Clarity Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Clarity Systems in June 2009.

Interview Details – they asked fairly dumb questions. Nothing really related to the job description. It was obvious they needed people so interview was short.

Interview Question – How would you describe your experience as related to this job?   View Answer

Project Lead Interview

Project Lead
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Clarity Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interviews with internal HR, in person interview with director, phone interview with tech lead, phone interview with VP, in person interview with director.

Interview Questions

• What is the benefits of a snow flake over star schema?   View Answer
  • What is the cross join result for 2 10 row tables.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited and quick.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clarity Systems in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview was initial - nothing out of an ordinary HR interview. behavioural questions are common as well as situational questions.

in person interview: 1 HR manager and 1 Services manager interviewed me. Very laid back guys. Asked a few technical questions but their motive was for the candidate to demonstrate learning potential and people skills.

Got the offer about 4 days later and accepted a low salary offer due to the falling economy at the time.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you encountered during a project and the steps you took to resolve it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clarity Systems in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview then I was brought in for an interview with the team lead where I was tested with scenarios. Once I passed that part, they brought in a Manager to interview

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current role?   Answer Question

Services Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clarity Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initially the process went smoothly... I received an email, spoke to HR, and a senior VP and finally setup a face-to-face meeting. All within 3 weeks.

Interview Question – They kept insisting on knowing the breakdown of my current compensation plan.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – What bothered me was that they kept insisting on knowing the breakdown of my current base salary vs incentive compensation. When I explained that it's all about total compensation they were quite indignant.

Not to mention, the position I was applying for seemed to have 2 different titles; which they said were interchangeable. But, the travel requirements, job descriptions, and responsibilities for both were quite different.

Ultimately, they made me an offer; which I refused - partly because I was insulted that the offer was less than I'm making now - and because that they somehow thought I should be grateful just to come and work for them.

Overall, I felt like they were playing games and just wanted to gather market info on my current employer.

To add insult to injury, when I showed up for the face-to-face interview to meet with several vp's, they were all wearing jeans and t-shirts... which tells me that they don't really care about their company's image, and that they're not really true professionals.

It just seemed too much like a Mickey mouse operation to me - no insult to Mickey intended!

Professional Services Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clarity Systems in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by junior technical folks for a senior non-technical position.

Interview Question – technical   View Answer

Professional Services Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Clarity Systems in July 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring manager was very direct and knowledgeable. He knew exactly what he wanted to see in new employee. He acted very fast in following up with me, once I past telephone prescreening interview. I liked his enthusiasm and his vision of the company, he was clear on what is expected of me and I felt comfortable during the whole F2F interview.
After I accepted an offer (did not even negotiate…he gave me what I have asked) and joined Clarity Systems, the environment was everything I was told.
Overall, I liked the dynamics and assertiveness of Clarity management team.
The company is very young and diverse. Fast paced, which I like.

Interview Question – What makes you better than any other candidate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Was given salary I've asked

Very Easy Interview

Consultant

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clarity Systems in June 2008.

Interview Details – 1st interview: phone with HR, 2nd interview on the phone with HR, 3rd interview in person with technical lead and hr

Interview Question – What is OLAP   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Good, they were open negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Clarity Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clarity Systems interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Clarity Systems employees and interview candidates.