Clarkston Consulting

Updated Apr 24, 2014
Updated Apr 24, 2014

3.1

Recruiting Internship Interview

Great overall interview the recruiter was very nice and easy to hold a conversation with. I was told that I asked a lot of great questions. However, I was not asked for a second interview. overall my interview lasted about 45 min.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

I was referred to Clarkston by a friend who works there and they called me to offer me an interview within a few days. The first and second round interviews were phone interviews. The people are very sweet and the interview feels more like a conversation, very relaxed. For the final round, they flew me to the headquarters in Durham. The interview was half behavioral/situational and half a short presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the questions were behavioral and situational, so if you know your experiences and resume well, and you look over some situational questions online, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Experienced Professional Hire Interview

Formal interview process, with the intention of both parties being sure of a "fit." The process has multiple steps, and can be lengthy, but the upside is that there are very few unknowns for either side (company or applicant) by the time you get to real decisions/offer extension. The recruiting team does an excellent job of preparing candidates for the various steps in the process.

Interview Questions
    • No specifics to share here. These are smart but nice people - expect to be on your game for multiple conversations and multiple tough questions specific to your area of expertise. If you are prepared, honest and authentic, it's an enjoyable interview process.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Applied through college career website. Got contacted via email to set up an initial interview. Met on campus for interview. The person who I was told I would be talking to wasn't there. I was interviewed by someone else, which is fine. It went well. Shorter than I expected (35 minutes instead of 45). Felt like it went well. Got complimented on a couple of my answers which is why I was surprised I didn't move to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • What do the ideal of Clarkston Consulting mean to you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Clarkston Consulting in December 2013.

Met with HR on the phone to review my background briefly and talk about my interest in working in consulting. HR discussed possible openings that fit my background, possible hiring/interviewing schedule, and the characteristics for working with a smaller consulting firm.

About a month later interviewed with an experienced consultant to review my background for about an hour and a half. The conversation was very collaborative and extensive, I really enjoyed my discussion with the consultant. The consultant was somewhat new to the company, so he really couldn’t give thorough answers to some of the my questions.

About a month later travelled to corporate to meet some of the team for some face to face interviews. Met with HR, an analyst, manager, and partner for about 4-5 hours. Most of the discussion centered around behavioral and situational type questioning. The questioning was extensive, but if you prepare adequately, then there shouldn’t be too much difficulty. There was also a business case scenario which you present to a manager and partner in which you have 5 minutes to read and prepare. Nothing too intimidating, this is just a way to gage your communication skills and how you think on your feet.

After interviewing, got feedback from HR. The hiring team liked my industry background, but were hesitant of my consulting skills (I came from industry). HR mentioned Clarkston offers a training bootcamp for new hires transitioning from industry into consulting to brush up on their consulting skills. However, I wouldn’t be eligible for this bootcamp until the next quarter. Three months later HR got back in touch and informed me that they would not be able to extend an offer because of the reasons mentioned above (light consulting skills). It would have been nice to have given me this news right after my office visit rather than stringing me along for three months. After holding Clarkston in high regard during the entire interview process regardless of the outcome, my last interaction with them was left on a sour note.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had difficulty working with someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Initially met them at the career fair. Followed up with the guy who I spoke to. Dropped my resume through my University's career website and was offered a first round interview. Not invited for a final round.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Throughout the interview process I felt comfortable. I felt that I was just having a great conversation with the interviews. The people at Clarkston are top notch. The final interview was in the Raliegh office and this interview sold the opportunity for me. The people and culture at Clarkston are a huge reason why I chose this company.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult question, so and so company asked you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Very enjoyable. People at Clarkston are very personable and are looking to get to know you. Maybe it through 2 rounds of interviews very quickly. They flew me down to Carolina office for final round interview. Didn't get the offer, but they game me good feedback. Try to be very diverse in your responses to their questions about your experiences and always try to stay positive.

Interview Questions
    • Be confident in your tech experiences and have stories to tell to back up your technical abilities.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Applied online and had an initial phone screen a few days later. After that I had a phone interview with a consultant, both of which were mostly behavioral. After the two rounds of phone interviews, I was flown down to headquarters in North Carolina for interviews with HR, two consultants, and a managing director, as well as a presentation on why I was ready for a career in consulting to the managing director and one of the consultants. After a day of great interviews, I voiced my situation was time sensitive because I had another offer on the table that would expire the middle of the next week, and was told I would receive feedback within days. Throughout the next week I waited each day for feedback but never got it. When I would email or call to ask where they were in the process, often times my messages would be ignored for many hours, and then they would respond saying they had not made a decision yet and gave me a time in the future when they would get back to me. Eventually I was lied to 5 times on when I would be receiving feedback, but never got any until over a week after they initially said I would be hearing back they told me they were not extending an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Clarkston Consulting in May 2013.

2 telephone interviews followed by a face to face interview. After a month of the interview they contacted to let me know that the position is cancelled. Don't waste your time.

Worked for Clarkston Consulting? Contribute to the Community!