Claire's Stores Third Keyholder Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Third Keyholder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

I walked into the store and asked the manager if they were currently hiring. She asked me a little about my past work experiences and if I had ever worked retail, which I have. She then gave me an application and told me to bring it in by 5pm that day. I went to the food court and filled the application out completely, brought it back to her. She glanced over it and asked if I could come in for an interview two days later. I said sure! When I got to the interview I was interviewed by the DM and the Assistant Manager, they were both pretty great people. They asked scenario questions, a lot of questions about how I feel comfortable being in the store alone, and how I would sale to different age groups. A few days later they called and offered me the Third Keyholder/manager type position.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were difficult because I've worked in retail before.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2012.

I had two interviews. one with the district manager and one with the store manager.
    I was hired very fast.
    promised things in my interview that i never recieved

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2011.

Short - about 5 min.

Was a little shocked at the pay but needed a job.

Third Keyholder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2012.

Interviewed one on one with store manager and DSM

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation in which there are rumors of an employee stealing merchandise or money?   View Answer

Third Keyholder Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores in October 2010.

Interviewed by store manager and district manager on the same day. I stopped into the store one afternoon after I had been requested to submit my availabilty. The store manager and district manager decided that this would be a good time to do an interview. Both were insistant the interview be held at that particular time so the district manager would not have to suffer the inconvience of a thirty minute drive.

Third Keyholder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2010.

I went into the Claire's store at my mall and asked if they were hiring. I got a yes, an application, and a pen. I sat down by the ear piercing station and filled out my app then handed it to the sales associate since the manager had disappeared.

Less than a week later I got a call saying that they had looked over my app and would like to come in for an interview. The interview was set up promptly (it was scheduled for 2 days after the phone call).

I went for the interview, and it was with the assistant manager. She was extremely nice, and as per usual, we sat, and she asked questions and took notes while I answered. There were probably about 20 questions ranging from describing a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to if you have experience with loss prevention and planograms.

At the end of the interview, the assistant manager said, "Well I think you would fit in well here, the next step is to take an online survey and after that, a phone interview with the district manager"...and then, after I asked how long the whole process generally takes she said the DM will be in her office all day Monday so I should hear from her early next week and that as soon as they get the okay from her they'll want me to start.

Oh, and what's even better is that although I applied to be a regular sales associate, they are considering me for the 3rd keyholder position!

My advice is:

- Only apply if you have retail experience -- it was evident that that matters a lot for the company!
    - Be confident
    - Be outgoing and friendly

Interview Questions
    • Have you given any suggestions in the workplace to improve the environment? (Or something like that).   Answer Question