Clark County School District Teacher Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

I was hired and placed through Teach For America. This involved being admitted to Teach For America, attending a hiring fair, and being interviewed by multiple CCSD employees. The interview questions were mostly "fit" questions and the interviewers were all HS & district administrators. It was a round-robin style interview. I spoke with two principals, one assistant princicpal, and one CCSD supervisor.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Clark County School District

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2012.

Interview

I met with the assistant principal during summer break. Another teacher I knew referred me to this position. We talked for about 30 minutes. Some of the other questions were: where do you see yourself in 5 years, how do you plan to insure student learning, how are you at working with a group or team and what is the most difficult situation you have ever dealt with in a classroom, and how did you handle it.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to handle difficult students?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Teacher salary schedules are set in Nevada.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with principal and vice principal on site and answered questions about training and experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NM) in May 2008.

Interview

As with any large district the task was daunting. Many phases and hoop to jump through

Interview Questions

• when did you know you wanted to become a teacher?   Answer Question
    • do you have any questions for me? (several times)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not, Teachers are generally paid on a scale based on years worked and education.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overton, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Clark County School District (Overton, NV) in May 2008.

Interview

The principal was already familiar with me. He had many recommendations to hire me from other people. The only question was if I wanted the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a standard teacher salary. There is no negotiating, you just take what they offer.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Clark County School District in May 2009.

Interview

It was a transfer so I put in for transfer then received a phone call but I was out of town so we did a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• In what areas have you had difficulties?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving current employment?   1 Answer