Clayton County public Schools

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clayton County public Schools

Candidate Interview Review

Itinerant Special Ed Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Clayton County public Schools (Jonesboro, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview went very smoothly. I had completed my application online but also brought all applicable paperwork with me to the interview as well as a copy for each person (plus a few extras) I knew would be attending the interview. This started the meeting off on a very good note as the main interviewer had not had a chance to make copies for the others sitting in on the interview. The questions were pretty much what I had anticipated and the conversation flowed smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Since the position would involve working one-on-one or in small groups with students much of the time I was surprised that there were a few questions pertaining to classroom management (of classes comprising 20 or more students). However, since I had experience teaching in a classroom, I had no difficulty answering the questiions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Clayton County has a salary schedule based upon your years of teaching experience and your current degree so there is no negotiation. I was asked how soon I wanted to start. The interview was on a Thursday so I proposed that I start the following Monday. This gave me time to get some personal academic and office materials together before I started.