Clarkston Consulting Associate Consultant Interview Questions

2.7

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Interview

The interviewing process at Clarkston was one of the most enjoyable I've ever been a part of. They both recruited directly out of my school as well as attended many of my school's employer events. They considered attending those events and meeting with them to be "part of the interviewing process", so be sure to attend those events and get to know the consultants! From my experience, the most important thing to Clarkston is its people. They want to ensure that you are not only smart and driven, but someone they want to bring in as part of their family. To be successful in their interview process, you need to feel like you connect with their consultants on a personal level. The first round of interviews was literally 30-45 minutes of chit chatting about my resume and experiences. It was very relaxed and laid back - essentially 0 formal behavioral interview questions. Again, the interview wanted to make sure that I fit in with her. I was informed that I made it to their final round of interviews which was about 3 hours of back-to-back-to-back-to-back (total of 4) interviews, all culminating with a "Why Clarkston/Why Consulting" presentation to a partner and a manager. Again, all of these interviews were very relaxed and behavioral based. If you know your experiences and your resume and you're comfortable just getting to know these people through a professional chat about your experience and about Clarkston the company, then you will excel here. They also want people to come to interviews PREPARED with questions and knowing information about your interviewers!!! This is HUGE! Overall, a great experience and I am very excited to start work with them soon. The company is going in a great direction.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate. Was happy with the offer, and are allowing me the flexibility to live at home which was great.

Other Interview Reviews for Clarkston Consulting

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Interview

After searching the web for consultant jobs, I stumbled upon this one and applied immediately. Within a couple days I got an e-mail from a recruiter about setting up a phone interview. Shortly after, we had the 1st phone interview and it went well. Very casual conversation. A week later I got a second interview with a Senior Consultant. It still followed the "fit" style from the 1st, asking how my experiences fit into the role and the company. I BODIED that interview, and was invited for the final round in Durham, NC. Got a rental and rode down from VA and interviewed for about 3 hours. Met with my recruiter for a short interview prep. My first round was with a Senior Consultant who actually graduated from the Engineering school at my university! After that I interviewed with another consultant who asked me about any technical acumen I may have, while having lunch. I also gave a short presentation on Why Would I Be a Good Consultant. Finally I met with one of the Partners. His interview was a little more probing, in that I was given scenarios and asked about providing solutions. On a few of answer, my interviewer told me what I said were techniques they actually teach new recruits. Afterwards, he gave me a card, said my goodbyes and thanks, and rode back home. Week and a half later, found out I didn't get the job (not enough spaces left for the summer bootcamp). Overall, great experience though. I felt welcomed and the employees were great to be around.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember, this was last year. I do remember that the interviews were questions geared around finding how well you'd fit with the company and the role you applied for. If you can tailor your experiences and education to that, you'll be fine. Nothing odd or out of left field.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

They were extremely helpful during the process and made it seem like I had a good chance to go further in the interview process, but they cut me short after one interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was great. The interview was very casual. It was supposed to be a behavioral interview but I really believe they just wanted to get to know me. I really felt comfortable which really allowed them to seem me as who I am which is what I believe they were going for.

Interview Questions

• Here is your resume. What do you want me to know about it? (This pretty much took up our whole 45 minute interview time slot)   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Interview

I was referred to Clarkston by a friend who works there and they called me to offer me an interview within a few days. The first and second round interviews were phone interviews. The people are very sweet and the interview feels more like a conversation, very relaxed. For the final round, they flew me to the headquarters in Durham. The interview was half behavioral/situational and half a short presentation.

Interview Questions

• Almost all the questions were behavioral and situational, so if you know your experiences and resume well, and you look over some situational questions online, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

Initially met them at the career fair. Followed up with the guy who I spoke to. Dropped my resume through my University's career website and was offered a first round interview. Not invited for a final round.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Interview

Throughout the interview process I felt comfortable. I felt that I was just having a great conversation with the interviews. The people at Clarkston are top notch. The final interview was in the Raliegh office and this interview sold the opportunity for me. The people and culture at Clarkston are a huge reason why I chose this company.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult question, so and so company asked you?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial phone screen a few days later. After that I had a phone interview with a consultant, both of which were mostly behavioral. After the two rounds of phone interviews, I was flown down to headquarters in North Carolina for interviews with HR, two consultants, and a managing director, as well as a presentation on why I was ready for a career in consulting to the managing director and one of the consultants. After a day of great interviews, I voiced my situation was time sensitive because I had another offer on the table that would expire the middle of the next week, and was told I would receive feedback within days. Throughout the next week I waited each day for feedback but never got it. When I would email or call to ask where they were in the process, often times my messages would be ignored for many hours, and then they would respond saying they had not made a decision yet and gave me a time in the future when they would get back to me. Eventually I was lied to 5 times on when I would be receiving feedback, but never got any until over a week after they initially said I would be hearing back they told me they were not extending an offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was cold called and was interviewed on the spot over the phone. There was a follow up interview with another recruiter. Finally, I flew to San Diego and had three separate interviews in one day.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

As I was interviewing for a position in another region of the country I participated in 2 phone interviews before interviewing with an on campus interviewer. During the interview the majority of the questions were related to college invlovement and extra cirriculars rather than academics. To that effect about 3 minutes were spent discussing my academic background and everything else was centered around leadership positions and involvement. The interview had a very conversational feel; few notes were taken. A evaluation was filled out after I left. The interviewer was extremely personalble. While I am dissapointed to say I did not recieve an offer I believe it we for the following reason: I was honest about my extra ciriculars and involvement. As my main extra ciricular is more of a start up than anything and we have yet to place in competion it is in may ways a learning experience for all of us. Apperently, it would have been better to say I was highly involved, and on executive boards of everything I'm in.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in Los Angeles?   1 Answer