Claire's Stores Third Key Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.4

Third Key Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

it was easy, light, not a lot of hounding but the basics. It was more intimate in a way, it was open and friendly not a strict calculated way of question asking.

Interview Questions

• what are three strengths you have?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Third Key Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores (White Plains, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Had a group interview with the District Manager it was okay not very hard but since its in a group each person says almost the same exact answer.

Interview Questions

• No difficulty just know that you are expected to pierce ears with no prior knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation they tell you what you will get paid the starting for a third key is 8.75.

Third Key Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Stamford, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

3 stages is your application makes it through you can expect a online questionnaire if that is passed you can expect a phone interview with the district manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no wasn't even really told what i was getting paid till after 1 week of working

Third Key Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Fill out an application in store, call after a few days to make sure they looked at it. Sometimes associates just toss them in the drawer. Come in for face to face interview with store manager, then wait for a phone call. Get hired, train for a few weeks at sales associate pay, then take the "key turn" test either over the phone or face to face with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when the registers freeze and there are customers in the store?   1 Answer
    • What is the youngest age we will do a double piercing on a child?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary/hourly pay is not negotiable. Every volume has a system, busier the store, more you get paid.

Third Key Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2012.

Interview

I walked in to ask for an application. She told me to fill it out and come back. Manager interviewed me 5 minutes later. We stood outside the store and she asked about shoplifting and working and my availability. The interview took about 15 minutes. She then called my references and called me 30 minutes later to say I was hired.

Interview Questions

• If your friend was in the store and they shoplifted, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Third Key Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Greenville, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

Asked general interview questions: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time when you've had to deal with an unhappy customer. Tell me about the longest day you've had to work. Things like that. I was told that it was a face paced environment. Didn't say anything about ear piercing. Reviewed the dress code. Then I was told to go online and fill out a survey.

Third Key Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Muskogee, OK) in July 2011.

Interview

The process was extremely fast and easy. The manager was really friendly and made me feel extremley comfortable the whole time. She asked a bunch of questions that dealt with my personality, strengths, and weakness and were I would feel most comfortable being positioned.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult at all especially if you have worked in retail before and just focuses on your past experiences with other employers   Answer Question

Third Key Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores (Lincoln, NE) in November 2010.

Interview

I was called by the store manager for an in-person interview. It was your typical behavior type questions plus a lot about customer service experience. Then they made me take this online assessment which seemed never ending. Stupid thing ever, it was all about personality. They never called me so I called to make sure they received it and it turned out they didn't so I had to fill out that hour-long online survey AGAIN. Then the district manager wanted a further interview with me, but I declined that interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

I was offered another retail job and I read about how much that position sucks. I was also angry that they put me through all that work of interviews for just a low paying part time job.

Third Key Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

I got hired within a week. Including both interviews being done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do you have a job? You should apply here!

Third Key Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2010.

Interview

I was set up for an interview on site (Claire's is looking for a certain "look") by the Store Manager, and called back a week and a half later for a second interview. I was then interviewed by both the Store Manager and the District Manager. Both interviews took about an hour, most of the interviews consisting of explaining the job they wanted done, and asking if I was ok with what was being asked.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the situation of an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where something was stolen?   Answer Question