Clean Harbors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Environmental Tech I Interview

Environmental Tech I

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clean Harbors in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called the next morning by HR for a "phone interview" they basically hyped the job up and once they get you hooked they ask if you are interested and then it is just a matter of meeting the management and signing paperwork. There was no interview and they pretty much gave me the job immediately which should have been the first warning sign. They feed you a lot of BS during the hiring process and then disappoint you and let you fall right on your face from day 1. They talked a lot about growth within the company but then most people I had met were still working the same positions or slightly higher up but with nothing more then additional on the job training.

Interview Question – So would you like the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-existent, they told me the base rate and said that over time i will get paid more and there is so much room for growth which was a lie.

Human Resource Business Partner Interview

Human Resource Business Partner
Pasadena, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Clean Harbors in February 2012.

Interview Details – was already a HR Manager for the company, submitted resume to Exec VP Human Resources. Then was not allowed to interview for Director position

Interview Question – Was disappointed wasn't even considered for Director position. Once I found out what was involved don't think I would have wanted it anyway. So was given the HR Manager Business Partner position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation since I was already a HR Manager for the Company only my title and responsibilities for business units changed

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clean Harbors in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. Then I was scheduled for an in-person interview.

I showed up to the interview 15 minutes early, but the interviewers were half-hour late, so I started by interview after a 45 minute wait. I was really annoyed but needed the job, so I kept my cool, but my initial impression of the company was not good at that point.

Once I got into the interview, it was pretty basic. The project manager asked some basic personality-type questions (strengths and weaknesses) and the tech-lead asked some basic tech questions (polymorphism, inheritance, etc.) with a challenging question that required SQL skills and some writing on a whiteboard.

One thing that struck me as odd was when I was asked what position I was applying for. Why didn't they know this already? Turns out I had three options, junior, mid-level, and senior. Depending on my answer, I would get different questions. I chose the mid-level only because I was being honest, but looking back I should have picked the senior position if only for the salary boost.

Interview Question – Ask a question regarding the relationship between two tables and to write a query to access the data in both tables.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated with the recruiting agency acting as the middle-man. They were able to go up $3,000 on the initial offer, which was still low, but I was desperate at the time and needed a job asap.

Clean Pack Chemist Interview

Clean Pack Chemist
Clackamas, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Clean Harbors in December 2013.

Interview Details – I felt relaxed going in the interview process was pretty straight forward and allowed for a good back and forth between me and the interviewer.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a large work load. Talking about the general organization skills.   View Answer

Environmental Technician III Interview

Environmental Technician III
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Clean Harbors in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process included an overview of the company, where it is heading, and how I can play a role. I felt as though this interview was not just about how the company how utilize my talents but rather how we can benefit each other, like a partnership. The interviewing manager was very open about where he though my shortcomings would be and inquired on my opinion of this.

Interview Question – The interview was more of a professional conversation rather than a Q & A session.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was offered top of the pay scale.

UPDATE: I was told Friday morning that I would receive an offer letter by Monday morning and today is Wednesday. I emailed the interviewing manager yesterday and have not received a response. No offer within the stated timeline and no contact.

UPDATE: August 9, 2013, I accepted a verbal offer and today is August 21, 2013, and have heard nothing. I've sent two emails to the hiring manager with no response. I called him last Thursday and he told me that he would call HR. I sent another email Monday asking if I should resume my job hunt with no response. I also called HR to verify that they have my correct contact information but they have not returned my call.

FIeld-Service Specialist Interview

FIeld-Service Specialist
Milford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Clean Harbors in August 2009.

Interview Details – It took me over 6-weeks to start working because of their onboarding process (background check, drug-testing, physical, training, etc.) but once all was completed I was already oriented with the company

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 5-years from now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes - They started at $55K and I negotiated up to $67K plus bonus

EOC Duty Operator Interview

EOC Duty Operator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Clean Harbors in July 2013.

Interview Details – Have so far had one phone interview, with promise of a return call after the holidays. Interviewer was very vague, and seemed almost uninterested the entirety of the interview. I struggled to try and keep it going and engage him as best I could.

Interview Question – asked about my military experiences.   Answer Question

Field Interview

Field
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clean Harbors in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was positive

Interview Question – Can not recall any difficult questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and to the point

Anonymous Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview Details – Went well with no issues with the exception of deception with the overall benefits

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Labor Interview

Labor
Buttonwillow, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Clean Harbors in March 2013.

Interview Details – i was under the impressing i had the job but they never called me back. the interview was cool and everything, i did the drug test and background check but never heard from them.i guess they had some else in mind.

Interview Question – do you really work long hours in this field   Answer Question

Worked for Clean Harbors? Contribute to the Community!