Clear Channel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director, Solutions Interview

Director, Solutions
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel in January 2014.

Interview Details – First screening with the recruiter out of market on the phone, then presented to the direct hiring manager and later supervisor.

Interview Question – Was thrown a "what would you do" scenario that I couldn't tell if it was real or not (it was!) to see what my thinking process would be, reaction, course of action, etc.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary too low.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initial process stalled with VP of Operations. Restarted with phone interview followed by first round with hiring manager the Sr Project Mgr. Second round on another day with other members of senior technical management, EVP Technology, VP of Operations, Director of Project Mgmt, and CTO

Interview Question – Questions about how to implement tech projects. Some big data style questions involving Hadoop. Questions involving how to motivate & manage teams that don't report to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation in salary or compensation. Flexible in start date and on-baording.

Web Editor Interview

Web Editor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Clear Channel in October 2010.

Interview Details – Went through phone round, written test and in-person interview. Spoke with several people at in-person interview. Professional, courteous.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult artist?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details – I was called two months after originally applying and the recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview the very next day. The interview was fairly easy with average questions. After that interview, she told me that another recruiter would call for a second interviewer sometime during the week. I was contacted by that recruiter only four days later, and scheduled for another phone interview in three days. That interview was a little harder than the last, but still easy. I was supposed to have another interview in person the next day, but the recruiter failed to call me back or email with information.

Interview Question – What is a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the AE position in NYC. The interviewer was cold and peered at me through her glasses the entire time. She was condescending and asked questions about a job I had 13 years ago.

Interview Question – She asked if you can name all the NYC radio stations owned by Clear Channel and three artists from each station.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Programming Assistant Interview

Programming Assistant
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel in December 2011.

Interview Details – I shouldn't even call it an interview as I only got as far as a "phone interview" that lasted 5-10 minutes.

Note to Clear Channel and others....if you only think you might be interested in speaking with candidates, don't bother calling at all. I'd rather have no response after applying for a position, rather than a 5 minute phone call asking me the most generic general questions that gets no useful information out of me pertaining to the job.

Also, please hire more professional recruiters to contact us, rather than a secretary , who sounds like she could care less on the phone about what I am saying, and then gets annoyed that I actually do have some questions to ask after she offers to answer any.

It was a waste of time for me to prepare myself for a potential informative and productive interview when it was clearly useless. It boggles my mind how a candidate was even chosen through this process to go onto the next round. On what criteria were they chosen over me and others??

Interview Question – What is your dream job?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clear Channel in July 2010.

Interview Details – They asked about what i am i doing in my current projets and my daily activity.

Interview Question – How do you install build on iPhone   View Answer

Development Interview

Development
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel in June 2010.

Interview Details – It was one on one then group interview that took 2 hours. At the end Offer letter was presented

Interview Question – No tricky or diffecault uestions.
Just to the point and what they looked for.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!