Clear Channel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing and Promotions Intern Interview

Marketing and Promotions Intern
San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel in January 2012.

Interview Details – After making the initial connection with the supervisor at an event, applied for the position by sending my cover letter and resume. Within a week or so, was called in for an interview and asked about previous experience, involvement and collegiate leadership.

I was offered an internship on the spot.

Interview Question – Of our stations, which one do you listen to the most? Why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very Friendly and making sure I was the right fit was important ti them.

Interview Question – Same HR questions everyone asks   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate time off. They were very fair with salary

Junior Treasury Analyst Interview

Junior Treasury Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Clear Channel in June 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an application on the company's website. I found the job posting through my university's job board. A recruiter emailed me within a week and set up a first round 1:1 phone interview. Was asked basic behavioral interview questions such as "Tell me about X organization on your resume. What was your role there?"

I passed the 1st round interview and received a 2nd round 1:1 phone interview with a Vice President / Treasury Assistant. He asked "walk me through your resume" and then probed my knowledge of Treasury Strategies. He asked specifically about any classwork I had related to treasury management and processes. He also emphasized this would be a pretty unstructured role, so if you prefer a structured work environment, this probably isn't going to be your best fit.

Interview Question – "Why are you interested in working in the Treasury Department?" (1st Round)
"When issuing debt and considering fixed rate vs. floating rate issuances, what factors would you consider when issuing one type of debt over the other (or a combination of the two) and why?" (2nd Round)
  Answer Question

Total Traffic Network Sales Leader Interview

Total Traffic Network Sales Leader
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Clear Channel in August 2012.

Interview Details – Corporate recruiting team was AMAZING - the most supportive, thorough, friendly and caring person I've ever worked with on a recruiting stand point. Phone interviews, followed by in person interviews - follow up phone calls - offer letter - addedums - acceptance. For the most part, very smooth process.

Interview Question – Why did you leave the industry prior to applying at Clear Channel?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel in March 2012.

Interview Details – I received an initial email from a Clear Channel recruiter asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an Account Executive position. I replied yes, then I received a call from that same recruiter. She conducted a phone interview with me, then set me up for a phone interview with her boss. I had that interview, then was recommended for a face to face interview with the Director of Sales. I went to that interview, and at the end of my conversation with the Director of Sales, I was asked to call one of the GSM's to set up another interview. I did just that, then had an interview with all three GSM's at the same time. I liked the "panel" interview. They made me feel very comfortable as it was like we were just having an everyday conversation. It also saved a lot of time, rather than having to meet with each of the GSM's individually. In about a week, I was offered the position. I've been grateful and very happy ever since!

Interview Questions

• It wasn't difficult, but I was given a scenario regarding a customer that wasn't happy that they had been advertising for just a week and were not happy with the results; they said it wasn't working. How would I handle that?   View Answers (2)
  • What do you like least about working in sales?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate, because the offer was good, and what I expected.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel in March 2009.

Interview Details – manager ask a lot of specific financial questions which require you have a very strong financial background, and you also need to response very quickly. Be familiar with the company is very important. You will get pay back if you have prepared very well for this interview. No internal referal for this position

Interview Questions

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!