Clayton Homes Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

2.6

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Clayton Homes.

Interview

It was two interviews and a dinner with management. Interviews were conducted onsite and in one day. Very informal setting. A Caliber test is used to determine suitability for sales. They do not have to go by the results strictly.

Interview Questions

• None other general experience questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was entertained. Salary is standard. Commission rate is standard.

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial HR rep call, then call with IT HR rep, phone call with small section of SharePoint group, Caliper test, then in-person interview with group (including supervisor), waited for other interviews. kept waiting for a response from company or recruiter and got neither. recruiter stopped trying after a month. position is no longer listed. Overall interview process was fine. My only issue was spending 3+ months of investing time and never got a single follow up post-interview.

Interview Questions

• They had a non-sharepoint programmer sit in on the interview that did the classic standard 10 question grilling of random terminology and syntax.   1 Answer
    • There was the classic "do you have any questions for us?"   1 Answer
    • They asked about my sharepoint experience in every job where I had it.   1 Answer

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Clayton Homes (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

The hiring process started off with two over the phone interviews that were trying to gauge your interest. We had one in person interview. They asked me basic general interview question. One of the interviewers was very probing.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any really difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

Home Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Clayton Homes.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR rep within two hours. Did a preliminary interview over the phone. Did a second one. Then was emailed a link to perform their psychological assessment (CALIPER.) That took 30 minutes. After passing that, I interviewed with the General Manager. Then interviewed with the Regional Manager. Then took the background and drug screen. To be honest, I thought it was ALOT for a sales position but am glad I did it. Took about 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty straight forward. Wanted to know my opinion about my past experience with sales processes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't any negotiation. Their pay plan is pretty straight forward. (Production Based)

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

I had an interview set up by a recruiting firm that really didn't take my qualifications into any account. I never heard back from the recruiter or the company. Was asked to sit with other technicians to get a feel for the position.

Interview Questions

• so what kind of questions do you have for me   2 Answers

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Clayton Homes (Richmond, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Quick initial application followed by phone call , full application, Assessment Test and reference check and finally interview. I was surprised that no one from the Company bothered to say thanks but we went for another applicant, thanks for applying or anything. Manager did not return call.

Interview Questions

• Went over my assessment test. Some general questions about my experience. Went over the same questions in the phone interview (how do you handle rejection, etc).   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through my university. A couple days later I received a call telling me they were interested in interviewing me. I went in and spoke with 4 people over about 2 hours. It was basic interview questions. Everyone was very nice and I had an overall positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself?

...there weren't many curveballs

Answer Question

Home Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clayton Homes in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was minimal but then I had a Real Estate background so it was understood that I knew sales and home sales in that arena. Manager seemed unconcerned, the other manager I went to interview with as part of this process also offered me a position if the original location did nit work out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

THERE IS NO NEGOTIIATING, poor base pay

Regional Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Clayton Homes (Knoxville, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the lead recruiter, who I had known from a previous employer. The second step was to be an hour long interview with her boss, the VP of HR. When we met, he was somewhat in a hurry, did not ask me many questions about a previous job that was very similar and did not seem that engaged in the interview. I was told that they were initially speaking to 4 individuals that they had singled out, me being one of those, and that they were going to pick 2 from that group to do an assessment and to do a panel interview. I was e-mailed a week later and told I was not selected and that they were going to proceed with another candidate. Then 2 days later, they posted the job online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you supported your clients when you where with "x"? (which was 3 jobs ago.   1 Answer

Wellness Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clayton Homes in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online but the hiring manager knew me as I currently worked at a fitness facility she was a member of. Initially had a lengthy phone interview as my hiring manager loved to talk. After that I had 2 different onsite interviews. 1 with all of my future supervisor superiors and a 2nd with my future coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Not really any too much. Just the usual, "why should we pick you over another candidate?".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much. It was pretty competitive with other local opportunities plus a generous quarterly bonus.