Clayton Homes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Home Sales Consultant Interview

Home Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clayton Homes.

Interview Details – I applied for a position with Clayton Homes 5 months ago. I ended communications with them due to the fact that I took a position with another company. Out of he blue I recieved an email asking me if I was interested in a position as a home sales consultant and if so please send us your updated resume. I returned my resume and recieved a phone call from a recruiter within Clayton homes. We had a brief phone interview asking me the basic interview questions such as explain your career path in sales, what do you like about sales, how do you feel about advancement and would you relocate, etc... Realy very basic. I have been a hiring manager for the last 10 years and I have never given an interview so easy. Next I was sent an assesment to take online. There were various types of questions anging from what would you do in a situation to mathamatical type questions. Simular to a profile assesment and an IQ test. After I passed this exam I was then called by the recruiter to set up an interview with the general manager. Again another easy interview. Though I have been in sales for quite some time I basically lead the interview. I was prepared and had a two page list of questions. I do not think the general manager was prepared for this. Hint to all always come prepared to your interview, do research on any company you are interviewing with. After about a 30 minute interview I was called yet again by the recruiter to schedule an interview with the district manager. It was last minute but I made it happen. This interview lasted 15 minutes tops. The district manager looked at my resume and we went over my job history, he then pulled my assessment scores and said we will be in touch. The next day I got an email from the corporate office requesting references. I sent the references in and two days later I was sent an email to take a drug screening. I took the drug screening the next day and the following day I was offered a position. Again this was a very easy process to get hired. I have worked for national companies all my life and have never had an easier time to get through the hiring process.

Interview Question – What have you brought to the table to increase your sales with your current company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I have not declined nor accepted the position. I am going to negotiate some vacation time that I have planned as well as working hours and days off.

Worked for Clayton Homes? Contribute to the Community!