Clark Construction Group

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.6

Office Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Clark Construction Group.

Dropped off resume at campus career fair and was contacted a few days later about interviewing in Bethesda. Flew me out and paid for hotel. Interview was half-day in the office and half-day visiting a construction site. Told me I would hear within 2 weeks of interview date and that's exactly when I heard.

Interview Questions
    • Why Clark? Why construction? How would you deal with a subcontractor who delivered the wrong parts?   Answer Question

Still deciding

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in November 2014.

I applied on Clark's website & my college's job posting website. I got an e-mail to sign up for on-site interview. It was easy; a couple hours of 20-min interviews with employees only a few years older usually. Basic questions about why I want to work in construction, why I chose my major, why I chose my school, possibly a couple behavioral questions were asked.

Afterwards, I went on a job site tour and got to talk to some on-site employees.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about other companies I was considering for full-time (was just a curious interviewer, I'm sure)   View Answer

Office Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in November 2014.

I applied through University career fair and had a telephone interview and visited Maryland office for the second round. The interview was a day long process half in the office and half on the field. Took two weeks to get a reply.

Still Deciding

Entry Level Interview

I met Clark's representatives at an engineering career fair at my university and I was offered an on campus interview. The interviewer was very nice and easy going. We chatted for 30 mins about my experiences and graduate studies. I was then called for an on-site interview at Bethesda. I'm having this interview soon.

Office Engineer Interview

I had a pre-interview meeting with Clark. Was an informal conversation. Felt very comfortable but my lack of experience was clearly issue. The meeting was held at my university and I received a response two weeks later about the outcome of my interview.

Office Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in October 2014.

Clark's interview process is great introduction into the company. I interviewed with several other candidates as part of a recruiting weekend. They split us into two groups, one group toured a job site first and then came back for one on one interviews, that second group did the opposite. We all met for lunch in between. The job site tour was really great, and gave me a much better idea of what Clark employees do day to day when they're in the field. Three of the project managers led the tour and we were able to ask a lot of detailed questions.
    When we came back for lunch we were greeted by a few upper level managers who ate with us to have a casual conversation. Again, this allowed me to ask more questions about Clark and learn more about the company.
    There were three one on one interviews with various members of team Clark who worked in different parts of the company. The interviews all lasted about 45 minutes and were all fairly casual. The questions were all more behavioral and personal rather than technical. They also opened time for me to ask them questions.
    Overall the process was very informative, I got to know the company as well as the company got to know me, which I appreciated. It was a very long day, and by the end I was very tired, but it was a good experience and a great interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were very few "difficult" questions. They ranged from "why Clark?" and "why construction management?" to "tell me about what you do outside of class." All straightforward and fairly easy to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in October 2014.

In my experience with them, there were two rounds of interviews for the Office Engineer position. After stopping at their table at the career fair, they invited me to come interview with them on campus the next day. Within two weeks, they invited me to come up to their headquarters in Bethesda. They day at Bethesda was split into two portions; interviewing in the morning and a construction site tour in the afternoon with lunch in between.

The interview questions were all behavioral ie. why construction, why Clark

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself 10 years down the road from now?   View Answer

Office Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Clark Construction Group in September 2014.

Clark came to my campus to hold an information session as well as attend our career fair. Upon giving them my resume at the career fair, I was contacted later that day for an interview the next day. They called back a lot of people to interview. The interview itself was not very challenging. It was mostly a conversation of my experience with construction and my activities on campus inside and outside of class. At the end of the interview, my interviewer said "I'm showing you my cards here, but I'm going to push you through to come down to our office in Bethesda (their HQ)." I just received a confirmation this week that I will be going down to Bethesda for a second round!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clark Construction Group.

The college recruiting process was very engaging. If the position was for a job site, the engineering background if very important. If it was for an office position in finance, the development group, or legal, recruiters wanted very intelligent college candidate with some background to real estate, construction, finance, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining why Clark will add to my career, and I can add to the organization, when my educational background did not fit the typical mold. I was not an engineer and had to sell myself from several different perspectives   Answer Question
    Clark refused to negotiate the campus hire offer.

However, 3 years later when i was offered what was a phenomenal position for the business and industry, which required me to me half way across the country for 5 years, the negotiation process was not an open and communicative process. It was very stressful. I was not provided basic terms about the position or even if it was a promotion or lateral move. When I forced the questions after several months of talks, I was told to look for a new job if I believe I am worth more. I left the first 3 weeks later after receiving offers from all their top competitors.

I believe that was a unique situation and a result of one individual who has been with the firm for years, did not get the C-Level position he deserved, he did not grow as the firm grew and thus the firm out-grew him. When I announced why I was leaving the CFO, CAO, and Deputy General Counsel (all of whom I worked for) personally apologized for the gentlemen's behavior. I would go back to Clark if the opportunity was right. Loved it there.

Office Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group.

The interview lasted 4 hours. I got to meet many professionals each in a one-on-one format. There was no meal offered during the interview, which made things a little less nerve-wracking. There were mostly behavioral type questions, and we talked about my previous experience. They called the next week to offer employment. They are a great group of professionals working for an amazing company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I had taken any LEED certification exams.   Answer Question