Clarks Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clarks.

Interview

I walked in with my CV and asked if there were any part-time vacancies. There were vacancies for a summer job and they took my CV. I was then called about a week or two weeks later and we organised an interview for 2 days after that. When I came in the lady was really nice, it was fairly relaxed but a little formal; she took me to a back room and asked me questions and also told me a lot about the company and the role as well. I found it fairly hard, possibly because it was my first interview. I was often put on the spot and took a while to think of my answers but she was completely fine with that and said to take all the time I needed. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some summer trends for shoes this year?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you worked well in a team.   Answer Question
    • Name a time working in a team was hard/frustrating.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when something was not going well for you but you managed to turn it around and make it a success (something like that).   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Clarks in June 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, referred to as a "chat" rather than an interview. Handed in CV, got a call the next day for an interview the following day. Received a call the morning after the interview saying I'd got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about where you've worked?   1 Answer
    • Pick a shoe and describe it   1 Answer

Southend Summer Sales Assistant In Children Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Clarks (Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a massive group interview of over 22 people. I didn't know it was going to be a group interview. I have selective autism and speech problem and got laughed at when I said a word wrong. Then got rejection letter to say I don't meet their requirements even though I have nearly 3 years retail experience!!!!! -_-

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clarks (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I entered the store to hand my CV, got invited to come in 15 mins for an interview and then had a 10 mins interview. During the interview she asked SOLELY things that were written in my CV, which clearly showed she did not read it. Odd.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any retail experience?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clarks (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a few days later informing me of my interview. The interview was a group interview (which I found very horrible!) of about six people. We were sat down in a room and asked to do several tasks including matching shoes and an outfit with a picture of a customer and also what book character you see yourself most like. Overall, the interview was a horrible experience and could not wait to get out. I felt that the whole interview was mainly how well you can work under pressure and take the lead which is something that if you aren't naturally already good at you are doomed and would be a horrid situation to be in.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clarks (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Pop in your CV to the store. Will give you an online test to do. Once you've done the online test and passed. Your called in for a day of work for two hours to trial you. If they think you're ok. You have the job. Very unprofessional. It's a simple role you join whenever you want and leave whenever you want.

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clarks (Washington, North East England, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I walked into store with my CV during Summer assuming they'd be looking for people during the busy period. I handed my CV to the assistant manager and she asked me immediately to attend an interview the following day. I'm assuming they were desperate! I attended the interview wearing simple black trousers, a pink top and natural make up. There was about 7 of us and we sat in the tea room around a table. We were interviewed by the Kids Team Leader while the assistant manager took notes. First we all had to fill in application forms. Then we were asked to introduce ourselves and give an interesting fact. Then we were each handed a shoe and asked how we would sell the shoe to a customer. Most of us said velcro was a benefit for children and then picked up on things such as colour, design etc. They really look at this as this is how they want you to upsell or multisale an extra pair. It only lasted about twenty minutes and we were then free to go. We were told about the pay and (at the time) commision. I was contacted about a week and a half later with an offer. Turns out everyone in my interview got the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this shoe? (Pink girls trainer)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clarks (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Group interview with 5 other people with two managers at the local clarks store. We had to answer questions individually whilst others were listening. We had to pick out a shoe from the store that reflected our personality and why e.g. colourful shoe, glittery, simple yet chic etc... They were aiming to pick 3 girls out of the 6 and I heard the next day that I was successful. The whole experience lasted about a week and the group interview itself lasted half an hour!

Interview Questions

• Got given a picture of a typical customer at Clarks and told to go pick out a shoe that would fit their style and look and why and then attempt to sell it.   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clarks in June 2014.

Interview

Working in a company such as Cube Housing association opens your eyes to the working world, how staff treat each other like relatives, really good working with cube staff members one of the best interns I've had so far.

Sales Assistant/Children's Fitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

Interview

Went into store with my CV, asked the assistant manager if they had an vacancies and she invited me for an interview the following day on the spot. This was just before back to school so I'm not sure whether this is normal procedure but they must have been desperate because she didn't look at my CV until I'd left. The interview was a group interview with about 5 other people. The assistant manager and the Team Leader of the kids department was interviewing. We filled in application forms and then we introduced ourselves and gave a fact about ourselves. Then we were each given a shoe and asked to demonstrate how we would sell the shoe to the customer using features and benefits(sounds scary but they don't expect you to know the full features and benefits, just talk about velcro for younger children, lights, the design etc). Then they asked if we had any questions and we were contacted two days after.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this shoe to the customer?   1 Answer