Clarity Systems

Clarity Systems Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clarity Systems

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clarity Systems in March 2010.

I had a phone interview then I was brought in for an interview with the team lead where I was tested with scenarios. Once I passed that part, they brought in a Manager to interview

Services Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clarity Systems in February 2010.

Initially the process went smoothly... I received an email, spoke to HR, and a senior VP and finally setup a face-to-face meeting. All within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They kept insisting on knowing the breakdown of my current compensation plan.   View Answer

What bothered me was that they kept insisting on knowing the breakdown of my current base salary vs incentive compensation. When I explained that it's all about total compensation they were quite indignant.

Not to mention, the position I was applying for seemed to have 2 different titles; which they said were interchangeable. But, the travel requirements, job descriptions, and responsibilities for both were quite different.

Ultimately, they made me an offer; which I refused - partly because I was insulted that the offer was less than I'm making now - and because that they somehow thought I should be grateful just to come and work for them.

Overall, I felt like they were playing games and just wanted to gather market info on my current employer.

To add insult to injury, when I showed up for the face-to-face interview to meet with several vp's, they were all wearing jeans and t-shirts... which tells me that they don't really care about their company's image, and that they're not really true professionals.

It just seemed too much like a Mickey mouse operation to me - no insult to Mickey intended!

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clarity Systems in January 2010.

Phone interviews with internal HR, in person interview with director, phone interview with tech lead, phone interview with VP, in person interview with director.

Interview Questions
    • What is the benefits of a snow flake over star schema?   View Answer
    • What is the cross join result for 2 10 row tables.   View Answer
    Limited and quick.

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clarity Systems in December 2009.

Interviewed by junior technical folks for a senior non-technical position.

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Clarity Systems in July 2009.

The hiring manager was very direct and knowledgeable. He knew exactly what he wanted to see in new employee. He acted very fast in following up with me, once I past telephone prescreening interview. I liked his enthusiasm and his vision of the company, he was clear on what is expected of me and I felt comfortable during the whole F2F interview.
    After I accepted an offer (did not even negotiate…he gave me what I have asked) and joined Clarity Systems, the environment was everything I was told.
    Overall, I liked the dynamics and assertiveness of Clarity management team.
    The company is very young and diverse. Fast paced, which I like.

Did not negotiate. Was given salary I've asked

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clarity Systems in June 2009.

they asked fairly dumb questions. Nothing really related to the job description. It was obvious they needed people so interview was short.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your experience as related to this job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clarity Systems in January 2009.

Phone interview was initial - nothing out of an ordinary HR interview. behavioural questions are common as well as situational questions.

in person interview: 1 HR manager and 1 Services manager interviewed me. Very laid back guys. Asked a few technical questions but their motive was for the candidate to demonstrate learning potential and people skills.

Got the offer about 4 days later and accepted a low salary offer due to the falling economy at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you encountered during a project and the steps you took to resolve it.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clarity Systems in June 2008.

1st interview: phone with HR, 2nd interview on the phone with HR, 3rd interview in person with technical lead and hr

Interview Questions
    Good, they were open negotiation