Clarkston Consulting Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, then in-person interviews with department (4 hours). The interviews went well. I was surprised to hear from 3 of the 4 people I interviewed with how happy they were to get my resume and that I had agreed to come talk to them. They were excited that I had applied because I had the exact background and experience they were looking for. Great to hear in a job interview, right? 2 weeks later I hadn't heard from anyone at the company. I emailed the HR manager and was told that an internal candidate had come forward, otherwise known as the kiss of death for external applicants. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about background, skills and experience.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Had two technical phone interviews and both went well. I was told I would be a very good fit and a great "Steward" but there is no project on hand. Not sure why I was interviewed if there is no project on hand or in near future. I had no communication for 2 months and then suddenly I got call from recruiter and he invited me to Raleigh, NC for in person interviews. The interviews went on well. 4 different interviews and all at different angles. Everything went on very well. I was treated with a lot of respect and the interviews were 2 way conversations all through. I had a very good feeling that I was confident of positive result. The recruiter called me up and said every one liked me and I would get an offer a week later. Two weeks past I had no offer. Unon followup I was told they had some internal consultant that came on bench or the project is delayed and that they don't want to hire me and keep me in bench, BUT they are still interested in me. A month past and nothing changed. By the time I was offered I had a better job offer from another company in my hand!

Interview Questions

• I was given a case study and I had to present a process on white board for dealing with it.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Interview

The interviewing process at Clarkston was one of the most enjoyable I've ever been a part of. They both recruited directly out of my school as well as attended many of my school's employer events. They considered attending those events and meeting with them to be "part of the interviewing process", so be sure to attend those events and get to know the consultants! From my experience, the most important thing to Clarkston is its people. They want to ensure that you are not only smart and driven, but someone they want to bring in as part of their family. To be successful in their interview process, you need to feel like you connect with their consultants on a personal level. The first round of interviews was literally 30-45 minutes of chit chatting about my resume and experiences. It was very relaxed and laid back - essentially 0 formal behavioral interview questions. Again, the interview wanted to make sure that I fit in with her. I was informed that I made it to their final round of interviews which was about 3 hours of back-to-back-to-back-to-back (total of 4) interviews, all culminating with a "Why Clarkston/Why Consulting" presentation to a partner and a manager. Again, all of these interviews were very relaxed and behavioral based. If you know your experiences and your resume and you're comfortable just getting to know these people through a professional chat about your experience and about Clarkston the company, then you will excel here. They also want people to come to interviews PREPARED with questions and knowing information about your interviewers!!! This is HUGE! Overall, a great experience and I am very excited to start work with them soon. The company is going in a great direction.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate. Was happy with the offer, and are allowing me the flexibility to live at home which was great.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Interview

After searching the web for consultant jobs, I stumbled upon this one and applied immediately. Within a couple days I got an e-mail from a recruiter about setting up a phone interview. Shortly after, we had the 1st phone interview and it went well. Very casual conversation. A week later I got a second interview with a Senior Consultant. It still followed the "fit" style from the 1st, asking how my experiences fit into the role and the company. I BODIED that interview, and was invited for the final round in Durham, NC. Got a rental and rode down from VA and interviewed for about 3 hours. Met with my recruiter for a short interview prep. My first round was with a Senior Consultant who actually graduated from the Engineering school at my university! After that I interviewed with another consultant who asked me about any technical acumen I may have, while having lunch. I also gave a short presentation on Why Would I Be a Good Consultant. Finally I met with one of the Partners. His interview was a little more probing, in that I was given scenarios and asked about providing solutions. On a few of answer, my interviewer told me what I said were techniques they actually teach new recruits. Afterwards, he gave me a card, said my goodbyes and thanks, and rode back home. Week and a half later, found out I didn't get the job (not enough spaces left for the summer bootcamp). Overall, great experience though. I felt welcomed and the employees were great to be around.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember, this was last year. I do remember that the interviews were questions geared around finding how well you'd fit with the company and the role you applied for. If you can tailor your experiences and education to that, you'll be fine. Nothing odd or out of left field.   Answer Question

Interview

They were extremely helpful during the process and made it seem like I had a good chance to go further in the interview process, but they cut me short after one interview.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was great. The interview was very casual. It was supposed to be a behavioral interview but I really believe they just wanted to get to know me. I really felt comfortable which really allowed them to seem me as who I am which is what I believe they were going for.

Interview Questions

• Here is your resume. What do you want me to know about it? (This pretty much took up our whole 45 minute interview time slot)   1 Answer

Interview

Great overall interview the recruiter was very nice and easy to hold a conversation with. I was told that I asked a lot of great questions. However, I was not asked for a second interview. overall my interview lasted about 45 min.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Interview

I was referred to Clarkston by a friend who works there and they called me to offer me an interview within a few days. The first and second round interviews were phone interviews. The people are very sweet and the interview feels more like a conversation, very relaxed. For the final round, they flew me to the headquarters in Durham. The interview was half behavioral/situational and half a short presentation.

Interview Questions

• Almost all the questions were behavioral and situational, so if you know your experiences and resume well, and you look over some situational questions online, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Experienced Professional Hire Interview

Interview

Formal interview process, with the intention of both parties being sure of a "fit." The process has multiple steps, and can be lengthy, but the upside is that there are very few unknowns for either side (company or applicant) by the time you get to real decisions/offer extension. The recruiting team does an excellent job of preparing candidates for the various steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• No specifics to share here. These are smart but nice people - expect to be on your game for multiple conversations and multiple tough questions specific to your area of expertise. If you are prepared, honest and authentic, it's an enjoyable interview process.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clarkston Consulting.

Interview

Applied through college career website. Got contacted via email to set up an initial interview. Met on campus for interview. The person who I was told I would be talking to wasn't there. I was interviewed by someone else, which is fine. It went well. Shorter than I expected (35 minutes instead of 45). Felt like it went well. Got complimented on a couple of my answers which is why I was surprised I didn't move to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What do the ideal of Clarkston Consulting mean to you?   Answer Question