Clark Nexsen Architecture

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clark Nexsen Architecture

Seniopr Plumbing Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Clark Nexsen Architecture.

Sent in my resume on line. Phone interview for person interview

Intern Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Clark Nexsen Architecture in March 2012.

Very corporate process for selecting candidates, with an interesting anonomous portfiolio evaluation systyem. Long waits of 4-6 weeks or more for information on selection. However, once the interview came, it was very low pressure and somewhat informal. Only one in person interview was required, and it was apparent the portfolio + resume review process pretty much decides who will get the offer, assuming the in-person interview isnt't a wreck.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Very typical. It seems that personality and ability to communicate are a priority.   Answer Question
    It was done over the phone, and seemed inflexible for this level of position. However, it was a substantially more generous offer than multiple others for the same position type to begin with.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clark Nexsen Architecture in June 2008.

I was recommended by a former employee that moved to Clark Nexsen and initially had an interview with the Director of Marketing and then the President of the company. Clark Nexsen had an excellent reputation for their benefits, culture and at the higher end of the scale for compensation. I learned very quickly after speaking with the president of the company and learning about the culture and the company as well as benefits their reputation held true. They put a lot of weight into personality testing and education about the same. They have a person on staff that administers the Myers-Briggs test, evaluates your answers, provides seminars to then explain the results to new employees. In addition, they do team building exercises, etc. within departments to promote a cohesive environment. CN is a very employee oriented company not only with benefits but with promoting a healthy balance between work and home. Overall, just an excellent company to work for.

Unfortunately when I interviewed for the position I would say I was not very savy with salary negotiations. I did ask for a much higher salary than I was making at the time figuring I had nothing to lose and actually was given a little more than what I was looking for. Again, kind of reinforcing their reputation of being on the high end of salaries in the area. Advice for others would be to shoot high (especially if you have no real concern of whether you actually get the job) and negotiate as necessary. In general, always a good practice to ask high giving you more room for negotiation.

Worked for Clark Nexsen Architecture? Contribute to the Community!