Clarkston Consulting

Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

They were extremely helpful during the process and made it seem like I had a good chance to go further in the interview process, but they cut me short after one interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Clarkston Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting in October 2014.

The first round interview was great. The interview was very casual. It was supposed to be a behavioral interview but I really believe they just wanted to get to know me. I really felt comfortable which really allowed them to seem me as who I am which is what I believe they were going for.

Interview Questions
    • Here is your resume. What do you want me to know about it? (This pretty much took up our whole 45 minute interview time slot)   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

I was referred to Clarkston by a friend who works there and they called me to offer me an interview within a few days. The first and second round interviews were phone interviews. The people are very sweet and the interview feels more like a conversation, very relaxed. For the final round, they flew me to the headquarters in Durham. The interview was half behavioral/situational and half a short presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the questions were behavioral and situational, so if you know your experiences and resume well, and you look over some situational questions online, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Initially met them at the career fair. Followed up with the guy who I spoke to. Dropped my resume through my University's career website and was offered a first round interview. Not invited for a final round.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Throughout the interview process I felt comfortable. I felt that I was just having a great conversation with the interviews. The people at Clarkston are top notch. The final interview was in the Raliegh office and this interview sold the opportunity for me. The people and culture at Clarkston are a huge reason why I chose this company.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult question, so and so company asked you?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Applied online and had an initial phone screen a few days later. After that I had a phone interview with a consultant, both of which were mostly behavioral. After the two rounds of phone interviews, I was flown down to headquarters in North Carolina for interviews with HR, two consultants, and a managing director, as well as a presentation on why I was ready for a career in consulting to the managing director and one of the consultants. After a day of great interviews, I voiced my situation was time sensitive because I had another offer on the table that would expire the middle of the next week, and was told I would receive feedback within days. Throughout the next week I waited each day for feedback but never got it. When I would email or call to ask where they were in the process, often times my messages would be ignored for many hours, and then they would respond saying they had not made a decision yet and gave me a time in the future when they would get back to me. Eventually I was lied to 5 times on when I would be receiving feedback, but never got any until over a week after they initially said I would be hearing back they told me they were not extending an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting in April 2011.

I was cold called and was interviewed on the spot over the phone. There was a follow up interview with another recruiter. Finally, I flew to San Diego and had three separate interviews in one day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting in October 2010.

As I was interviewing for a position in another region of the country I participated in 2 phone interviews before interviewing with an on campus interviewer.
    During the interview the majority of the questions were related to college invlovement and extra cirriculars rather than academics. To that effect about 3 minutes were spent discussing my academic background and everything else was centered around leadership positions and involvement.
    The interview had a very conversational feel; few notes were taken. A evaluation was filled out after I left. The interviewer was extremely personalble.

While I am dissapointed to say I did not recieve an offer I believe it we for the following reason: I was honest about my extra ciriculars and involvement. As my main extra ciricular is more of a start up than anything and we have yet to place in competion it is in may ways a learning experience for all of us. Apperently, it would have been better to say I was highly involved, and on executive boards of everything I'm in.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working in Los Angeles?   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting in November 2011.

Received initial on campus interview after a recruiting event, and had a great first interview. It was mostly behavioral questions and little to none technical questions. Easily moved on to final rounds interview, where I had to prepare a 5-7mins presentation on why I was prepared for a career in consulting.

Final interviews consisted of interviews with 2 high level consultants and one VP. 2 out of the 3 were fairly tough, with you having to lead the conversation.

Overall experience was really great and they were really professional and welcoming. Didn't get offer, but still enjoyed the opportunity.