Clean Harbors Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.4

CleanPack Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

Don't believe the job listing; it's not a good reflection of what they want in an employee. They were completely uninterested in a fresh college grad with a BS in Geology. Mostly they just want people with experience moving hazardous waste, and they seem unwilling to train someone without the necessary skills. Of course, they informed me of this after canceling the first interview the day-of, then rescheduling for a phone interview which they ended up completely forgetting about. I called them and got the phone interview the next day, but overall I felt the hiring manager was disrespectful.

CleanPack Chemist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

Two chemistry questions asked. Mainly told me about the long hours. Asked if I could handle them. Asked a couple questions about prior experience handling chemicals and hazardous waste. Felt like they are looking for warm bodies.
    Follow up interview that was about job safety and prior experiences with safety concerns and issues.
    Nothing in depth from either interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Bottom rung of ladder.

Field Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clean Harbors (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Quite possibly the oddest interview experience I've ever had. The man interviewing me had no idea what position I was interviewing for...once I informed him, he seemed nervous throughout the rest of the interview...and really searched for questions to ask me. I mean, he was a nice guy...but incredibly unprofessional. 10 basic chemistry questions were asked. Other than that, spent most of the time really struggling to come up with basic and standard type interview questions. Told me I'd hear back either way within a few days. I never heard anything back.

CleanPack Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clean Harbors in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through Aerotek. Took about three weeks for Aerotek to call and schedule an interview. Two interviews about a week apart. First was with a coordinator (not directly above me) and second was with Tech Ops Manager. He was out of town for first interview. Lots of paperwork involved. I had to buy a copy of my driving record ($12). Took about 4 weeks total. Intensive physical and 3 drug tests (Hair follicle and 2 urine).

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. There is a 10-15 questionnaire about basic things (willing to work overtime, travel acceptable, etc). Very relaxed interview environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered more than I was asking, no negotiations needed.

Clean Pack Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clean Harbors (Clackamas, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

I felt relaxed going in the interview process was pretty straight forward and allowed for a good back and forth between me and the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a large work load. Talking about the general organization skills.   1 Answer

Environmental Technician III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clean Harbors (Denver, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process included an overview of the company, where it is heading, and how I can play a role. I felt as though this interview was not just about how the company how utilize my talents but rather how we can benefit each other, like a partnership. The interviewing manager was very open about where he though my shortcomings would be and inquired on my opinion of this.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a professional conversation rather than a Q & A session.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was offered top of the pay scale.

UPDATE: I was told Friday morning that I would receive an offer letter by Monday morning and today is Wednesday. I emailed the interviewing manager yesterday and have not received a response. No offer within the stated timeline and no contact.

UPDATE: August 9, 2013, I accepted a verbal offer and today is August 21, 2013, and have heard nothing. I've sent two emails to the hiring manager with no response. I called him last Thursday and he told me that he would call HR. I sent another email Monday asking if I should resume my job hunt with no response. I also called HR to verify that they have my correct contact information but they have not returned my call.

Environmental Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Clean Harbors in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next morning by HR for a "phone interview" they basically hyped the job up and once they get you hooked they ask if you are interested and then it is just a matter of meeting the management and signing paperwork. There was no interview and they pretty much gave me the job immediately which should have been the first warning sign. They feed you a lot of BS during the hiring process and then disappoint you and let you fall right on your face from day 1. They talked a lot about growth within the company but then most people I had met were still working the same positions or slightly higher up but with nothing more then additional on the job training.

Interview Questions

• So would you like the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent, they told me the base rate and said that over time i will get paid more and there is so much room for growth which was a lie.

EOC Duty Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clean Harbors in July 2013.

Interview

Have so far had one phone interview, with promise of a return call after the holidays. Interviewer was very vague, and seemed almost uninterested the entirety of the interview. I struggled to try and keep it going and engage him as best I could.

Labor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Clean Harbors (Buttonwillow, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

i was under the impressing i had the job but they never called me back. the interview was cool and everything, i did the drug test and background check but never heard from them.i guess they had some else in mind.

Human Resource Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clean Harbors (Pasadena, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

was already a HR Manager for the company, submitted resume to Exec VP Human Resources. Then was not allowed to interview for Director position

Interview Questions

• Was disappointed wasn't even considered for Director position. Once I found out what was involved don't think I would have wanted it anyway. So was given the HR Manager Business Partner position   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation since I was already a HR Manager for the Company only my title and responsibilities for business units changed