate I set unless you take chance of DSM going to corporate for approval of more per hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2012.

Why Claires?

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult customer experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question