Clark Construction Group Interview Questions in Oakland, CA

Updated Jul 15, 2015

4.0

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Oakland, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It took them 3 months to go through the whole process—from acceptance of the application materials to disclosing their decision. I interviewed with 4 individuals—not exactly a panel, since we all sat around a very large table. Each asked follow-up questions to my answers to the main interviewer's questions. I provided additional copies of my résumé, as all but one of the interviewers had a copy. They maintained a neutral affect during most of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your interest in the field of construction management. Describe your interest in the internship. What do you bring to the position?   1 Answer

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Oakland, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

The overall interview process was positive. My initial interview happened after a referral at an industry event which resulted in a 3 hour dinner with a Project Manager. After the dinner, I later interviewed with the human resource department, who then lined up an entire day of interviews at the headquarters in Washington DC. After the interview process, the communications between myself and HR went cold and I didn't hear anything back. I then utilized my initial connections to get HR's attention to issue an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• How will your line of study be of value to the company in the field? What would you say to someone if they didn't want you working for them because of your line of study?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time I received the offer, leverage to negotiate was very slim due to the economy. However, I feel I received a fair offer due to the fact that I had an exact same offer from a competitor.