Clayton Homes

Updated Aug 19, 2014

1.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Home Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clayton Homes in October 2013.

Interview process was minimal but then I had a Real Estate background so it was understood that I knew sales and home sales in that arena. Manager seemed unconcerned, the other manager I went to interview with as part of this process also offered me a position if the original location did nit work out.

Interview Questions
THERE IS NO NEGOTIIATING, poor base pay

Other Interview Reviews for Clayton Homes

Home Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clayton Homes.

I applied for a position with Clayton Homes 5 months ago. I ended communications with them due to the fact that I took a position with another company. Out of he blue I recieved an email asking me if I was interested in a position as a home sales consultant and if so please send us your updated resume. I returned my resume and recieved a phone call from a recruiter within Clayton homes. We had a brief phone interview asking me the basic interview questions such as explain your career path in sales, what do you like about sales, how do you feel about advancement and would you relocate, etc... Realy very basic. I have been a hiring manager for the last 10 years and I have never given an interview so easy. Next I was sent an assesment to take online. There were various types of questions anging from what would you do in a situation to mathamatical type questions. Simular to a profile assesment and an IQ test. After I passed this exam I was then called by the recruiter to set up an interview with the general manager. Again another easy interview. Though I have been in sales for quite some time I basically lead the interview. I was prepared and had a two page list of questions. I do not think the general manager was prepared for this. Hint to all always come prepared to your interview, do research on any company you are interviewing with. After about a 30 minute interview I was called yet again by the recruiter to schedule an interview with the district manager. It was last minute but I made it happen. This interview lasted 15 minutes tops. The district manager looked at my resume and we went over my job history, he then pulled my assessment scores and said we will be in touch. The next day I got an email from the corporate office requesting references. I sent the references in and two days later I was sent an email to take a drug screening. I took the drug screening the next day and the following day I was offered a position. Again this was a very easy process to get hired. I have worked for national companies all my life and have never had an easier time to get through the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What have you brought to the table to increase your sales with your current company?   View Answer

I have not declined nor accepted the position. I am going to negotiate some vacation time that I have planned as well as working hours and days off.