Clean Harbors

Relevance Date Difficulty

.NET Applications Development Interview

.NET Applications Development
Norwell, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clean Harbors in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter in the Boston area to apply for this position. The recruiter gave me a salary of $85k/annual, so I decided to go for it. We communicated via email and on the phone. First, I had to drive to the recruiter's office to meet with them, then if I passed their interview, they would contact the company to see if they'd like to interview me. So, I made it. The recruiter set up the interview for 2 days later, and I drove to Norwell, MA. The building and environment was very corporate but easy off highway access and a nice setup. They had an enormous parking lot, so parking was abundant and free. I met with two individuals. The first was with the Director for a high-level interview. He asked what I did, he told me they used an Agile/Scrum software development approach with a 4-week cycle. The second interview was with a Team Leader for the technical interview with more detailed technical questions. He was big on asking SQL query questions. I got the sense from him that the ability to write SQL Server queries was very important. He gave two simple tables and asked me to write joins and count type queries. The software developers there are responsible for both software development in VB.NET to writing/updating SQL Server stored procedures to being involved in the QA process of testing other developer's code. The two individuals were super very nice and accommodating, willing to give someone they really like a chance to join their team as long as the individual was trainable. Also, promotions and raises there were commonplace, as they ensure they keep their people. I was told that they had not lost any developers in 2 years.

Interview Question – Asked how to write inner and left joins. I was given two simple tables: customer and employees.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They wanted a mid-level to senior-level developer with a junior developer salary. I could not afford to take the position but wish salary wasn't an issue, as the company appeared to be a great place to work and grow as a software developer.

Worked for Clean Harbors? Contribute to the Community!