Clear Channel

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details – Be proactive with hiring sales manager, call or email with your interest. You will have to meet numerous managers and employees. Be prepared to deliver a presentation on the stations.

Interview Question – Why haven't you tried to start with a smaller company or smaller market?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. Allowed a day to sign the offer letter or the opportunity was gone.

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details – Applied Online. Took about a week and got a call from a Recruiter in Texas. Then set a personal interview at with one of the Sales Managers. Easy process and relaxed.

Interview Question – Very Easy and Friendly   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details – I have nothing negative to say about the interview process. I thought the person that interviewed me was very nice and professional. I would love to work for Clear Channel

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details – Initial Interview I went through a series of question of the GSM and was interviewed by other managers

Negotiation Details – We came in the middle of what I needed for a salary/draw and what they offered

Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel in April 2009.

Interview Details – I went through six interviews, supervisor, manager, panel interview and a phone interview. I took a personality profile test as well. The interview was intense once I met with the Director but well worth it. You must be very determined and prove it to get a job and I was.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from the 20 other applicants   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Push for what you want- If you made it that far they want you and will pay to get you

Interviewed at Clear Channel

Interview Details – I applied back in December and they said they weren't hiring, but contacted me in late April for a phone interview. First phone interview included some standard questions as well as information about the company. Next was a second phone interview later that week which was only 15 minutes and easier than the first one. In this interview they tell you about a case study assgnment that you have to present in front of the sales managers. The guidelines for the assignment were brief and straightforward, but be prepared to be able to come up with a very detailed marketing campagin for whichever client they choose for you (mine was forever 21). They asked a lot of questions throughout the presentation and expected me to know exactly how to do the job given I am a recent graduate and have only a summer's worth of sales experience.

Interview Question – Name every host of the top NY radio stations.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details – All over the place. What is my favorite radio station is the hardest question asked - are thise people alive? No wonder their business is tanking.

Interview Question – Favorite radio station?????   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Place feels like a train wreck.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details – Long interview process... took place over 5-6 weeks. Application submission. Phone interview. 1st face-to-face interview with manager. 2nd face-to-face interview with two managers and AE's. Senior Management interview. 4th face-to-face interview with two separate managers (two interviews back-to-back), 5th interview with a mock-presentation.

Interview Question – They were easy and typical questions. Nothing was difficult. Be prepared to discuss past, present, and future. Explain how your experience, strengths, and knowledge can translate into competitive advantages for their team, stations, & market. Preparation is key.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not possible. It was take it or leave it. Was led to believe that accounts would be placed under me to increase my total compensation above the "standard" draw that every AE receives. Once I started, it took two months for management to transfer those accounts. When it was not consistent with their previous assurances, there was no explanation or discussion allowed for their lack of follow-through.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details – I was called two months after originally applying and the recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview the very next day. The interview was fairly easy with average questions. After that interview, she told me that another recruiter would call for a second interviewer sometime during the week. I was contacted by that recruiter only four days later, and scheduled for another phone interview in three days. That interview was a little harder than the last, but still easy. I was supposed to have another interview in person the next day, but the recruiter failed to call me back or email with information.

Interview Question – What is a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the AE position in NYC. The interviewer was cold and peered at me through her glasses the entire time. She was condescending and asked questions about a job I had 13 years ago.

Interview Question – She asked if you can name all the NYC radio stations owned by Clear Channel and three artists from each station.   View Answer

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!