Clayton Homes Interview Questions

2.6

Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Falls, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Falls, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Clayton Homes in November 2009.

You will be required to take the Clayton Homes Caliper Test which is about 2 hours long. You will then have to do another interview with the Corporate Management after your interview with the local plant you applied to. It will take the Corporate Management about 8-12 weeks to decide on whether to hire you. If hired, you will have a background check done along with a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult point I experienced from the corporate management interview was, "Based on your caliper test, you are not suppose to be in sales". I really didn't know how to reply to that due to having a resume the shows positive results in sales and recruiting.   View Answer
    No negotiation allowed. You either take what they offer or keep on looking for other work.

Regional Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Clayton Homes in September 2012.

I had an initial phone interview with the lead recruiter, who I had known from a previous employer. The second step was to be an hour long interview with her boss, the VP of HR. When we met, he was somewhat in a hurry, did not ask me many questions about a previous job that was very similar and did not seem that engaged in the interview. I was told that they were initially speaking to 4 individuals that they had singled out, me being one of those, and that they were going to pick 2 from that group to do an assessment and to do a panel interview. I was e-mailed a week later and told I was not selected and that they were going to proceed with another candidate. Then 2 days later, they posted the job online.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you supported your clients when you where with "x"? (which was 3 jobs ago.   View Answer

Internal Audit Intern Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clayton Homes in February 2011.

The interviews were harder than others I have done. I interviewed with several people within the department; the questions were tougher than average but the dialog was informative. Great hiring process after accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when (insert very specific situation) and how you worked to resolve it.   View Answer

Wellness Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clayton Homes in August 2011.

Applied online but the hiring manager knew me as I currently worked at a fitness facility she was a member of. Initially had a lengthy phone interview as my hiring manager loved to talk. After that I had 2 different onsite interviews. 1 with all of my future supervisor superiors and a 2nd with my future coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any too much. Just the usual, "why should we pick you over another candidate?".   Answer Question
    There wasn't much. It was pretty competitive with other local opportunities plus a generous quarterly bonus.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Clayton Homes.

It was two interviews and a dinner with management. Interviews were conducted onsite and in one day. Very informal setting. A Caliber test is used to determine suitability for sales. They do not have to go by the results strictly.

Interview Questions
    • None other general experience questions   View Answer
    No negotiation was entertained. Salary is standard. Commission rate is standard.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Clayton Homes.

The Summer Internship process generally begins with an on campus interest session where you can speak with company representatives and give a resume, otherwise you may upload a resume on your schools career services website but there was no formal online application.
    After that you receive a call to schedule a short first round phone interview assessing your interest in the company and past experience. If you perform well you will be asked to schedule a second round interview with an HR manager.
    The second round interview takes place at the Corporate Offices in Maryville, TN. You get a better talk and more specific questions from an HR manager and are asked your preferences for placement if asked in for a final interview at headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a leader and a manager?   Answer Question

Declined because of other internship offer

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Clayton Homes.

The hiring process started off with two over the phone interviews that were trying to gauge your interest. We had one in person interview. They asked me basic general interview question. One of the interviewers was very probing.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Clayton Homes in April 2009.

Applied thru Career Builder, Then a recruiter called me to follow up with the process. Then I was e-mailed a test to complete, the test had nothing to do with selling homes, it was more geared towards a mechanical engineer or computer programmer. I have taking test before that were focused more on the job at hand, this test was ridiculas.

Next I had a interview with the recruiter, then the sub-zone manager, then the Zone manager. followed with a random drug test and background check. The drug test was a random phone call, then you had so many hours to get to the test facility. After the above I was offered a position within the area.

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Clayton Homes in February 2008.

met with upper management and other general managers and also the recruiter for the general area. Took a basic personality, sales aptitude test and then had to fill out everything else on line. Everything mostly handled on line or over the phone. Was a structured process with no surprises

Interview Questions
    • relate challenges at previous and how i handled and resolved them. What is my best quality   Answer Question
    cut and dried, no negotiation except on start date and maybe location

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Clayton Homes in April 2014.

Quick initial application followed by phone call , full application, Assessment Test and reference check and finally interview. I was surprised that no one from the Company bothered to say thanks but we went for another applicant, thanks for applying or anything. Manager did not return call.

Interview Questions
    • Went over my assessment test. Some general questions about my experience. Went over the same questions in the phone interview (how do you handle rejection, etc).   View Answer