Claire's Stores

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sevierville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in April 2011.

Interview Details – First, when I went to the store to ask if they were hiring, I was handed a small application on a little card (kind of like an interest card which I later found out some managers give out to just the people they don't really think fit the position available- not always the case, though) I was called maybe a day or two later by the store manager to set up an interview. Very basic everyday questions- Tell me about a time, why Claire's?, etc. (Although, when I was part of interviews in the future with the company, we had the applicant go in the store with a basket and pick out some matching accessories for an outfit that they would wear). Next, I was told to go home & do an online application/questionnaire and to call back when finished. (What happens here is you fill it out & when finished the manager/asm will call an automated hotline, which will then tell the manager if the applicant was 1) not recommended for the position 2) needs further review or 3) recommended for the position. 1- They can't hire you. 2- (I'm assuming this is what I got) They need approval of the DM or 3- They can go ahead and hire you. Because of the nature of my results, I received a phone interview with the District Manager. She asked me a lot of questions that were asked in the first interview, plus a lot of why Claire's? Do you see yourself as a fashion forward individual? What's a trend that you like? And then told me all the perks of the job - and what could happen if I went full time. She asked if I could see myself working with Claire's. It was literally the least stressful phone interview I've ever had. Next thing, the store manager called back with my schedule!

Interview Question – There really weren't any!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was only my second job ever. Definitely try to negotiate your pay and amount of hours/days you will be able to work weekly.

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out an application in store, call after a few days to make sure they looked at it. Sometimes associates just toss them in the drawer. Come in for face to face interview with store manager, then wait for a phone call. Get hired, train for a few weeks at sales associate pay, then take the "key turn" test either over the phone or face to face with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when the registers freeze and there are customers in the store?   View Answer
  • What is the youngest age we will do a double piercing on a child?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary/hourly pay is not negotiable. Every volume has a system, busier the store, more you get paid.

Stamford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2013.

Interview Details – 3 stages is your application makes it through you can expect a online questionnaire if that is passed you can expect a phone interview with the district manager

Interview Question – would you be comfortable deterring theft?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no wasn't even really told what i was getting paid till after 1 week of working

Very Easy Interview

Third Key

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in to ask for an application. She told me to fill it out and come back. Manager interviewed me 5 minutes later. We stood outside the store and she asked about shoplifting and working and my availability. The interview took about 15 minutes. She then called my references and called me 30 minutes later to say I was hired.

Interview Question – If your friend was in the store and they shoplifted, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Muskogee, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2011.

Interview Details – The process was extremely fast and easy. The manager was really friendly and made me feel extremley comfortable the whole time. She asked a bunch of questions that dealt with my personality, strengths, and weakness and were I would feel most comfortable being positioned.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult at all especially if you have worked in retail before and just focuses on your past experiences with other employers   Answer Question

White Plains, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2013.

Interview Details – Had a group interview with the District Manager it was okay not very hard but since its in a group each person says almost the same exact answer.

Interview Question – No difficulty just know that you are expected to pierce ears with no prior knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation they tell you what you will get paid the starting for a third key is 8.75.

Greenville, NC

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – Asked general interview questions: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time when you've had to deal with an unhappy customer. Tell me about the longest day you've had to work. Things like that. I was told that it was a face paced environment. Didn't say anything about ear piercing. Reviewed the dress code. Then I was told to go online and fill out a survey.

Interview Question – Where do you think you learned your multitasking?   Answer Question

Lincoln, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was called by the store manager for an in-person interview. It was your typical behavior type questions plus a lot about customer service experience. Then they made me take this online assessment which seemed never ending. Stupid thing ever, it was all about personality. They never called me so I called to make sure they received it and it turned out they didn't so I had to fill out that hour-long online survey AGAIN. Then the district manager wanted a further interview with me, but I declined that interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered another retail job and I read about how much that position sucks. I was also angry that they put me through all that work of interviews for just a low paying part time job.

Third Key

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details – I got hired within a week. Including both interviews being done.

Interview Question – They were all easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do you have a job? You should apply here!

Third Key

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was set up for an interview on site (Claire's is looking for a certain "look") by the Store Manager, and called back a week and a half later for a second interview. I was then interviewed by both the Store Manager and the District Manager. Both interviews took about an hour, most of the interviews consisting of explaining the job they wanted done, and asking if I was ok with what was being asked.

Interview Questions

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!