Clear Channel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.6

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel in March 2014.

Quick and painless. Easy questions nice discussion. Lasted about 30 minuets and was very pleasant. there was a panel of 3 managers. Basically just going over my experience in my previous job.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel in July 2013.

Flew to Denver, 3.5 hour drive to office, multiple one-on-one interviews with team leaders, software tech test (solve these coding problems), drive back to Denver, fly home. It was all done in one day which makes for a long day and a little bit of a brain drain. The company paid for everything. After being hired the company was quick to reimburse moving expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Things pretty much went as expected and included the typical things for this job. Nothing was really unexpected.   Answer Question
    Due to a hiring freeze it went back and forth from "hired", "No. Wait", "What about contract work?", "Oh we can hire you after all"

Digital Marketing Interview

- Reviewed my resume, set up an interview within a week
    - Interviewed me, 2 bosses
    - Asked me about what marketing is, what my thoughts on iHeartRadio were
    - Marketing Background is a huge plus!
    - Managing social media, Twitter, Facebook, Websites

Interview Questions
    • Should be fine if you're aware of music brands like Pandora   Answer Question
    This internship was unpaid

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Be proactive with hiring sales manager, call or email with your interest. You will have to meet numerous managers and employees. Be prepared to deliver a presentation on the stations.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you tried to start with a smaller company or smaller market?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. Allowed a day to sign the offer letter or the opportunity was gone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Applied Online. Took about a week and got a call from a Recruiter in Texas. Then set a personal interview at with one of the Sales Managers. Easy process and relaxed.

Manager, Marketing and Communications Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Clear Channel.

The person who was to be my manager asked me what my religion was. She actually had the nerve to ask "what is your religion?" I needed the job so I answered her question, but I should not have done so. When I started working here, she threw my religion in my face with many anti-semitic comments. These included such gems as: "All the other Jews in the office work on Yom Kippur." I am not joking. I finally quit after a few short months here. Horrible job, horrible manager, horrible co-workers. Awful atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    They told me that they don't have money and so they could not offer what I was asking for. They also warned me about the horrific benefits, which only got worse as I started working here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Clear Channel.

I have nothing negative to say about the interview process. I thought the person that interviewed me was very nice and professional. I would love to work for Clear Channel

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel in November 2013.

I learned of the intern position through a friend. There was not much to the process. I emailed the intern coordinator and scheduled an in person interview. It was quick and simple.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Applied online. Heard back a few days later and was invited to a group interview. It was super casual and mostly just played icebreaker games. Met the jocks to get a feel for which personalities matched ours. Got an email a few days later with an offer and our show assignment.

Producer/Board-Op Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Clear Channel.

An internship is the best way to get your foot in the door. You must be currently enrolled in school and able to recieve a school credit for an internship. Submit a cover letter and resume.

Interview Questions

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!