Clean Harbors Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.5

CleanPack Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

1. Phone "screen" with recruiter. Very basic questions about job duties. 2. In person interview with manager. Basic chemistry quiz and hypothetical situation questions when on the job. Submitted DOL driving record 3. Was offered the position a day later. Not much room for negotiation in pay. The job description sent by the recruiter stated $16-20 but during the interview the manager said CleanPack Chemist I make $16-18, with opportunity to move up and make more as a Chemist II-IV.

Interview Questions

• What is a compound? Where is HCL on the pH scale? What is oxidation? When talking about gas, it is always presented with what information? Explain reduction? What is vapor density? What is flash point?   Answer Question

CleanPack Chemist Interview

Interview

The process was fairly quick. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter via email. She sent a detailed job description along with a video describing the job and asked me to read and review the information to see if i was still interested. I reviewed it and was offered a interview a week later. The interview was very brief and mainly consisted of her telling me what the job consisted of, the long hours and physical demanding work it required. If offered a position a fitness test is required. Had the interview today, not sure if offered a job yet. But was told that she had a few interviews to finish up and would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• How do yo feel about working overnight sometimes? How do you feel about working 50-60 hours a week? Do you think you can pull 50-100 pounds?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Norwell, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

All interviewers are nice and friendly. It is a laid back interview process. HR recruited me after I submitted my interview online. I had three onsite interviews since I tried two positions. Interviewers mainly focused on my resume and my experience. They also talked about the recent projects and challenges they were working on. i received the oral offer within one day.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got the interview right away. The initial interview was absolutely amazing. They made me feel very comfortable and like i was already apart of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for this company?   1 Answer

CleanPack Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

Don't believe the job listing; it's not a good reflection of what they want in an employee. They were completely uninterested in a fresh college grad with a BS in Geology. Mostly they just want people with experience moving hazardous waste, and they seem unwilling to train someone without the necessary skills. Of course, they informed me of this after canceling the first interview the day-of, then rescheduling for a phone interview which they ended up completely forgetting about. I called them and got the phone interview the next day, but overall I felt the hiring manager was disrespectful.

CleanPack Chemist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

Two chemistry questions asked. Mainly told me about the long hours. Asked if I could handle them. Asked a couple questions about prior experience handling chemicals and hazardous waste. Felt like they are looking for warm bodies. Follow up interview that was about job safety and prior experiences with safety concerns and issues. Nothing in depth from either interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Bottom rung of ladder.

Field Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Quite possibly the oddest interview experience I've ever had. The man interviewing me had no idea what position I was interviewing for...once I informed him, he seemed nervous throughout the rest of the interview...and really searched for questions to ask me. I mean, he was a nice guy...but incredibly unprofessional. 10 basic chemistry questions were asked. Other than that, spent most of the time really struggling to come up with basic and standard type interview questions. Told me I'd hear back either way within a few days. I never heard anything back.

CleanPack Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clean Harbors in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through Aerotek. Took about three weeks for Aerotek to call and schedule an interview. Two interviews about a week apart. First was with a coordinator (not directly above me) and second was with Tech Ops Manager. He was out of town for first interview. Lots of paperwork involved. I had to buy a copy of my driving record ($12). Took about 4 weeks total. Intensive physical and 3 drug tests (Hair follicle and 2 urine).

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. There is a 10-15 questionnaire about basic things (willing to work overtime, travel acceptable, etc). Very relaxed interview environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered more than I was asking, no negotiations needed.

Clean Pack Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Clackamas, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

I felt relaxed going in the interview process was pretty straight forward and allowed for a good back and forth between me and the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a large work load. Talking about the general organization skills.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Bismarck, ND) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was to the point. Manager was great at interviewing and honest about what was expected. Made me feel comfortable. Once I started the position the manager was a great mentor.