Clear Channel Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.6

Promotions Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clear Channel in August 2013.

Phone interview first; one week later a phone call for an in-person interview. The interviewers were two other interns. The questions were ridiculous. It almost made me question if I really wanted to pursue with the process. One was reading and filling out a standardized form, while the other one was just sitting there and giving answering the questions for herself.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an ice cream flavor what would it be?
      If you were a candy which would it be?
      What super power would you choose?

View Answer

There was an error in scheduling and I could not come in on the days they needed me to. They offered me an intern position the following semester but I declined.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clear Channel in March 2013.

I submitted my resume online. A few days later a recruiter called. She asked about my current position and my sales experience. Then a second recruiter called and explained the position further and the responsibilities. She then scheduled an in person interview for the following week. I went in and had an in person interview.

Sales Promotions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clear Channel in January 2013.

The recruiter was nice, and informative until the day of the interview. At the interview the person hiring made me wait for 1 hour in the lobby and told me that the recruiter misleads the applicants into thinking that pay and position is better than it is. Interviewer also asked questions that they were not allowed to.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer just read from a book of questions that she asks everybody. The hardest question that she asked was "what is your biggest flaw?", but that is expected to be asked in every interview that you go to.   Answer Question

News Anchor/Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clear Channel.

The interview process for this position was very easy for me, as I'd had more than 7 years prior experience as an air personality with one of the other stations in the company, and they were already familiar with me. I went through some testing to make sure I could handle the job of anchoring and writing news reports.

There was no negotiation as the salary was settled by corporate policy.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Clear Channel in September 2011.

Interviewed in September 2011 for a Sales Assistant position. I interviewed first with the division manager. Sort of a stern guy, really intimidated me so I forgot a lot of my prepared questions and answers, so that wasn't on my side. Anyway I did something right because I was invited back for a second interview with another manager. The length of time between contacts from the company were quite long so I sent follow-up emails and calls about once per week to touch base. Anyway after my second interview I waited about a week or two and called and found out I didn't get the position, but I was in his top 3 choices out of 30+ applicants.

Follow-up was not good at all, and I feel like I was led on by the hiring manager. He said he would recommend me for positions if they opened up internally. I re-applied for another Sales Assistant position in November and emailed the manager for a reference. He replied and asked when my interview was scheduled, and I replied that I had not been contacted for an interview yet (you need the reference so you can get a call-back from your application! Especially with 30+ applicants). Anyway he ignored my email.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your current manager what your greatest strength would be, what would she say?   Answer Question