Clarity Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engagement Engineer Interview

Engagement Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Clarity Consulting in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is very straightforward. I had two phone screens (Out-of-state procedure) which attempting to get an idea of my experience. No more than an hour a piece. They flew me into Chicago for an all day interview once I was screened. The day of interviews was pretty grueling just due to the fact that I had to answer similar questions for 4 sets of people. Most questions were geared towards work experience, language favorites, when was a certain pattern appropriate, etc. The final interview is with an executive. This varies wildly so you really have to just adjust to each personality. They made a decision in two business days.

Interview Question – Honestly, dealing with the similar questions while maintaining enthusiasm was the most difficult part of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a call by the recruiter and then he confirmed the offer by an email. The email outlined base pay, shares, and start date.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Clarity Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – I happened across Clarity by chance, thought it looked cool, and submitted my resume on a whim. I got an email response the next day (wow!) to set up an initial phone screen with the recruiter. I had one more phone screen with a consultant, and then they flew me out to Chicago for an on-site interview. It took about half a day and consisted of three interviews (two with consultants, one with a partner). All in all, it was very straightforward and they were very prompt as far as communicating with me. They weren't too focused on those tricky tech/coding questions you get in a lot of interviews for software jobs. It was more focused on project experience, teamwork experience, and general software understanding.

Interview Question – Describe your biggest project and what the experience was like.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Clarity Consulting in March 2008.

Interview Details – In depth discussions with internal team, hiring manager, owner of company. Very friendly and open to suggestions and insights. Smaller company with individuals that have a long history at the company.

Interview Question – How has your past experience prepared you for this particular position. What are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Worked for Clarity Consulting? Contribute to the Community!