Classified Ventures

Classified Ventures Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Classified Ventures in May 2014.

I went through 3 phone interviews; the interviewer was excellent and I received her vote and confidence for multiple projects. Twice they found an internal candidate, The third time they were willing to start a contract at 1 week; I was able to extend that. A 1 week contract raises concerns about the work culture and project issues the company must be aware of.

Interview Questions
    • Could you write content for a B2B application in 10 days?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was on-going and kept changing.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Classified Ventures.

Quick Process for interview. However after being hired, specifics mentioned in the interview, was not the work reality. Some of this was specific to my manager and micromanaging of resources. Other teams seemed to have more flexibility. This manager is no longer employed there so situation may have improved.

Interview Questions
    • None. Interview was more of a conversation. Interview was not long or detailed, liked my background, seemed very positive. Actual work environment did not reflect what was portrayed in the interview.   Answer Question
    Was told WFH possible, but ultimately my manager was not very flexible on this. Although their expectation was that you had to work evening hours to accommodate late night deployments you were still expected to b in the office at same time in the morning. I believe this was specific to the manager I reported too. Other IT teams seemed to have more flexibility in this area.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Classified Ventures in June 2012.

Was called after a job fair for a phone interview. This led to an interview at the office. The interview was fairly long about 30 min with 4 different representatives. The questions asked were very broad and focused mainly on past experiences. The representatives were very nice and very professional. After four rounds of questioning they take you to the area where you would reach out to general managers and dealer principals and let you listen to a few calls.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all, they just ask you general interview questions. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" "Are you confident and why?" "Was there a time when you helped a colleague what was the situation and how did you help remedy it?" Etc   Answer Question

Associate Project Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Classified Ventures in August 2011.

not apply

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Classified Ventures in January 2011.

The HR person was great. I just felt really uncomfortable doing the group panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • After working at ___ for so many years, why leave? why not just stay there?   Answer Question

Manager of Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Classified Ventures in June 2010.

They telephone portion of the interview was two-part, once to be screened by HR and the second by the IT Director, the hiring manager. There was a general tech screening in the call and again by the direct reports in the later interview. The day of the interview was a bit disorganized, with people unsure of when and where they were interviewing and with one member of the panel calling in sick but then still showing up at the end. All parties were indicating that it was a good fit and that they wanted to schedule a second interview, but was called after the weekend and told that they were no longer interested. Very disappointing, and no explanation as to the abrupt change because the hiring manager was out of town.

Interview Questions
    • What steps would you follow to install SQL server on a virtual machine.   View Answer

Computers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Classified Ventures in January 2010.

They asked me some questions about the company but I did not do my research so i failed.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Classified Ventures in January 2011.

The interview process ranged from an opening phone interview with HR to a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager over the phone. Following the 1:1 interview, I was asked to come into the corporate office and give a sales presentation to a small panel of upper management. Overall, it was a difficult but very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were put into a difficult situation, and what did you do to overcome the obstacle?   Answer Question

Field Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Classified Ventures in June 2010.

Initial phone interview with the recruiter, then with the regional, then an in person interview with another sales representative, the regional and director, followed by one last phone interview

Interview Questions
    Salary was a little negotiatable